Anyone found some settings they like with the F16 FSSB?

Gunfreak

Yes, I have after a LOT of fiddling around.....

I use the mixed force and movement option, with the slider set a little past halfway to the right ( You can try tweaking this to suit.....) 

I have set the forces down to about 25% on each axis

I have set approx a 10 saturation curve in DCS axis tune.

For me, this gives a nice mix - You dont want it too twitchy otherwise formation and refueling is a nightmare and you dont want it too hard to bank etc.

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

On 2/6/2023 at 12:36 PM, markturner1960 said:

I use the mixed force and movement option, with the slider set a little past halfway to the right ( You can try tweaking this to suit.....) 

For me, this gives a nice mix - You dont want it too twitchy otherwise formation and refueling is a nightmare and you dont want it too hard to bank etc.

I'll try that.

I had to up the force quite a lot. As I found lower settings on force was just so extremely sensitive I would more or less roll on my back. Trying to land.

After upping the force to 45 right, 60 left, 60 down and 80 up. I can finally land again.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Is the stick suppose to require that much pressure to roll the jet. I have to push the stick to the point it wants to break free of my desk. I feel like I have to apply to much force to the stick to get the F-16 to do what I want it to do. Not sure if the settings out of the box arecorrect. I see in the simapppro software that there are setting I can change but nothing make all the big a diffrence. The F-16 rolls very slowly.  I’m just not strong enough to roll the aircraft like I was on my Virpil stick. Just curious if that how it’s supposed to be?

Edited by Checkmate

On 2/9/2023 at 5:06 PM, Checkmate said:

Is the stick suppose to require that much pressure to roll the jet. I have to push the stick to the point it wants to break free of my desk. I feel like I have to apply to much force to the stick to get the F-16 to do what I want it to do. Not sure if the settings out of the box arecorrect. I see in the simapppro software that there are setting I can change but nothing make all the big a diffrence. The F-16 rolls very slowly.  I’m just not strong enough to roll the aircraft like I was on my Virpil stick. Just curious if that how it’s supposed to be?

The real jet requires more force for full deflection than the winwing base (or the non-pro realsim) can sense.

Body mechanics are important with a force sensing stick, you need to get it off your desk and down by your thigh and you want a forearm support (look at the F16, F22, F35, Rafale - they all have an arm rest). You'll also need a very sturdy mount if you want anything close to correct forces.

If you're going to keep it on your desk then you will need to dial down the forces considerably.

f16stick.thumb.jpg.db109d3f7c94c8f8445e15bb943c025e.jpg

2f9253574cab983eca2add2a3b194186.jpg

9509566837_7088351b05_b.thumb.jpg.008b8836f4c0d016f4f6b1b370320891.jpg

19egpahlg2511.jpg.d1a10d9aa95ec1962f32ea27311bd326.jpg

mq2yphmlrku11.thumb.jpg.08a3b2d14df36c18e05047ef57141cb8.jpg

Edited by Scott-S6

• 9 months later...
On 2/9/2023 at 5:06 PM, Checkmate said:

Sorry to reopen a thread from a while ago, however I’ve literally just received this stick, and I’m trying to dial it in.      I’m finding this exact issue @Checkmate, just wondering if you ever found a solution to it. 

got it mounted to a Wheelstand pro and fully screwed down, BUT the pressure I’m having to put on it to roll is literally moving the entire Mount in it’s holding.    I’m guessing I’ve done something wrong in my setup. At least I’m hoping I have anyway. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

You either need to reinforce your mount or reduce forces.

I had to build a full new mount and reinforce my cockpit frame. I doubt you'll be able to use it with the wheel stand pro without reducing the forces considerably.

Edited by Scott-S6

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 5:36 AM, markturner1960 said:

Could you be a bit more specific? Send a screenshot if you could?