Maverick (AGM-65D) Preplan Mode: Is the Handoff from TGP to MAV supposed to work?

LeCuvier
Go to solution Solved by VarZat,

I'm in open beta. I have been able to make the boresighting on the ground work twice in a row. But it seems very unforgiving. No errors allowed.
Now I have another issue, which also exists in air-start missions: I want to hit 3 colocated targets at the same steerpoint. So I point the TGP to the first target, handoff, MAV go!
Then I move the TGP to the second target, handoff, MAV go! And same for the 3rd target. Unfortunately all 3 MAV's hit the same target. What's the magic to make the handoff go to 3 separate targets?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

12 hours ago, silverdevil said:

bignewy asked for anyone with continuing problems to share a short track. i do not see any tracks posted since he asked.

Sure, Np.  here are two track files.  On one it works perfectly.  On the other, not so well.  

Good Mav Chk.trk

The other file

Not So Good Mav Chk.trk

Edited by MVS-Viper
  • Like 1

Image36.jpg

16 hours ago, MVS-Viper said:

Sure, Np.  here are two track files.  On one it works perfectly.  On the other, not so well 

"not so good" track. i believe the issues were not boresighting. the first two vehicles were in the open. no problems. the second two were really close together and the invulnerable trees were in the way. the last volley looked like to me you shot two mavs at same target. maybe the track got problematic?

Edited by silverdevil
Typo

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

4 hours ago, silverdevil said:

"not so good" track. i believe the issues were not boresighting. the first two vehicles were in the open. no problems. the second two were really close together and the invulnerable trees were in the way. the last volley looked like to me you shot two mavs at same target. maybe the track got problematic?

I’ll have to look at it again, but I think the first two were misses. Pretty sure the first hits were made by my wingman.  On the last two I think I went to the seeker head in order to lock. I did fire two at the last target because I was not comfortable that the first shot got a good lock. Not at my computer ATM, but I’ll check later.  

Image36.jpg

24 minutes ago, MVS-Viper said:

I’ll have to look at it again, but I think the first two were misses. Pretty sure the first hits were made by my wingman.  On the last two I think I went to the seeker head in order to lock. I did fire two at the last target because I was not comfortable that the first shot got a good lock. Not at my computer ATM, but I’ll check later.  

i looked at the tacview of what i saw. lol. you got a kill on a defenseless drop tank! 

image.png

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain