Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

14 minutes ago, Cepacol said:

Incredible! Very cool! What is the engagement range of the S-350?

According to Wikipedia, there are three different types of missiles that the S-350 system works with.  The top-of-the-line 9M96E2 has a published maximum range of 120 km, about 65 nautical miles.  The vertical engagement range is said to be 30 km, which is close to 100,000 feet.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-350_missile_system#Missiles

https://web.archive.org/web/20190808002052/https://aviationweek.com/site-files/aviationweek.com/files/uploads/2015/07/asd_08_06_2015_dossier.pdf

• Like 2

Hey Currenthill,

Thanks for all the work you've done on these mods! I basically don't make missions without some of these assets anymore. 

Quick question. I'm trying to use the UK Frigate and Destroyer for a naval bombardment but I can't get the gun to fire more than 5nm. Is there any tweak you can make to give them longer range?

On 5/29/2023 at 12:22 PM, tripod3 said:

The 9m338 missile from tor m2m now has a texture from a mock-up for weapons exhibitions, it is just gray on the video recordings of combat use

DCS1.png

Thanks! It's hard to find actual reference pictures of a lot of the stuff I make. 👍🏻

16 hours ago, Poptart said:

Hey Currenthill,

Thanks for all the work you've done on these mods! I basically don't make missions without some of these assets anymore. 

Quick question. I'm trying to use the UK Frigate and Destroyer for a naval bombardment but I can't get the gun to fire more than 5nm. Is there any tweak you can make to give them longer range?

I just tried both the Type 26 and Type 45. I had no issue firing their artillery gun at max range, which is around 12 nm.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Lavilyse said:

Do we also get this Radar? 

zenitnyi-raketnyi-kompleks-nestrategicheskoi-protivoraketnoi-oborony-abakan-9vyao1wp-1640135161.jpg

I certainly hope so! Ya have to thank Currenthill for bringing life to DCS World! Currenthill is by far the best mod creator for DCS World and I thank Him!

Timex 3

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Nice timing, I'm actually working on this guy at the moment. 👍🏻

Skärmbild 2023-05-30 210944.jpg

This radar appears to be part of the S-400 defense network.  Not sure if I should be too excited yet but we eagerly await good news.   Also, can this radar be incorporated into the S-350 network like how the Aegis combat system, Patriot system, THAAD, and Ground-Based Midcourse Defense are being fused into a mesh network-centric hive mind? 

27 minutes ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

This radar appears to be part of the S-400 defense network.  Not sure if I should be too excited yet but we eagerly await good news.   Also, can this radar be incorporated into the S-350 network like how the Aegis combat system, Patriot system, THAAD, and Ground-Based Midcourse Defense are being fused into a mesh network-centric hive mind? 

The 96L6 radar can optionally be used with an S-350 battery. And of course the S-300 or S-400. But in this case I've made it for the S-350. 

Skärmbild 2023-05-30 215628.png

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 9

34 minutes ago, currenthill said:

The 96L6 radar can optionally be used with an S-350 battery. And of course the S-300 or S-400. But in this case I've made it for the S-350. 

Skärmbild 2023-05-30 215628.png

Appreciate the information.  Plenty to learn, as it turns out.  Do you also plan on incorporating the 96L6-VP and/or the 96L6-TSP radar?

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 16.39.31.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

Appreciate the information.  Plenty to learn, as it turns out.  Do you also plan on incorporating the 96L6-VP and/or the 96L6-TSP radar?

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 16.39.31.png

Probably not with the initial release version, haven't found a suitable model. And I don't want to delay the release because of this.

15 hours ago, Timex3 said:

Wow, I'm impressed, looks amazing!

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Do we have a release date

Nope, I don't give release dates. I release my assets when I think they're good to go, and my release log should make it evident that my process is pretty efficient, if I may say so myself. 😜

2 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

I see no reason to push the creator. He never delayed the release of his creations.

Thanks! 👌🏻

• Like 6

By the way, should you encounter any reference pictures of the S-350 carrying 9M100 tubes, please share them. 👌🏻

The 50P6 should be able to carry 8 x quad 9M100 tubes (32 missiles). But I have yet to see a picture of it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

By the way, should you encounter any reference pictures of the S-350 carrying 9M100 tubes, please share them. 👌🏻

The 50P6 should be able to carry 8 x quad 9M100 tubes (32 missiles). But I have yet to see a picture of it. 

null

image.png

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, tripod3 said:

S-400_MODEL_MAKS-2001_01.jpg

Hi. This is the original image. The launcher in 2001 year was intended to be a part of S-400 but not S-350.

No S-350 with 9M100(E) photos or footage have been revealed yet.

Thanks! Yeah, I've seen that model. There seem to be a consensus that it will carry 32 x 9M100. And we have seen pictures of 9M100 quad launcher tubes. So I will add that amount of tubes and tweak the setup in the future when reference pictures are obtained.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, currenthill said:

The 96L6 SR and 50P6 9M100 LN has been added. I've also redone the 9M96D model. It's moving along fine...

Skärmbild 2023-05-31 225759.jpg

Looks absolutely amazing!! Looking forward to its release!

Thank you Currenthill

• Like 4

On 5/30/2023 at 9:55 AM, currenthill said:

I just tried both the Type 26 and Type 45. I had no issue firing their artillery gun at max range, which is around 12 nm.

I've been trying all kinds of stuff to figure out why my results were different than yours. I think I finally I figured it out. It seems like the two ships will shoot at boats and ships at maximum range but the gun refuses to shoot at land targets (using the "fire at point" action). The other ships (the US DDG and CG) will fire at land targets at 12 nm.

• Like 1