More Russian planes/hellis in DCS

ADHS

Yeah, I'd most definitely love getting more red birds, helos/fixed wing alike.

There's a few potentially coming though:

- Either a Su-17M4 or Su-22M4 is potentially coming in (probably distant) future from Magnitude 3 or OctopusG

- There is a new (not yet licensed from ED) studio working on a MiG-17F, hopefully they'll pull it off!

- On the WWII side, a La-7 is apparently fairly close to release from OctopusG

- And a semi Chinese, semi western avionics equipped J-8 II "Peace Pearl" is coming from Deka Ironworks

- ED wants/hopes/teases to eventually make an early MiG-29A, or maybe G

- Razbam is working on a MiG-23MLA which should hopefully be their next focus on new module development after F-15E

Anything later seems like not very likely at all sadly. Now, that's not horrible for me, while I'd love some modern Flanker or Ka-52 etc, I actually like Cold War stuff way, way more myself, and anything past 2000s seems very hard to happen when it comes to Russian stuff. As for the Chinese, Deka seems not to be able to get permissions for anything fully domestic, so we get half-red birds like JF-17 and J-8II PP.

I'd love more helicopters too. Mi-2URP, Mi-6 or even Mi-26 could all be really cool.

ED keeps saying issues blocking them from making a Russian aircraft may not necessarily do the same for a 3rd party studio without developers who aren't Russian nationals/based in Russia. So there may be some hope perhaps, however none of the Su-30 customers seem any more likely to share information than Russia, so even then it'd be an early Flanker. Don't think it is too difference for Su-24 too.

Still, there ARE lots of very cool Cold War era birds we can hopefully get sooner rather than later. As for more Chinese birds, I'm hoping Deka can make a late F-7 export model with double deltas and western avionics as that could hopefully be possible and fit with their theme so far.

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Russian ones will not we possible in the future due to Russian law.

But many Soviet Union ones are in DCS right now like MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Czechoslovakia L-39 and more Soviet modules are in development like Su-17M, MiG-23MLA, La-7, possibly MiG-29 9.12, possibly MiG-17.

In helicopter department there is parity right now with 3 eastern Mi-8, Ka-50 and Mi-24 and 3 western Gazelle, AH-64 and Huey.

Edited by bies
  • Like 2

I think that the present battlefield shows that everything
have change drastically, so the arsenal, so the platforms
and most important: the digital (UAV) & manned abilities
in air land and sea.
Good to have modules for WW2, Cold war era, and some
traces of modern vehicles such as 1986's AH-64D plus their weapon version limitations!
But now today, we are living in the stealth technology and Space Forces era, and IMO,
almost before our spaceships will appear flying in front of our eyes in the skies.
Seems that DCS have missed the long term advertised "real war battlefield conditions",
once is selling/adding just collectable museum type of antiques, from a forgotten past.

Edited by ADHS

Democracy was already invented, while Scrat was eating oak fruits.

23 hours ago, ADHS said:

I think that the present battlefield shows that everything
have change drastically, so the arsenal, so the platforms
and most important: the digital (UAV) & manned abilities
in air land and sea.
Good to have modules for WW2, Cold war era, and some
traces of modern vehicles such as 1986's AH-64D plus their weapon version limitations!
But now today, we are living in the stealth technology and Space Forces era, and IMO,
almost before our spaceships will appear flying in front of our eyes in the skies.
Seems that DCS have missed the long term advertised "real war battlefield conditions",
once is selling/adding just collectable museum type of antiques, from a forgotten past.

This is the nature of combat flight simulators. What can and can't be simulated is limited by what information that the differnt governments of the world will allow get released. The folks in Moscow and Beijing tend to be quite secretive about their fighters and other weapons systems. So for online games in the modern era we're going co-op, using mods. The best hope for online is for DCS to be the flying legends collection

Edited by upyr1
  • Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 2:29 PM, ADHS said:

There will never be any realistic simulator covering strictly classified modern military equipment due to obvious reasons. And there is nothing wrong about it.

When it comes to experience of realistic battlefield of the past (~1944-2006) Dynamic Campaign and air defence overhaul hopefully improve the situation significantly.

Edited by bies
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, bies said:

strictly classified modern military equipement due to obvious reasons

Yes, i understand.

18 hours ago, upyr1 said:

The best hope for online is for DCS to be the flying legends collection

I agree.

Democracy was already invented, while Scrat was eating oak fruits.