Missing Tank Engine Sounds - Fix

DD_Friar

@boyington2, Sorry we only know what we have posted here in this thread for the mentioned airplanes and single helicopter, which we found to all work.

The fix is only for planes with the SOUNDERS folder. If the plane you are trying to fix does not have the sounders folder then we are unable to assist.

We defiantly had the fix work for us on the UH60L - have you checked all the syntax is correct. I think capitals may matter and names must match. Have you read all the posts in the thread as the answer to the reduced sound was posted in a subsequent post after we found the initial answer.  

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

18 hours ago, DD_Friar said:

@boyington2, Sorry we only know what we have posted here in this thread for the mentioned airplanes and single helicopter, which we found to all work.

The fix is only for planes with the SOUNDERS folder. If the plane you are trying to fix does not have the sounders folder then we are unable to assist.

We defiantly had the fix work for us on the UH60L - have you checked all the syntax is correct. I think capitals may matter and names must match. Have you read all the posts in the thread as the answer to the reduced sound was posted in a subsequent post after we found the initial answer.  

Newermind, i found my issue (other mods problems :D)

Here is a video proof that is working (Record on Grayflag Syria COIN server) : 

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2023 at 11:32 AM, DD_Friar said:

Blackhawk

Open the "UH-60L" folder

Open the "Sounds" folder

Open the "Sounders" folder

Rename the "Tools.lua" to be "uh60l_Tools.lua" (this reads uh'sixty' lower case L)

Open the "Aircraft" folder

Open the "Engines" folder"

Edit the file called "uh60l_engine.lua" with notepad or similar

Edit the first line which says dofile("Tools.lua") to read dofile("uh60l_Tools.lua")

@ANDR0ID - Is that not what we originally posted  - or am I missing something?

But thanks for updating.

I do not see these fixes as "my fixes" they are there for the community to use and update as required.

• Like 1

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

@DD_FriarThe instructions in the original post for the UH-60L only have two files updated, Tools.lua and uh60l_engine.lua. A third file, uh60l_Aircraft.lua also needs to be updated as it references Tools.lua... which is now uh60l_Tools.lua per the fix. 

Thanks again. 

• Thanks 1

Salute @ANDR0ID

I can see where the confusion may be. In the post immediately following our first post where the fixes were outlined, we found the sound issue you describe and listed the fix for the bronco only but implied that is what you need to do for other planes.

Bu thank you for pointing this out

DD_Friar

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
Am 28.2.2023 um 11:02 schrieb Sid301:

Here is a zip file for the aircraft we currently know cause sound loss in some of the Combined Arms vehicles.

It fixes the missing ground vehicle sounds when one, or any combination, of the following aircraft are present in your installation:
A-4E-C Skyhawk ('A-4E-C' Community Mod)
OV10-A Bronco ('BRONCO V1.08' Community Mod)
UH-60L Blackhawk ('UH-60L' Community Mod)

Install:
Delete the 'Sounders' folder in the '\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C, BRONCO V1.08, UH-60L(whichever you have installed)\Sounds\' folder. Unzip the file into a new backup folder. Select your aircraft folder from the new ones and copy and paste it into the 'Mods\aircraft' folder. This places the fixed 'Sounders' folder in the aircraft.

It isn't a case of us being resistant to providing a zip file, it's as DD_Friar said previously, we have found a fix for aircraft that we currently know cause an issue and have published it so that others are aware and can use the solution as they wish. We don't, and won't, have all the Community modded aircraft in our installations and don't want to be the ones that monitor this thread for other aircraft. Another reason for not providing a zip file on my part is that I am looking to provide a JSGME method so have held back. However, I'm very happy to provide a zip file.

Cheerzen

DD_Sid 

A4 Skyhawk OV10 Bronco and UH60L Blackhawk soundfix.zip 39.58 kB · 32 Downloads

I first tried the instructions from the first post but that didn't seem to do it. Your upload of the files, there is also more in it, worked. Thank you guys !

Edited by Sithos
  • Like 1

greetings Marcus

Member of the "F-16 Viper Club" | a flag-waving-250.png F-16 (Only) Squadron

Has anyone else the issue where a tank (e.g. a M1A2 who is already present in the session when you join a server) has working engine sound and where a M1A2 that gets spawned in via script (e.g. CTLD) lacks engine sound?

Referring to my recent experience that I posted in this thread (incl. video, log & track file of spawn-in test with unmodded game)

At one moment I had the Blackhawk mod installed and did the manual config edit thing and engines of present tanks work fine in MP but are absent for those who spawn in via script.

This problem also happens without any mods installed (c.f. the linked thread)

Edited by boerdi
  • Like 1

UPDATE:

I have been informed that it has been fixed for the A4-E in version 2.1.1.

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2023 at 3:19 PM, boerdi said:

Has anyone else the issue where a tank (e.g. a M1A2 who is already present in the session when you join a server) has working engine sound and where a M1A2 that gets spawned in via script (e.g. CTLD) lacks engine sound?

Referring to my recent experience that I posted in this thread (incl. video, log & track file of spawn-in test with unmodded game)

At one moment I had the Blackhawk mod installed and did the manual config edit thing and engines of present tanks work fine in MP but are absent for those who spawn in via script.

This problem also happens without any mods installed (c.f. the linked thread)

Yeah, I think I am experiencing the same issue

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I found the same issue with Saab SK60 Mod

DCS-SK60_Mod

Open the "DCS-SK60_Mod" folder.

Open the "Sounds" folder.

Open the "Sounders" folder.

Rename the "Tools.lua" to be "SK60Tools.lua"

Open the "Aircraft" folder.

Edit the file called "SK60Aircraft.lua" with notepad or similar.

Edit the first line which says dofile("Tools.lua") to read dofile("SK60Tools.lua")

Add a second line that says dofile("Curve.lua")

Save and close the file.

Open the "Engines" folder".

Edit the file called "Rolls-Royce Adour.lua" with notepad or similar.

Edit the first line which says dofile("Tools.lua") to read dofile("SK60Tools.lua")

Add a second line that says dofile("Curve.lua")

Save and close the file.

Edited by DerRedMax
  • Thanks 1