[No Bug] May its realistic, but after such long time, I really don't like updating stores restrictions.

May its realistic, but after such long time, I really don't like updated stores restrictions.

If I have AIM-9M on outer wingtip station, then next station cannot take multi-munition rack for 2 JDAM's. If i put 2 X JDAM on the station then outer wingtip station cannot take Sidewinder.

If RAZBAM is following updated NATOPS on AV-8B, then its something we'll have to live with.

• Like 1

The changes were made to reflect the USMC loadout constraints which is sadly a bit more limited than what we had before.

When they changed the loadouts they added 2 different options for each double rack, one with the bombs on the left and bottom, and one with the bombs on the right and bottom. If you select the option that has the bomb on the side of the rack pointing towards the plane you can fit a missile on the outer pylon.

NATOPS, I beleive, are not written in stone. Regs to evolve. In the issue I brought up, turned out to be a non-issue. Matter of handedness. Port wing station need left handed orientation of munitions, and srbd station needs right handedness. To allow safe clearance for separation of munition. Either JDAM or AIM-9M. I imagine that there may be others, unknown to us or RAZBAM , to extend life of airframe, or reduce risk. The matter of handedness is really, IMHO, is an armorer issue, not mission planner's. It becomes pilot's issue during pre-flight , weight&balance, and trim(in-flight). I do appreciate the detail that RAZBAM paid to munitions, and hope they contunue to do so.

I still to this day proclaim, that if I had to choose to have only a single commercial mod for DCS it would be AV-8B/NA. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [No Bug] May its realistic, but after such long time, I really don't like updating stores restrictions.
  • 2 weeks later...
Am 15.3.2023 um 00:14 schrieb gmangnall:

If the harrier can carry it then it should be allowed. Limiting to what the USMC use seems ludicrous.

You can edit the LUA file to allow the odl loadouts - but it fails IC

It's not "what the USMC use", but what can be safely loaded together on neighboring stations... Personally, I would prefer to be able to load everything that fits on the racks and model separation issues, flutter/vibrations, collisions etc. so you damage the plane or blow yourself up, if you don't follow safe loadout restrictions.

But I guess the "bug" report flood and need to explain/train loadout limitations is more pain, than putting predefined "proper" loadouts reflecting safe loadouts. 😆

• Like 2

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)