XR neck safer in MT build.

Dog 1-1

Hello all,  I'm having an issue with XR neck safer not working in the new MT build.  I forced Open XR runtime just as I had to in the previous OB to get the app to continue to work.  However it is producing some strange behavior.  I get into dcs and XR neck safer registers movement, it even registers that it is doing the accelerated movement of looking behind me.  However my view remains the same.  MY JHMCS however shoots out of my view as if it is still being controlled by the app.  Also if I look to the side and them zoom in, my view zooms in towards the rear of the plane because thats where XR neck safer is accelerating my view to.  However my default zoom level view remains at the point my head is facing.  Anybody experiencing something similar?

HP reverb G2, standalone version.

• Like 1

I just installed XR necksafer for the first time after this recent MT update. I set up some button bindings, but didn't even get to try it out because it causes DCS to crash to desktop every time on DCS startup, even if I don't run XRNS. The only way I could get DCS to run again was to completely uninstall XRNS. I also use OpenXR Toolkit, if that matters. Any advice?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

If you have more than 'XR_APILAYER_toolkit' and 'XR_APILAYER_XRNeckSafer' show up when you select 'Show Active OpenXR API Layers' on the openXR tab, that's your issue.  You need to eliminate the extra garbage from earlier installs out from your registry.

1 hour ago, Nodak said:

If you have more than 'XR_APILAYER_toolkit' and 'XR_APILAYER_XRNeckSafer' show up when you select 'Show Active OpenXR API Layers' on the openXR tab, that's your issue.  You need to eliminate the extra garbage from earlier installs out from your registry.

I don't think I had any prior installs. This is what it shows:

XR_APILAYER_NOVENDOR_toolkit

XR_APILAYER_VIVE_hand_tracking

XR_APILAYER_VIVE_srworks

XR_APILAYER_NOVENDOR_XRnecksafer

I can only deactivate the last one using this utility. I don't know how to do anything about the others though.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

First thing to check is if there is an old XRNS API layer left over from a very old XRNS install. The XRNS menu "show active OpenXR API layers" should only list one entry for XRNeckSafer. If it is more than one it can cause all kind of strange effects. Alternatively you can check in the registry for stale entries in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenXR\1\ApiLayers.

From the maker himself off another board.  That's the path in the registry to delete them.

2 hours ago, Nodak said:

From the maker himself off another board.  That's the path in the registry to delete them.

Hmmm. I have no Khronos folder at all there in that path. Just an XRNeckSafer folder, and it's empty other than the default and desktop shortcut. No API layers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 4:28 AM, Dog 1-1 said:

Hello all,  I'm having an issue with XR neck safer not working in the new MT build.  I forced Open XR runtime just as I had to in the previous OB to get the app to continue to work.  However it is producing some strange behavior.  I get into dcs and XR neck safer registers movement, it even registers that it is doing the accelerated movement of looking behind me.  However my view remains the same.  MY JHMCS however shoots out of my view as if it is still being controlled by the app.  Also if I look to the side and them zoom in, my view zooms in towards the rear of the plane because thats where XR neck safer is accelerating my view to.  However my default zoom level view remains at the point my head is facing.  Anybody experiencing something similar?

HP reverb G2, standalone version.

yes. is completely broken for native open xr. only works with opencomposite wich MT version is not recognized.

Edited by muzica9

On 3/22/2023 at 11:42 AM, muzica9 said:

yes. is completely broken for native open xr. only works with opencomposite wich MT version is not recognized.

It is working for me with the MT version and native openxr.

I do need to run it after starting DCS though, not that it is a great hardship, otherwise the menu is upside down and behind me.

Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/13/2023 at 3:33 AM, Darrylx444 said:

Hmmm. I have no Khronos folder at all there in that path. Just an XRNeckSafer folder, and it's empty other than the default and desktop shortcut. No API layers.

Did you ever resolve this?  I'm having the same issue with my VP2.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Is anyone having the issue when running XRNecksafer that after about 15-20 mins a windows BSOD with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA
DCS OB Standalone, Native OpenXR, HP Reverb G2
Running XRNEcksafer with normal privileges, should it be run as Admin?

Edited by goldleader

i9-9900KS CPU @ 5.1GHz, Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z390 Master Mobo, Corsair Vengance 64GB 3000Mhz Ram, 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 1Tb Drive (OS), 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 512Gb Drive (DCS), 1 x RTX 2080Ti AORUS Waterforce 11Gb, 3 x 27" ACER Predator 2560x1440px, 27" LG 2560x1440px HP Reverb G2, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog Throttle and Stick, 3 x HOTAS Cougar MFCDs, Elgato Streamdeck & Streamdeck XL

Nope, not at all.

I run NS as a normal user. Can play hours with it enabled. I start NS right before I fire up DCS.

• Thanks 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

14 minutes ago, Nedum said:

Nope, not at all.

I run NS as a normal user. Can play hours with it enabled. I start NS right before I fire up DCS.

That is odd, just ran it as Admin and had no crash but earlier tonight ran it twice as normal user and crash after between 10-20mins both times.

i9-9900KS CPU @ 5.1GHz, Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z390 Master Mobo, Corsair Vengance 64GB 3000Mhz Ram, 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 1Tb Drive (OS), 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 512Gb Drive (DCS), 1 x RTX 2080Ti AORUS Waterforce 11Gb, 3 x 27" ACER Predator 2560x1440px, 27" LG 2560x1440px HP Reverb G2, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog Throttle and Stick, 3 x HOTAS Cougar MFCDs, Elgato Streamdeck & Streamdeck XL

8 hours ago, goldleader said:

Is anyone having the issue when running XRNecksafer that after about 15-20 mins a windows BSOD with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA
DCS OB Standalone, Native OpenXR, HP Reverb G2
Running XRNEcksafer with normal privileges, should it be run as Admin?

I'm not having that issue, but DCS just crashes if I have XRNS enabled.  Wish I could resolve this!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

20 minutes ago, imacken said:

I'm not having that issue, but DCS just crashes if I have XRNS enabled.  Wish I could resolve this!

Me too. DCS runs but crashes when I try to launch a mission. It's really frustrating. It only does it with Pico 4 and VD. Rift s is OK. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

You all use OpenXR?

Ah, and I forgot to mention, I am using XRNS Beta 5a and playing only the Open Beta of DCS (newest version).

Mods: Better Trees (Caucasus, Syria, Marianas) from @Taz and Caucasus Texture pack V2 from @Barthek.

Most people with this problem have a problem with the System configuration (OC).

It could be a RAM Problem. Set the RAM Setting back to default and test it again. For AMD Ryzen users: if you are using CPU Curve Optimizer, disable it (later try to lower the setting, till the systems runs fine).

Try to get the newest stable BIOS for your main board and install it. Reset all settings to default and test it again (I would suggest you should do so even without a BIOS update).

Another thing is the page file. Some of you might have set up the page file for your needing (32GB). Undo that and test it, it could help.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Hoping to get some help with XRNeckSafer and the MT build.

SETUP

• Running XRNeckSafer Beta 5a with a Varjo in MT, with DFR mod.  Note: my XRNeckSafer works fine with running ST.

PROBLEM

• No crashes, but everytime the Autorotation activates, the image is inverted and shifted.  Makes it unusable.  

WHAT I'VE TRIED

• Reinstallation
  • Firing up XRNeckSafer, then DCS.  
  • Firing up DCS, then XRNeckSafer.
  • Selecting 'Deactivate XRNS OpenXR API Layer'.
  • Checking 'Show Active OpenXR API Layers' - which only shows XR_APILAYER_MBUCCHIA_varjo_foveated and XR_APILAYER_NOVENDOR_XRNeckSafer.  No duplicate entries.

Is there anything else I can do to get it working?  It's such a critical tool, particularly for warbirds.  

Alternately, is there any other tool folks have found for checking six easily wearing a VR headset?  

Edited by Istari6

51 minutes ago, Istari6 said:

SETUP

• Running XRNeckSafer Beta 5a with a Varjo in MT, with DFR mod.  Note: my XRNeckSafer works fine with running ST.

PROBLEM

• No crashes, but everytime the Autorotation activates, the image is inverted and shifted.  Makes it unusable.  

WHAT I'VE TRIED

• Reinstallation
  • Checking 'Show Active OpenXR API Layers' - which only shows XR_APILAYER_MBUCCHIA_varjo_foveated and XR_APILAYER_NOVENDOR_XRNeckSafer.  No duplicate entries.

Is there anything else I can do to get it working?  It's such a critical tool, particularly for warbirds.  

I'm having the exact same problem.

On 8/2/2023 at 3:26 AM, Istari6 said:

SETUP

PROBLEM

WHAT I'VE TRIED

• Reinstallation

Alternately, is there any other tool folks have found for checking six easily wearing a VR headset?  

only way to make it work decent(not perfect) is to do a recenter in steam VR app before using dcs and XRNeckSafer. everytime!! yes in steam vr even if you use DCS with open XR.

MT build use native open XR which XRNeckSafer don't support. Developer did not update this for more than 4 months. 

ST build use open composite open XR.

Edited by muzica9

Thanks for the response.  Can you help me understand exactly what you're doing with "recenter"?  

I just tried firing up SteamVR, doing the "Standing Position Setup" (where you center the HMD, then set it on the floor and calibrate).  Then I fired up XRNS.  Then DCS MT.  

I still get exactly the same problem.  Past 90 degrees rotation, the view is flipped vertically and bordered with black rectangles that make it unusable.  

Are you doing things in a different order?

I opened the XRNS window and clicked on "OpenX" and then clicked on "Deactivate XRNS OpenXR API Layer."  I then was able to log on to DCS MT without any upside down or distorted image BUT the necksaver does not work.

In my instance, running a midrange computer in VR, DCS MT currently only gives me 2-3 FPS increase so its not worth the bother.