Performance/FM Development Status DCS 2.8.3.37556 Open Beta FEEDBACK

maxsin72

vor 23 Stunden schrieb captain_dalan:

Testing purposes, handling and performance evaluation under different conditions. How else do you learn to fly the plane unless you push her to the limits? 

I understand, but its written in the natops that’s high AoA with Roll SAS on is a really bad idea.

Learning Pushing the limits is ok, but only in the right conditions, otherwise it makes not much sence and will just lead to bad behaviors. 😉

Btw. Im not shure if the errors with high AoA in combination with roll Sas are now implemented . 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by Schlomo1933

Anyone find that the A model has less thrust when in MIL power since the update, at least at high altitude?  I feel like in the past I could cruise up at 38-39k fully loaded for A2A, and I could maintain around Mach .8.  Now it seems like I'm almost stalling.  And what seems odd is that my speed doesn't increase as time goes on, as you would expect to happen as the fuel and weight burns off when flying at a constant altitude and throttle setting.  Maybe just my imagination, I dunno.

11 hours ago, draconus said:

RL pilots learn specifically to never push the limits.

And test pilots are what? Imaginary pilots? Or mythical beasts? 😄 😉 

1 hour ago, Schlomo1933 said:

I understand, but its written in the natops that’s high AoA with Roll SAS on is a really bad idea.

Learning Pushing the limits is ok, but only in the right conditions, otherwise it makes not much sence and will just lead to bad behaviors. 😉

Btw. Im not shure if the errors with high AoA in combination with roll Sas are now implemented . 🤷🏼‍♂️

There are guys who fly by the NATOPS and there are guys who write the NATOPS. Both are equally valid ways to enjoy this product. As for the the latter point, i'm not sure either,  as i haven't yet done extensive testing myself. I have a hunch, but i'd rather wait for the developers to chime in, or someone do the tests for me! 😄

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

12 hours ago, WarthogOsl said:

Anyone find that the A model has less thrust when in MIL power since the update, at least at high altitude?  I feel like in the past I could cruise up at 38-39k fully loaded for A2A, and I could maintain around Mach .8.  Now it seems like I'm almost stalling.  And what seems odd is that my speed doesn't increase as time goes on, as you would expect to happen as the fuel and weight burns off when flying at a constant altitude and throttle setting.  Maybe just my imagination, I dunno.

Haven't flown since the update, but I do recall stories from pilots talking about how the A+/B finally let the F-14 operate above the low 30s without afterburner.  Maybe this is what they meant?  Also, the F-14 unlike many other planes does not vary significantly between a heavy AA load and a common AG load.

19 hours ago, WarthogOsl said:

Mach 0.8 at 39000 feet is about 250 kias.  Do you recall the old saw from some F-14A pilot to this effect: "in mil power above 25k feet and below 250 kias, all the TF30 does is turn JP-5 into noise"?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CarbonFox said:

What is the max mil power rated at in the TF30? With the F110, it's rated alittle over 16,000.

It's highly dynamic and will change significantly with altitude and airspeed.  Most basically, the higher you are, the less thrust the engine produces, the faster you are, the more thrust it produces, but the relationship is not linear and looks like a curve.  The F-14's thrust will also be affected by the variable inlets.  These things having been said, for point performance, at static (as in 0 altitude, 0 airspeed, full blower on the cat waiting for launch) the TF-30's military power is rated at 10,875lbs installed thrust/engine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

1 hour ago, Quid said:

...These things having been said, for point performance, at static (as in 0 altitude, 0 airspeed, full blower on the cat waiting for launch) the TF-30's military power is rated at 10,875lbs installed thrust/engine.

This is what i've read as well.
As for preliminary flight model testing......i'm impressed! Still getting used to the new stick, so took me a bit longer then what i would have wanted, but here it is. And what can i say, HB outdid themselves. The only significant difference i found between the charts and the current F-14A FM is the region at the mach 1 number, or 675 knots to be exact. It might be a DCS thing, or it might be charts flaw, but at this point instead of the 5g expected available, i could only do 3.4-3.5. Aside from that...... it's extremely close! It's either inside 0.1 g of expected, or inside 10 knots of expected, which is IMPRESSIVE to say the least. Not to mention that the charts may not be all that precise to begin with. Needless to say, i'm looking forward to the B adjustments as well.

Configuration, 4 Sidewinders, 4 Sparrows, no tanks, 53873lbs gross weight. Fuel burn disabled to maintain constant parameters. This of course also needs crosschecking with linear accelerations, but i hope someone else can do it! 😄 Also, other altitudes like 5000ft, 10000ft, 25000ft and especially 35000ft need to be checked. And of course, other loads, like 2x2x2 and 2x2x2x2, which i'm especially interested about!

Enjoy:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

8 hours ago, captain_dalan said:

This is what i've read as well.
As for preliminary flight model testing......i'm impressed! Still getting used to the new stick, so took me a bit longer then what i would have wanted, but here it is. And what can i say, HB outdid themselves. The only significant difference i found between the charts and the current F-14A FM is the region at the mach 1 number, or 675 knots to be exact. It might be a DCS thing, or it might be charts flaw, but at this point instead of the 5g expected available, i could only do 3.4-3.5. Aside from that...... it's extremely close! It's either inside 0.1 g of expected, or inside 10 knots of expected, which is IMPRESSIVE to say the least. Not to mention that the charts may not be all that precise to begin with. Needless to say, i'm looking forward to the B adjustments as well.

Configuration, 4 Sidewinders, 4 Sparrows, no tanks, 53873lbs gross weight. Fuel burn disabled to maintain constant parameters. This of course also needs crosschecking with linear accelerations, but i hope someone else can do it! 😄 Also, other altitudes like 5000ft, 10000ft, 25000ft and especially 35000ft need to be checked. And of course, other loads, like 2x2x2 and 2x2x2x2, which i'm especially interested about!

Enjoy:

Woah what mission is that?

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

I tried the A yesterday. Flew the instant Mission against the Flanker. I don't know why, but the A felt almost a tad better than the B in the same Mission. Sure, there is some missing power, but it felt responsive, I would say it turned better.... even if I am wrong, simply "Thank you".

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

On 3/17/2023 at 3:31 PM, FR4GGL3 said:

I tried the A yesterday. Flew the instant Mission against the Flanker. I don't know why, but the A felt almost a tad better than the B in the same Mission. Sure, there is some missing power, but it felt responsive, I would say it turned better.... even if I am wrong, simply "Thank you".

I think the most important change is actually a part of the envelope not often used by many DCS F-14 users, that's between 400-480 knots, and when in the right conditions you can have a very favorable energy retention and recovery for very small sacrifice in turn rate or gains in altitude. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, captain_dalan said:

I think the most important change is actually a part of the envelope not often used by many DCS F-14 users, that's between 400-480 knots

That might be an explanation because especialliy with the A I tend to go faster in the merge (and also in general). I have at least 420-450 knots before the merge. So that might explain my feelings. It never felt that "light" in the first turn. Anyway. I like it and I am looking forward for similar finetuning for the B.

• Like 2

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

45 minutes ago, Scotia said:

@IronMikeare we going to get an official feedback thread soon?

Yes, our apologies, the last two weeks unfortunately exploded in development tasks, which pushed the updates back a bit. We hope to get it out this week. Thank you for your very kind patience.

• Thanks 4

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I noticed the wing rock first time since MT patch in the IA Marianas dogfight with the JF I like to run as a warm up followed by a plug and then trap to stay in practice when I don't have long to sit at the computer. 

I was used to the shuddering but not that one. I'll get used to it! 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

59 minutes ago, Uxi said:

I noticed the wing rock first time since MT patch in the IA Marianas dogfight with the JF I like to run as a warm up followed by a plug and then trap to stay in practice when I don't have long to sit at the computer. 

I was used to the shuddering but not that one. I'll get used to it! 

Ya, that's quite noticeable now at low speeds (less than 160) with any kind of bank, it gets nasty, but as Iron Mike mentioned before, at that speed, a gentle rudder input instead of stick works wonders, waaaay less wobble at that speed.

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, maxsin72 said:

Is the B new FM coming next 12th April?

Best not to promise anything yet, in case it takes a bit longer, but rest assured that it is one of our top priorities currently.

Thank you for your kind patience!

• Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Our apologies for the delay, but the FM update thread is finally up. Thank you for your feedback in advance!

In light of this we will lock this thread and kindly ask you to move the discussion over to the pinned thread for guided discussion. Thank you!

• Like 2

Heatblur Simulations