DCS tested with the Pimax Crystal

winghunter

I really don’t understand all the hate on this post.  I’ve had a g2 running DCS at 90fps under most circumstances with 13900k and 4090.   I now have the crystal and running exact same settings at balanced setting in pimax at 120 hz and I’m getting 115-120 fps with amazing image quality.  Also maybe sure you download quad view. https://github.com/mbucchia/Quad-Views-Foveated
Ohhh Nice,

I own crystal, and looking forward to the release of eye tracking.
I run G2 before with 3090 10700k 60fps
Now with pimax exact the same fps, but mutch better visual.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CPH2399 met Tapatalk

• Like 1

I get stuttering and "ghosing" effekts, my FPS says 45 FPS stable, my vr mirror looks great, but inside my headset, it just a jittery mess, if I move my head to the sides the number and lines form my P47 instruments gets draged along.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

31 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Smart smothing is off, what is HAGS?

Hag is typically an ex-wife, hags I guess would be multiple ex-wifes...

😉

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/turn-on-or-off-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-in-windows-11.852/

• Like 4

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So apparently HAGS had turned itself on. So now that is fixed.

But i don't get good preformance.

I7 13700k, 3090, SSD, 64gig ram.

I've tried various settings in Pimax Play and open xr tool kit. With FSR 70% resolution in open xr tool kit, I get about 50fps at 27000 feet above Paris as soon as I get into the dogfight with that single fw190 the FPS drops to below 30 and becomes unplayable.

3 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

So apparently HAGS had turned itself on. So now that is fixed.

But i don't get good preformance.

I7 13700k, 3090, SSD, 64gig ram.

I've tried various settings in Pimax Play and open xr tool kit. With FSR 70% resolution in open xr tool kit, I get about 50fps at 27000 feet above Paris as soon as I get into the dogfight with that single fw190 the FPS drops to below 30 and becomes unplayable.

Eye tracking should be in the new version soon. 

Once you setup quadviews you won't need FSR etc. 

Currently on the beta I get 90fps with 200% supersampling on the centre eye tracked area, and downsampling the peripheral with a 4090 7800X3D.

Resolution set at 3800x4500 (80% in oxrtk). 

For your system you may reduce the SS and use quadviews just for FPS purposes, but play around and see what you like. 

TallyMouse made a tool to help adjust quadviews settings https://reddit.com/r/Pimax/s/twXkSV0A01

• Like 2

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

So updated the pimax firmware and play, updated openxr pimax, downloaded that quad thingy, I got better FPS, but still need to dial it in, but sometimes it appears the foviated rendering craps out, I get "squares within squares" like 3 or 4 squares smaller and inside the larger ones. It lasts for a few seconds. Naturally rather nasty to get in your face as you are flying 100 feet over Paris in a dogfight.

And while I did get better FPS still not great. 60FPS up high, down to 30 over Paris, low over Las Vegas I get 30fps

Do you use smoothing? I got strange artifacts with it. Perhaps that's your problem too?

And without knowing your DCS settings, it's hard to tell the FPS you get are wrong or right. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11 Pro, HD: 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD

HOTAS Throttle: TM Warthog Throttle with TM F16 Grip, Orion2 Throttle with F15EX II Grip with Finger Lifts

HOTAS Sticks: TM AVA Base with TM F16 Stick, FSSB R3 Base with TM F16 Stick

Rudder: WinWing Orion Metal

10 minutes ago, Nedum said:

Do you use smoothing? I got strange artifacts with it. Perhaps that's your problem too?

And without knowing your DCS settings, it's hard to tell the FPS you get are wrong or right. 

My Current settings.

Settingsseptember2023.jpg

On 9/9/2023 at 4:33 PM, TAIPAN_ said:

Eye tracking should be in the new version soon. 

Once you setup quadviews you won't need FSR etc. 

Currently on the beta I get 90fps with 200% supersampling on the centre eye tracked area, and downsampling the peripheral with a 4090 7800X3D.

Resolution set at 3800x4500 (80% in oxrtk). 

For your system you may reduce the SS and use quadviews just for FPS purposes, but play around and see what you like. 

TallyMouse made a tool to help adjust quadviews settings https://reddit.com/r/Pimax/s/twXkSV0A01

i have installed this tallymouse stuff... and now dcs is so weard and i cant get it back.

its like dcs is in extreme low res

eny idea what i did wrong? 

image.png

1 hour ago, _schepper_ said:

i have installed this tallymouse stuff... and now dcs is so weard and i cant get it back.

its like dcs is in extreme low res

eny idea what i did wrong? 

image.png

I red somewhere else, that the tool puts, instead of. in the config file, depending on your language setting. 

You want to check the resulting config file for this issue. 

Edited by Lt_Jaeger

schepper - Is your point that the mirror is really small?

Gunfreak - Cloud on Ultra?  Try setting that to standard.  Lens effect need to be set to None.  This interferes with the Quad Views Stuff.

From the Quad Views Wiki

DCS World

• DCS World has two modes of operation: the single-threaded mode, and the new experimental multi-threaded mode. Due to a bug in the game with single-threaded mode (cursor renders double), you must use the multi-threaded mode.

• In the DCS World settings, you must disable 'VR' -> 'Bloom effect' and 'System' -> 'Lens Effects' as they produced poor visuals when using foveated rendering.

• A bug in DCS World causes bothersome visual glitches when using NVG. You may use Tacca's NVG mod for a more usable experience.

2 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

So updated the pimax firmware and play, updated openxr pimax, downloaded that quad thingy, I got better FPS, but still need to dial it in, but sometimes it appears the foviated rendering craps out, I get "squares within squares" like 3 or 4 squares smaller and inside the larger ones. It lasts for a few seconds. Naturally rather nasty to get in your face as you are flying 100 feet over Paris in a dogfight.

And while I did get better FPS still not great. 60FPS up high, down to 30 over Paris, low over Las Vegas I get 30fps

'Square withing Square" if because you did not follow the instructions. 

The website clearly says to disable Lens Effects in DCS 

https://github.com/mbucchia/Quad-Views-Foveated/wiki#dcs-world

Please people RTFM!!

• Like 3

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

The problem is in fact the TallyMouse tool. It makes „,“ instead of „.“! Only Dots work. I got this Problem a few hours again and solved it by rewrite the Settings file which is created by the Tool!
Oke, going to try to rewrite the setting file later this evening.
Where can i found that setting fille?
Thanks in advanced, i think this is gonna ben the probleem because i changed my language for Viacom :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CPH2399 met Tapatalk