Is DLSS next?

KCOOL

MT has been a good addition, mainly for those with old CPUs. 

I feel DLSS will be even more important for most users, especially in VR.

We know DLSS is coming this year. But do you have any further guidance? Can we expect the 1st DLSS implementation for May's patch?

Best

Edited by KCOOL

7 hours ago, KCOOL said:

MT has been a good addition, mainly for those with old CPUs. 

I feel DLSS will be even more important for most users, especially in VR.

We know DLSS is coming this year. But do you have any further guidance? Can we expect the 1st DLSS implementation for May's patch?

Best

You can expect some blurries with DLSS in VR. It could be visible on MFDs for example. Performance will be better but picture quality not. Check MSFS for example how it works.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have the Civ sim and with DLAA, looks fabulous to me

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I would have though Vulkan likely to be the change more likely to bring improvements to performance but how would I know. 

Anyone else have any idea?

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

16 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

I have the Civ sim and with DLAA, looks fabulous to me

DLAA is very nice. DLSS, it seemed ok until I started trying to seriously learn VFR and navigation. Then I noticed the issues in a big way. 

I think if DLSS and DLAA could be applied in a foveated manner, that would probably be the optimal solution. 

I think DLSS simply won't work with DCS - looking at other flight sims, such as MSFS, all digital cockpit displays become extremely blurry to the point of almost being unusable. This may limit DCS' implementation of DLSS to aircraft with analogue steam guages.

I am using DLAA in favor to DLSS (more blurry) in that civ sim in VR. Also using foveated rendering with the Quest Pro via OpenXR and this saves up to 20% GPU-headroom. Very nice combination and would be nice to have in DCS.

Let's see what ED has in store for us this year!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

I think if DLSS and DLAA could be applied in a foveated manner, that would probably be the optimal solution. 

Exactly. Ideally for VR we would want to specify rings of DLSS modes:

- 25% ring - no DLSS

- 50% ring DLSS quality

- 70% ring DLSS performance

it's probably not feasible though.

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, 32GB RAM, RTX 4090, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gladiator NXT Premium, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10, Joystick Gremlin, OpenKneeboard, VoiceAttack

8 hours ago, GunSlingerOZ said:

I think DLSS simply won't work with DCS - looking at other flight sims, such as MSFS, all digital cockpit displays become extremely blurry to the point of almost being unusable. This may limit DCS' implementation of DLSS to aircraft with analogue steam guages.

Weird, I'm using it in MSFS and don't have that issue. Using an Aero and 4090 so that likely helps. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Not sure if MSFS2020 does something different with their DLSS implementation, but I find the glass cockpit and analog gauges quite easy to read.

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

I think you guys cant extrapolate what happen with DLSS on that another sim to what will happen on DCS, probably is the way the digital screens work on that civ sim what are causing the problems with DLSS and it doesnt have to work the same way on DCS.

I havent see the same behaviour on digital screens on any other game with DLSS so i think its better to wait and see the results

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Spotted on the Normandy 2 launch trailer:

null

image.png

Typical DLSS artifacts!!

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai