BNBOB COOP Mission 4

Hey mate, love your campaigns! I have BNBOB, TBS, BB and WP.

Thoroughly enjoying the The Big Show again after the Normandy update .

However, I'm trying to get my mate into the WW2 stuff and bought him the P51 and BNBOB and I'm trying to get the Mission 4 COOP thing happening and those damn bombers just wont show up. Re-read the mission info and searched for others feedback. We waited at the rendezvous point within the appropriate radius. Went over France via the assigned waypoints and nothing but flak flew up.

Can send .trk if needed but its like the 5th 0r 6th time we've tried this mission for coop and its just not happening.

Yes they are in mine? On that, I am curious as to why you would not be pro-coop in your campaigns, its where they fall short in my opinion and makes good business sense. More ppl would be interested in them if they could play them with a mate or 2 and you would sell more of them. How hard can it be to put a few client planes into each mission separately from the single player campaign? I bought him this campaign for this very reason and to help get him interested in WW2 planes, so I'm a bit disappointed by this.

2 hours ago, 666 said:

Yes they are in mine? On that, I am curious as to why you would not be pro-coop in your campaigns, its where they fall short in my opinion and makes good business sense. More ppl would be interested in them if they could play them with a mate or 2 and you would sell more of them. How hard can it be to put a few client planes into each mission separately from the single player campaign? I bought him this campaign for this very reason and to help get him interested in WW2 planes, so I'm a bit disappointed by this.

It wasn't part of the original deal, and I added them later for the same reasons you listed, but it jsut doesn't work. see here:

• Like 1

Hey mate, I appreciate the time you've taken to respond thus far and I'm sure you're a bit over it all. However, I'd gladly pay more for a MP version to reflect the extra time taken to make it work and your argument doesn't make much sense to me, but it's yours and it is what it is and I'm in no position to prove otherwise (you'd make more money to buy a better rig to make better quality vids to support your side hustle for a start). You are much less likely to get me interested in anymore of your campaigns if there is no MP ability though. Glad I bought the ones I did, but disappointed in this glaring shortfall and short sightedness. 

Cheers thus far though!

It's like trying to turn a wooden triangle into an iron cube. It will never work. You need to make an iron cube from the start. Same with MP vs SP. You can't turn such a complex SP campaign into an MP one. I'm a SP campaign maker. If anyone wants to make MP campaigns, be my guest, but it's not gonna be me. 

• Like 1

Hey mate, I appreciate the time you've taken to respond thus far and I'm sure you're a bit over it all. However, I'd gladly pay more for a MP version to reflect the extra time taken to make it work and your argument doesn't make much sense to me, but it's yours and it is what it is and I'm in no position to prove otherwise (you'd make more money to buy a better rig to make better quality vids to support your side hustle for a start). You are much less likely to get me interested in anymore of your campaigns if there is no MP ability though. Glad I bought the ones I did, but disappointed in this glaring shortfall and short sightedness. 
Cheers thus far though!

Your best option is to put pressure on ED to make the core compatible/designed for MP campaigns in the existing threads.
Reflected tried his best, but the Core is just not designed for it.
We all want it, but you can't blame the campaign makers.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I've restarted BNBOB and I see I can no longer see my location on the F10 map...was this a change thats been enforced on all users? I was in mission 4 SP and no bombers appear, I cant confirm nor deny that I am at the RV point because I cant see where I am on the map and I was not directed to the heavies on channel A as i expected. Is this a choice thats been denied for users of your campaigns going fwd? I did watch your video asking ppl not to override your settings but I'm no Amelia Earhart and have no desire to be such a navigator for a leisure pursuit such as DCS. What gives here pls Reflected?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 12:17 PM, 666 said:

So I've restarted BNBOB and I see I can no longer see my location on the F10 map...was this a change thats been enforced on all users? I was in mission 4 SP and no bombers appear, I cant confirm nor deny that I am at the RV point because I cant see where I am on the map and I was not directed to the heavies on channel A as i expected. Is this a choice thats been denied for users of your campaigns going fwd? I did watch your video asking ppl not to override your settings but I'm no Amelia Earhart and have no desire to be such a navigator for a leisure pursuit such as DCS. What gives here pls Reflected?

BUT Reflected Campaignes are - "as real as it gets". Its VERY ok, there was no GPS in those days, so my approach is the same as Reflected - no facilitation since it wasn't there in this period. There are other creators with a different approach and I don't even touch their campaigns ;). It's supposed to be realistic and I like that.

BUT dont worry. Do you know kneeborad option in DCS? You can use it and you can use even Mark Point option. It's a kind of cheat, but it's the answer to situations like this. Check it.

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Each to their own YoYo, however it doesnt make good business sense to isolate your business from a large segment of a market by insisting that paying customers must fly exactly as the designer intended when there are other options, just because he deems it so! I find it arrogant, narrowminded and short sighted. Reflected makes enjoyable single player campaigns, but I would not want him managing a business of mine. I might buy another campaign or 2 of his in the future if theres no other alternatives, but they are no longer "insta-buys" for me.

2 hours ago, 666 said:

Each to their own YoYo, however it doesnt make good business sense to isolate your business from a large segment of a market by insisting that paying customers must fly exactly as the designer intended when there are other options, just because he deems it so! I find it arrogant, narrowminded and short sighted. Reflected makes enjoyable single player campaigns, but I would not want him managing a business of mine. I might buy another campaign or 2 of his in the future if theres no other alternatives, but they are no longer "insta-buys" for me.

Arrogant? Narrow minded?! Dude. Seriously?

For the 927562836th time: complex missions such as my campaigns CANNOT be turned into MP/ COOP easily/at all. Tried it, failed. MP missions have to be built as such from the start.

Therefore, I COULD spend a year building a MP campaign from scratch, but I, a free man, DON'T WANT TO make MP missions. Like I don't want to design helicopter modules or maps either. It's not my area of expertise. I'm a friggin SP content creator. I make whatever I want to, and you - as another free man - decide whether it's something you like or not. Nobody is 'insisting' on anything.

If it's such a huge business opportunity why don't you make one?

It's like complaining that Luigi's Pizzas doesn't sell Hamburgers, even though it would be a golden business opportunity. It's a Pizzeria for crying out loud...

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, 666 said:

I find it arrogant, narrowminded and short sighted.

Insulting developers for no reason is a big no-no … you’ve earned a place on my ignore list as I wish no contact with your kind of user. 🤨

• Like 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

How ironic! Pretty poor choice of descriptions. Maybe you ought to have a look in the mirror?
You have been explained in kind words why some features, due to the core, don't work, and why some have been disabled to give us users a better and more realistic experience.
You might want to subscribe to other campaign makers to see how they do stuff, and how frustrating it's for them too, when core breaks.
Reflected has also been totally transparent and up front in regards to how he designs his missions.
He even makes historical relevant liveries for crying out loud.

Back in the days...
Customer: There's no AC in the car?
Ferrari dealer: Yes, that is correct.
C: No car stereo?
FD: You will not be able to hear it anyway.
C: The door handle is just a piece of string?
FD: That's intended. It's supposed to be light.
C: The windows don't swivel down?
FD: You don't want a storm inside, do you? It seems that you actually want a luxury car and not a super car. Mercedes is two miles down the road.
Have a good day!

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 666 said:

Each to their own YoYo, however it doesnt make good business sense

When you've created your first campaign you can talk about the business sense of it.

10 hours ago, 666 said:

to isolate your business from a large segment of a market

I know...like those short-sighted Porsche engineers only making Porsches and not Ferraris too.

10 hours ago, 666 said:

by insisting that paying customers must fly exactly as the designer intended when there are other options,

Again, when you make your first SP campaign you can come on here and talk about "options"

10 hours ago, 666 said:

just because he deems it so!

How dare someone who's spending hundreds of hours building something that due to the framework of the sim can only be utilized in a given fashion deem that it will only  be used in that given fashion.

10 hours ago, 666 said:

I find it arrogant, narrowminded and short sighted.

Unintentionally ironic post of the year.

10 hours ago, 666 said:

Reflected makes enjoyable single player campaigns,

Yes he does...you should have stopped your typing there.

10 hours ago, 666 said:

but I would not want him managing a business of mine.

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

10 hours ago, 666 said:

I might buy another campaign or 2 of his in the future if theres no other alternatives, but they are no longer "insta-buys" for me.

I'm sure he'll be up at night worrying.

Edited by Gambit21
  • Like 5

Reflected, I meant you no offense though I wont apologise for expressing my opinion, I have enjoyed the campaigns I have bought thus far.

As for the sycophantic fanbases fanfare, your comments are irrelevant and dont even register. 

Further more, I have no need nor desire to try and scrape extra income by spending 100's of hours making campaigns that sell for chump change, the reward/effort ratio would be far too low I imagine. I have no need for such a pursuit, I've worked in the mining industry for most of my adult life and have made a lot of money in that time and own everything that I have. However, I have been busy in my spare time designing, developing and validating my own trading system using a Broker platform, of which I'm happy to share its progress to date.

So this is traded out of sample and although I have not taken these trades with my own money at this point, the results are indicative as if they were. It trades on the ASX 200 starting from the 1/1/2023 on Norgate data until 8/6/23. The results on the left are the Long trade results and at this time I was wondering if I could avoid the drawdown indicated in the middle by the Underwater Equity graph by trading Short during that time. The results on the right represent my Short trade results for the 2 month market decline. So including the drawdown that I wanted to avoid I would be up roughly 35% this year. So if I threw $1,000,000 into this system I would be about $350K up this year. Why dont I you may ask? because I need to do this from within a business to avoid the CGT and thats what I am working towards doing.  

So Gambit21 hows my business idea? Any advice?

Have a nice day gents.

asx.jpg