The good and bad with todays patch

Hotdognz

Had a go with it just now - I find the hit rate of the radar HFs to be quite erratic whether LOBL or LOAL. For now, the Ks are far more reliable. 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
TM Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home x64 | 
My HOTAS Profiles

vor 11 Minuten schrieb GrEaSeLiTeNiN:

Had a go with it just now - I find the hit rate of the radar HFs to be quite erratic whether LOBL or LOAL. For now, the Ks are far more reliable. 

It would be interesting in what scenarios you use the RF to come to this conclusion, my experience is that the RF is quite reliable.

Also, you can see that in the video here well the RF works very reliably.

• Like 1

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Hobel:

It would be interesting in what scenarios you use the RF to come to this conclusion, my experience is that the RF is quite reliable.

Also, you can see that in the video here well the RF works very reliably.

couldnt agree more, my observation with the RF hellfire simply is, dont use george since he will mess things up, if you use them yourself ( fly around, let george spot then hop to the front and fire) they basicly have a 100% hit rate

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 4:58 PM, Hobel said:

Flew as CPG with unlimited Limas in manual mode to test against multiple targets near or next to each other in Normandy 2, using active pause hover with LOAL and LOBL. Might be the many houses and trees obstructing? though TADS had a clear view. Having better success in less cluttered South Atlantic with LOBL. I would say the K is more certain of 100% hits. I've had the L hit another target just next to the one I lased and acquired target data for, on a few occasions. With buildings, I find it could hit way off quite often (due to ground clutter?). If the L is seeking a target with its radar based off target data from the TADS/laser (which I understand could be off by several meters?), would it not on occasion hit something else? I mean it is not as certain to hit as an active laser constantly guiding the K. 

Update: As expected - How the Lima Works (CasmoTV)

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
TM Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home x64 | 
My HOTAS Profiles

21 hours ago, dedlike. said:

the missiles are fine, george is not

This is the answer. If you have the TADS video up and watch him laze, he isn't even close sometimes and it gives the missile inaccurate target data. If I jump in the front seat and give the target a solid laze, the Limas are hitting every time. Of course that always comes with the high risk of George crashing. 

So to reaffirm your statement; the missiles are good, George sucks. 

Edited by TheoreticalApex

On 5/18/2023 at 10:38 AM, wired521 said:

Cool - love the updates to SCAS (and the FM in general). Thanks guys!

I think the low and slow maneuvering is still sloppy, I feel like I'm in a boat, It's a little less wonky than before but needs more help. It does fly better in general and doesn't go nuts when you go over 100kt as if you've suddenly flown into a hurricane. 

I think I'll concentrate on the front seat for a while while they sort the FM out. The soon-to-be radar hellfires look fun!

On 5/18/2023 at 3:03 PM, Hotdognz said:

The new FM is lovely she is a joy to fly again, George can hold a hover, and we got 1200 rounds of ammo.

The bad the IAT Auto bug is a really bad bug to slip though testing, there will be a lot of players who wont even see the fix for this so the TADS works and will just consider the Apache broken, one you know what to do than its back to normal.

How do you get 1200 rounds of ammo? Where is the internal aux fuel tank option? Can't figure to save my life.

11 minutes ago, Airmage said:

How do you get 1200 rounds of ammo? Where is the internal aux fuel tank option? Can't figure to save my life.

I think it's default but you can play with it, they are on the armament screen. If you add the Robbie tank you get 300 rounds if you don't you get 1200 rounds. I just did a quick look so If I'm wrong .....

1 hour ago, snakeTW said:

I thought it was the LST to off, not the IAT

The LST needs to be set to OFF

image.png

19 minutes ago, Airmage said:

Add or remove the aux fuel tank on the rearm/refuel screen

image.png

Came to the forums because of the LST auto scan issue, glad to see it's already sorted and reported, and a workaround explained. Was doing a Liberation Campaign mission, and had to abort mission as I couldn't figure it out. I figured there was probably a switch to engage/disengage that, but didn't find it.

Great community as always.

In addition to the inconsistent behavior of the 114L Hellfires (as noted in other threads), I am seeing a few desync issues in multi-crew that had improved or been fixed, have once again crept back in.

For example, when IAT was first introduced the LOS reticle and what the PLT saw in the TADS video feed were different from what the CPG was doing.  This was then fixed in a later patch, and is now back again.

I am also getting the "NOE" issue where when George (or a human CPG) turns on the laser from the front seat, it will turn on NOE for the PLT in the back seat.  This never used to happen with George in the front, but may be cropping up with him now too since you have to swap to the front seat and back again to turn off LST.

The IAT desync is particularly frustrating as it appears to me in the back like my CPG is looking somewhere else and engaging the wrong targets.  😞