Static fortifications and utilities for SAM-Sites

twistking

We desperately need more objects for SAM-Sites, both fortifications (command bunkers, prefabricated concrete berms and walls, improvised dirt berms, prefabricated raised positions for radar, or improvised raised positions).
Additionaly more static utilities to give the bigger SAMs a larger visual foodprint and generally a more realistic appearance...

Ideally we would also have placeable ground decals with tiremarks and "roughed up" ground to make those sites of activity look more realistic when placed on otherwise pristine grassland/fields...

• Like 6

True. At some point there was a 3rd party dedicated to make in-depth detailed SAM simulation for DCS, but it looks like they resigned. I don't remember it was some official statement though.

Anyway proper human-controlled e.g. Soviet SAM modeled in detailed way and Wild Weasels duel would be a great experience in DCS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twistking said:

e desperately need more objects for SAM-Sites ...

While ED works to fulfill this wish, in the meantime I employ this really nice user mod:

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 5/20/2023 at 1:27 PM, twistking said:

We desperately need more objects for SAM-Sites, both fortifications (command bunkers, prefabricated concrete berms and walls, improvised dirt berms, prefabricated raised positions for radar, or improvised raised positions).
Additionaly more static utilities to give the bigger SAMs a larger visual foodprint and generally a more realistic appearance...

Ideally we would also have placeable ground decals with tiremarks and "roughed up" ground to make those sites of activity look more realistic when placed on otherwise pristine grassland/fields...

I'd be happy with ED maps being updated to just include these positions directly into the map for the real world positions... or the ability to draw fences and berms using the draw tool with segments or similar.  Same with roads.

But really, there needs to be more stuff like the SAM Site Asset Pack to make it a reality.  It'd be nice if they'd focus on the known SAM emplacement types... like a dedicated SA-2 "Star" or those SA-5 berms, bunkers, and elevated radar positions.

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

On 5/20/2023 at 9:41 PM, Rudel_chw said:

While ED works to fulfill this wish, in the meantime I employ this really nice user mod: [...]

That mod looks very nice indeed, but i'm very hesitant about mods, since i make my mission for MP and try to be as "clean" as possible.
I think if ED would only build  a fraction of what this mod offers, it would already be enough for most occasions...

Edited by twistking

28 minutes ago, twistking said:

but i'm very hesitant about mods, since i make my mission for MP and try to be as "clean" as possible.

I completely understand, I use that Mod mostly on my own single player missions, where I don't have to worry about other players.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB