SU-30MKI

dueydrew

1 hour ago, Skyhammer said:

the possibility for a "modern" Redfor jet is (sadly) pretty much zero..they will be existing only as mods 😞

Thanks for the reply, I understand that Russian laws will not allow more modern Russian hardware, but this is an export version of the Su-30. How about an AI version?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dueydrew said:

Thanks for the reply, I understand that Russian laws will not allow more modern Russian hardware, but this is an export version of the Su-30. How about an AI version?

It has to be a third party and they need to collect the documentation to do a Su-30.

AI shouldn’t be impossible. I could get useful stuff to make it happen.

• Like 1

No, even far earlier 1985 USSR Su-27S is impossible to bo modeled as full fidelity right now. Chinese developer Deka Ironwork Simulations stated they can't make it as well witout risking jail. ED tried to make 1983 USSR MiG-29 9.12, but they were forced to withdrawn.

1970s/1980s Soviet MiG-23MLA and Su-17M will probably be made in the future - this are the most recent Soviet aircrafts planned for now.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb bies:

No, even far earlier 1985 USSR Su-27S is impossible to bo modeled as full fidelity right now. Chinese developer Deka Ironwork Simulations stated they can't make it as well witout risking jail. ED tried to make 1983 USSR MiG-29 9.12, but they were forced to withdrawn.

1970s/1980s Soviet MiG-23MLA and Su-17M will probably be made in the future - this are the most recent Soviet aircrafts planned for now.

then i wonder how they managed to do a FC3 Su33 that is literally from 1993/94

5 hours ago, Skyhammer said:

First it's low fidelity simplified FC3 aircraft, it doesn't model any real life avionics limitations, radar submodes, datalink operations and limitations etc. - this way it doesn't reveal anything sensitive, anything of any value to potential adversaries.

Second - it's 90% just FC3 Su-27S with few changes. This Su-33 was modeled already 20 years ago in LO:MAC, FC3 far predecesssor, in very similar way.

Edited by bies
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Skyhammer said:

FC3 aircraft are far from anything called "fidelity"

• Like 3

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

16 hours ago, 5ephir0th said:

FC3 aircraft are far from anything called "fidelity"

But they still have PFM, so it's more than enough if you're interested in flying and combat.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 5/27/2023 at 10:54 AM, Mike_Romeo said:

Deka Ironworks (JF-17, J-11A) is maybe doing it.

No. What you've posted is 2 years old speculation and 2 years old posts from 2021.

Later on Deka Ironworks stated they won't be alble to make it or obtain documantation and they would risk jail trying. And they wasnt to make some Chinese aircraft, not Russian license built one. After that they announced they've chosen Chinese J-8II fighter.

Edited by bies
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 8:01 PM, dueydrew said:

An ai version might be possible. I don't know if we have enough info 

On 5/28/2023 at 7:19 AM, bies said:

No. What you've posted is 2 years old speculation and 2 years old posts from 2021.

Later on Deka Ironworks stated they won't be alble to make it or obtain documantation and they would risk jail trying. And they wasnt to make some Chinese aircraft, not Russian license built one. After that they announced they've chosen Chinese J-8II fighter.

The j-8 we're getting is a proposed export version with wester avionics. This is why I think ED really needs to focus on cold war modules and improve mod support for multi player. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

An ai version might be possible. I don't know if we have enough info 

There is an old IAF desktop simulator online. The public version has no avionics but it should be enough for an AI version.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 8:19 AM, bies said:

Just a note,
Half of the DCS Aircraft released in the last 2 years, were started or mentioned to be early development 10 years ago.

F-15E was started about 10 years ago as well.

So 2 years old in DCS Timeline really is not "Old"

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

On 5/28/2023 at 2:19 PM, bies said:

Later on Deka Ironworks stated they won't be alble to make it or obtain documantation and they would risk jail trying.

I think this was not stated in words but in a sinmple image reply. Later people quoted this as clear statement by DEKA.