Strafe Selectable by HOTAS

afbl

The strafe submode should be selectable via HOTAS with a long press of the Uncage button with any other weapon selected in the AG master mode. This performance exists in the actual jet and allows for a much easier and quicker way to get strafe called up.

• Like 2

AFAIK, HOTAS for Strafe (STRF) is a OFP M5.1+ update, which this versions of the USAF F-16C block 50 would not get until 2010 or later. Our DCS versions is a USAF 2007 version with OFP M4.2+.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Strafe is in the missle step rotary with CCIP CCRP DTOS which I thought was an error but it's correct for some version of the F-16. I'm sure that the unacge long press was a later replacement for that. I think our version is after having to manually select it but before the long press.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Reading Hasard Lee‘s book „the art of clear thinking“, he mentions the existence of a Throttle button to enter A-G gun strafe mode

This function is currently not implemented i assume?

dunno if quoting it is allowed so i‘ll hold off on it for now

Edited by _SteelFalcon_

• 2 months later...
On 5/26/2023 at 12:09 AM, VarZat said:

I believe this is a long press of the UNCAGE switch, but its not implemented in the DCS F-16

Yeah uncage (long) does it in that other similar bird. Is it specific to only certain F-16s?   

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

I also know about that function.  Would be nice if someone could verify that our DCS F16 does not have it. Because it is a super handy feature.

Edit: The thread got a "planned" tag now. Thanks for adding that feature!

Edited by darkman222
  • Like 5

• 7 months later...
vor einer Stunde schrieb skywalker22:

"AFAIK, HOTAS for Strafe (STRF) is a OFP M5.1+ update, which this versions of the USAF F-16C block 50 would not get until 2010 or later. Our DCS versions is a USAF 2007 version roughly M4.2+."

Even block a/b from 1998 already had this function

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hobel said:

On Uncage switch?

I would also LOVE to have that "shortcut", because I remember how many times I panicked, when I needed guns instantly, and was clicking like a madman on the MFD, and many times I couldn't clicked the correct button in that short period of time.

vor 56 Minuten schrieb skywalker22:

On Uncage switch?

I would also LOVE to have that "shortcut", because I remember how many times I panicked, when I needed guns instantly, and was clicking like a madman on the MFD, and many times I couldn't clicked the correct button in that short period of time.

For A/B  is it MSL step

• Like 1

I don't think ED will budge on this if they believe it is not in their F16 modelled. But perhaps as an option under Special options?
Or is it possible for someone to mod this?

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

On 4/3/2024 at 5:58 PM, Hobel said:

Even if so, it seems like it was removed in the C, and only added back much later on, bound to a different button. I would expect that with the introduction of avionics, strafing wasn't anticipated to remain an important mode of attack.