TCS dude

Joe1978

Perhaps it is a stupid question or it has already been formulated, but could someone please explain to me how the TCS works?

I've read the manual but I think I'm doing something wrong: In most missions, the TCS doesn't seem to work and in the RIO seat, everything seems to be set up properly. I have even waited more than 5 minutes for the system to warm up, but still I do not get images.

In the pilot's position, even when starting a mission with the plane already in the air, I almost always have a black screen and TV is NOT selected in the TID.

I don't know what I can be doing wrong

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

32 minutes ago, Joe1978 said:

Perhaps it is a stupid question or it has already been formulated, but could someone please explain to me how the TCS works?

I've read the manual but I think I'm doing something wrong: In most missions, the TCS doesn't seem to work and in the RIO seat, everything seems to be set up properly. I have even waited more than 5 minutes for the system to warm up, but still I do not get images.

In the pilot's position, even when starting a mission with the plane already in the air, I almost always have a black screen and TV is NOT selected in the TID.

I don't know what I can be doing wrong

A track replay would help, so we can see what yo're doing and what happens.

Otherwise we have to work through this step by strep:
Let's start at the beginning: Have you turned it on? If so how?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thank you

Tonight I will post a mission to see if we can find the bug.

This is the procedure I use:

1º System on (IR/TV power switch ON)
2º I wait a few minutes (system heating)
3º TCS mode: Auto
4º SLAVE switch: TCS

For missions already started, the controls are already configured like this.

TID mode: Attack: my pilot should have video.

TV: Only RIO should have video signal  

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

2 hours ago, Joe1978 said:

TV has to be selected in front for the pilot to see.

Was the problem in PG map? Try other map.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

hace 2 minutos, draconus dijo:

TV has to be selected in front for the pilot to see.

Was the problem in PG map? Try other map.

Yep, I select (in the pilot seat) "TV" in the VDI but I have a black screen with green symbols.

I forgot to mention that this problem is random.

4 minutes ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

In current MT someime the TCS for the Pilot does not work , at least in VR that is. I did not found a pattern yet, but it is hit or miss if I get a TCS picture in the front seat. Most of the time it is there though.

Does it work for you in the PG map?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

hace 5 minutos, Lt_Jaeger dijo:

In current MT someime the TCS for the Pilot does not work , at least in VR that is. I did not found a pattern yet, but it is hit or miss if I get a TCS picture in the front seat. Most of the time it is there though.

It´s my case MT in VR 

hace 1 minuto, draconus dijo:

Does it work for you in the PG map?

Most of the time I fly in Syria and Iran and the pattern is the same. 

hace 1 hora, draconus dijo:

It's tagged as DCS issue by HB:

Thanks Draconus, Sorry, I duplicated the thread.

A quick workaround that has worked for me is that once I load into a mission, I test it.  If it doesn't work I quit and press fly again in the mission recap.

Edited by PD919

En 4/6/2023 a las 14:31, PD919 dijo:

A quick workaround that has worked for me is that once I load into a mission, I test it.  If it doesn't work I quit and press fly again in the mission recap.

it seems to work in some missions but in others, it has been impossible.