DCS Newsletter discussion 2nd June 2023 - MiG-17F Announcement | Radar Development Report | UH-1H Last Show Campaign

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

DCS Newsletter discussion 2nd June 2023 - MiG-17F Announcement | Radar Development Report | UH-1H Last Show Campaign

Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends,:pilotfly: 

We are excited to announce the newest addition to the DCS family - the legendary MiG-17F by Red Star Simulations! Check out the details below and get ready to take control of an aviation history icon. Development Screenshots.

We would like to update you on the improvements coming soon to the F-16C and F/A-18C radars, notably realistic target detection and tracking in various operation modes. Phase 1 of this update incorporates more detailed and realistic modeling of the radar waveform that better accounts for reasonable detection range ratios between HPRF and MPRF modes. The model also has an adjustable speedgate option to select the width of the main-beam clutter notch filter, helping to reject or show unwanted targets. Please, note that this will be the initial release of the new radar model, and development will continue in future phases. 

SorelRo is launching their latest campaign, DCS: UH-1H The Last Show that promises an adventurous helicopter storyline. Stay tuned for the next Open Beta update!

Thank you for your passion and support.

Yours sincerely, 

Eagle Dynamics

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is one of the best updates in a while! MiG-17 is a day 1 buy for me, because I can see that so much has gone into this module by the Red Star team. While I personally have zero value for an Air Force F-4E without any carrier capabilities, I sure don't mind blowing them out of the sky!

The Huey campaign looks interesting and I hope it takes advantage of the Caucaus map. Looking forward to it all.

• Like 2

Oooh, the Fresco! So happy to see this one progressing to official status 😄

Soon we'll have almost all of OKB MiG's line, from the -15 all the way up to the -29! (only -27 and -25 are still missing)

• Like 1

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

It's always good to read the fresh friday newsletters. But IMHO it would be nice to have them more structured by different topics like:

• aircraft module specific news
  • map specific news
  • campaign specific news
  • sales news
  • other server news
  • core system / other module-independent subsystem specific news

Now the last one is really missing for me, it would be advisable to have at least once a month (1 of each 4 newsletters) some status report about the ongoing core development (MT, VR optimization, DLSS, Vulkan). Last time the module independent subsystem topic was the report on the voice chat, more than a month ago (28th April newsletter).

• Like 2
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Volator said:

So great to see news about the Red Star MiG-17F.

Unfortunately no dedicated forum for that one yet. I hope they include the East German modifications to the -17F to use it as a fighter-bomber:

MiG-17F_346.jpg

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/1169-red-star-simulations/

just been added 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sweet, it'll be fun to just lie in the grass and try to get a drop on the Phantoms in that MiG-17. 🙂 That thing was a dogfighting monster, if you can bait an F-15 into a turn fight below 450kts you'll have it dead to rights in a couple of turns if he doesn't wise up and go vertical. You could even give a Viper a run for its money, assuming a guns or tail chase heaters only fight.

Edited by Dragon1-1

Good to see more Red force plane now the MIG pilot career campaign has fewer holes...

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

• BIGNEWY unpinned this topic