VR MT performance

Baltic Pirate

After a few months of real world flying, I've been testing the MT flying VR with Reverb G2. So I was wondering what kind of FPS are you getting on your gear. I am consistent 63 to 68 FPS flying free flight or simple missions. Seems to be the same on AH64, Mil24 and F16. Previously CPU bottlenecked, but now I am GPU bound with a 24GB RTX 3090.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, if somebody could help me out with this it would be awesome. I just built a system specifically for DCS and I've been getting nothing but Jitters in VR extremely laggy. I've got a AMD 7900 xtx, a 7900 3dx, 64 gig of ddr5 and I'm still can't play in vr without significant jitters. And before you ask no my settings are not maxed out. I could hardly read the displays in my cockpit. Yes I'm playing the open beta.

NZXT B650 / 7900xtx / 7900x3D / 64 DDR5 / Samsung 980 2T / Fracture North / WinWing Orion2 MAX HOTAS / Logotech Rudder / HP G2 VR

1 hour ago, Cowboy7 said:

Man, if somebody could help me out with this it would be awesome. I just built a system specifically for DCS and I've been getting nothing but Jitters in VR extremely laggy. I've got a AMD 7900 xtx, a 7900 3dx, 64 gig of ddr5 and I'm still can't play in vr without significant jitters. And before you ask no my settings are not maxed out. I could hardly read the displays in my cockpit. Yes I'm playing the open beta.

Can you post your settings? It's impossible to spot your issue with no info.

On 7/3/2023 at 2:48 AM, fredclan said:

turn off HAGS?

Cowbow7 has an AMD system, as such there is no such thing as HAGS. You can only enable it through registry-hacks.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I would recommend going through Thuds rig tuning. Rig tuning comes first. 

https://vr4dcs.com/

• Thanks 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

• 2 weeks later...

May want to turn them shadows off or flat and definitely turn the clouds to low.  The clouds I have played with over and over and can't tell a difference in visual quality but for sure see a difference in FPS.

• Like 1

I have noticed that my Reverb G2s have more sttutering when I run the MT .exe  than when I run the standard beta version. I run both versions in OpenXR mode, the first brings it natively and the second I force it with Opencomposite. 

When I refer to sttutering, I mean when I turn my head in the cabin, looking at the buttons, they move with little smoothness creating an annoying effect. This does not happen to me if I use the normal .exe (DCS.exe). I have no idea what it is for.
I have an X570 chipset, AMD Rayzen 7 5800X and an RTX3090 with 24 gigabytes.

8 hours ago, Silver_ said:

I have noticed that my Reverb G2s have more sttutering when I run the MT .exe  than when I run the standard beta version. I run both versions in OpenXR mode, the first brings it natively and the second I force it with Opencomposite. 

When I refer to sttutering, I mean when I turn my head in the cabin, looking at the buttons, they move with little smoothness creating an annoying effect. This does not happen to me if I use the normal .exe (DCS.exe). I have no idea what it is for.
I have an X570 chipset, AMD Rayzen 7 5800X and an RTX3090 with 24 gigabytes.

You could be going from close to 1/2 of the refreshrate around 45-55FPS to area of dropped frames 60-90FPS 

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2023 at 8:24 PM, Burt said:

I would recommend going through Thuds rig tuning. Rig tuning comes first. 

https://vr4dcs.com/

I have done that and also used speed of the heat settings. Combo has worked exceedingly well.

On 6/3/2023 at 2:41 PM, Baltic Pirate said:

After a few months of real world flying, I've been testing the MT flying VR with Reverb G2. So I was wondering what kind of FPS are you getting on your gear. I am consistent 63 to 68 FPS flying free flight or simple missions. Seems to be the same on AH64, Mil24 and F16. Previously CPU bottlenecked, but now I am GPU bound with a 24GB RTX 3090.

Well. I changed to a 4090.  FPS, jumped up, jittering has reduced considerably and disappeared altogether on certain maps. Not given multiplayer a go yet. MT with 4090 improves performance considerably.  So from 63-68 I'm now getting up to 80-90fps on the same mission.

• Like 1