Egyptian liveries

Kerbo 416

49 minutes ago, Kerbo 416 said:

Should be uploaded soon only missing the extras like the dust cover.

Looking forward to employing it on my missions, and thank you so much for doing all this work and sharing it with the community 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I just downloaded several of your liveries last night. Nice work! If you're taking requests to fill out the Egyptian Air Force we could also use the IL-76, C-130, E-2, and CH-47 liveries. Maybe an AN-26 livery to stand in for the C-295 too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lt.Turbo said:

I just downloaded several of your liveries last night. Nice work! If you're taking requests to fill out the Egyptian Air Force we could also use the IL-76, C-130, E-2, and CH-47 liveries. Maybe an AN-26 livery to stand in for the C-295 too.

Added to the list

Egyptian Spitfire Has been uploaded, you can find it here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3331343/

As usual, features custom weathering and Roughmets

NpHDoTeh.png
NOGTIN8h.png
IvQeyjHh.png
ui5jGTzh.png
IoFvfxrh.png
3f14i9rh.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Looking forward to employing it on my missions, and thank you so much for doing all this work and sharing it with the community 👍

Gazelle has been completed: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3331358/

22 hours ago, Lt.Turbo said:

IL-76 has been completed https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3331359/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Kerbo 416 said:

Thank you so much, I will try it out tonight 🙏

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Wow, thanks! Pls think about Mosquito too (IAF maybe?).

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 6/12/2023 at 9:13 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Thank you so much, I will try it out tonight 🙏

Great livery, loved the subtle weathering, thanks a lot for sharing. I've just a small suggestion for it: it has the same name as a prior livery, like this:

sFmc3rx.jpg

Of course, I could simply delete the older livery (its this one: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305869/ ) .. but even if it isn't as neat as yours, I could still use it for background helos to have some variation and avoid a clones line-up  🙂

Any chance you could rename it a bit? .. for example "Egytpian AF (by Kerbo 416)" ... this way you get a unique name and those who use it have an easy way to know who is its author (It's also on the description.lua but most usesr won't know that).

Also, I'd like if this livery didn't appear on the list when I'm adding another country's Gazelle .. it has no use on a French Gazelle for example .. so I wonder if you could add a countries statement to the description.lua, setting the livery as belonging to Egypt.

Of course I can do these edits to the description.lua myself, but if I use the edited Livery on one of my missions and then I share it on user files, the helo won't show the correct livery on other people's computers.

Thanks a lot again, and Cheers!

Eduardo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Great livery, loved the subtle weathering, thanks a lot for sharing. I've just a small suggestion for it: it has the same name as a prior livery, like this:

sFmc3rx.jpg

Of course, I could simply delete the older livery (its this one: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305869/ ) .. but even if it isn't as neat as yours, I could still use it for background helos to have some variation and avoid a clones line-up  🙂

Any chance you could rename it a bit? .. for example "Egytpian AF (by Kerbo 416)" ... this way you get a unique name and those who use it have an easy way to know who is its author (It's also on the description.lua but most usesr won't know that).

Also, I'd like if this livery didn't appear on the list when I'm adding another country's Gazelle .. it has no use on a French Gazelle for example .. so I wonder if you could add a countries statement to the description.lua, setting the livery as belonging to Egypt.

Of course I can do these edits to the description.lua myself, but if I use the edited Livery on one of my missions and then I share it on user files, the helo won't show the correct livery on other people's computers.

Thanks a lot again, and Cheers!

Eduardo

The livery you have selected isn't mine 🙂

for the name change, sure can do, though I disable country locking so that the livery can be freely used in multiplayer. I didn't really see it as an issue since the livery could be changed in the ME no?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kerbo 416 said:

really? 🫣 .. will re-check, taking out all others but yours .. 🙂 

22 minutes ago, Kerbo 416 said:

though I disable country locking so that the livery can be freely used in multiplayer. I didn't really see it as an issue since the livery could be changed in the ME no?

Yes, the livery can be changed on the ME, and on the Gazelle isnt really a problem as it has relatively few liveries available, but for other aircrafts I prefer the liveries to be filtered by country to avoid having to select it on an enormous list 🙂

9 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

really? 🫣 .. will re-check, taking out all others but yours .. 🙂 

Yes, the livery can be changed on the ME, and on the Gazelle isnt really a problem as it has relatively few liveries available, but for other aircrafts I prefer the liveries to be filtered by country to avoid having to select it on an enormous list 🙂

The displayed name of the livery can be edited in the description.lua very easily so you are able to customize what name shows up in the mission editor to differentiate them. 

2 minutes ago, Lt.Turbo said:

The displayed name of the livery can be edited in the description.lua very easily so you are able to customize what name shows up in the mission editor to differentiate them. 

Yes, but if I share my mission with other people, they would need my modified livery, the one at User Files would not be recognized by the mission as it has a different name, as the mission editor uses the livery name to ID the livery that each unit uses.

10 hours ago, Kerbo 416 said:

Yes, you were right 😆 .. I renamed the livery and got it right:

bGQq069.jpg

This is why having two liveries with the same name can get confusing 🙂

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, but if I share my mission with other people, they would need my modified livery, the one at User Files would not be recognized by the mission as it has a different name, as the mission editor uses the livery name to ID the livery that each unit uses.

Yes, you were right 😆 .. I renamed the livery and got it right:

bGQq069.jpg

This is why having two liveries with the same name can get confusing 🙂

Best regards,

Eduardo

Will update the name but don't think I will restrict it to a specific country since while it may be an inconvenience to look through long lists, that'll prevent it from showing up at all in multiplayer servers.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kerbo 416 said:

@Rudel_chwthe livery has been updated, here's the new lua so you don't have to redownload the entire livery

description.lua 4.45 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you so much .. I expect to have my first Gazelle mission ready soon, and use your livery on it 👍

• Like 4