F1EE alignment error

LotusDragon

I tried the rapid alignment ALR on the Sinai map. I have the problem sometimes it works correctly and sometimes the alignment stops with an error. The red light UNI is then illuminated. What can be wrong there, or is it a bug?

Could it be a battery problem? I always start the engine first. 

Edited by LotusDragon

To add to this topic, I've also encountered a new ACLM alignment issue:

Since the most recent patch, it appears my alignment process on Enigma's Cold War server is failing in a new unexpected way.

As per the F1 Flight Manual pdf I've been using Mode ALCM -> * button -> Parameter STS ..... watch value reach 720 and Green PRET is displayed. Then move into NAV and release my brakes.

However, it appears now that my alignment ends with a Red UNI light and my Parameter PP then never changes/updates in flight.

I tested 2 aircraft, just to ensure I'd not messed up the startup the first time around. It may be that the ACLM alignment must now be started after something else is finished, but I'm not sure what that change may have been or if this is a bug somehow?

Edit: Just to add that I've previously flown the F1EE a large number of times on ECW server without issue, using ALCM alignment and this startup process, so it's only now that I've encountered an issue or this UNI red light.

My startup process does involve battery -> engine start first, then once the engine stabilises I begin the ALCM alignment. Not sure if a change to this sequence is now needed - I couldn't see anything mentioned in the manual for certain things that are needed to be switched on/performed first/any waiting time that's required before alignment start.

Edited by Hez
added extra info

Hello,

I'm sorry but I'm unable to reproduce either of your bugs. Can you please attach a TRK?

Only comment I can make with the info I have that might be useful is that starting the INS in ALCM in an online server is risky: ALCM means alignment from memorised heading, if that memorised heading is wrong then the alignment is going to be wrong. There is an option in the mission editor to always have the right heading at mission start, if the server owner has turned that option to NO, then there is a high chance ALCM will give a wrong alignment.

For online servers, I would always use ALR (fast alignment). In this case, the gyro warning light (CAP) has to be off before the alignment starts, as the initial heading of the INS alignment in ALR and ALN modes is slaved to the gyros.

Also, @LotusDragon, is your issue occuring in SP or MP?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I could reproduce the error, but now I'm not sure if it is due to some mods. This is with High Digit Sams and also I have modded cargo ships, I am sorry. So maybe you can not replay this trackfile without those mods. I tried it also in a clean mission, but there the alignment was successful.

And thank you for the tip with the gyro alignment, in the past I never waited long enough for this. But in this track file I did it correctly.

F1EE_align_2.trk

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2023 at 7:15 AM, LotusDragon said:

I tried the rapid alignment ALR on the Sinai map. I have the problem sometimes it works correctly and sometimes the alignment stops with an error. The red light UNI is then illuminated. What can be wrong there, or is it a bug?

Could it be a battery problem? I always start the engine first. 

Guys the problem is you are arming during alignment. When you arm during the alignment process the weight of the ordinance being put on your aircraft moves it, (yes just the squatting of the gear under the new weight is enough in game) thus messing up the alignment. Which means you have to do rearming before or after the alignment process.

I noticed the error the first couple of times in ECW and was wondering if the shimmy of putting the 530F on was doing it. Then paid attention during the rearming and lo and behold as soon as weapons got put on the pylons squatting the aircraft the alignment failed.

Edited by CrazyGman
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Findingpastorp said:

Having the same problem on the sinai map in multiplayer, in this track I failed to get an alignment a few times and got the red UNI light and failed to align right when i logged on, maybe this will help shed some light?

Through_The_Inferno_SINAI_v1.0.0-20230620-215431.trk 24.6 MB · 1 download

Were you getting weapons loaded onto your plane at the same time you were doing the alignment?

On 6/21/2023 at 6:29 PM, CrazyGman said:

Were you getting weapons loaded onto your plane at the same time you were doing the alignment?

I betcha this is it.   The only time my alignment failed and i saw the red light OP references was when I was loading weapons.  Notably, repeating the stored heading alignment resulted in another red light.   I had to perform a full alignment to rectify my jet.

Edited by HawkEXO
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 2:29 AM, CrazyGman said:

No, for me this was not the case. I did not get weapons and I got the alignment error, as you can see in my track further up in the post.

A lot of these reports are related to loading weapons during the alignment process but we have identified a problem unrelated to that at least in the Sinai map in MP. My current theory is some sort of MP desync triggering the acceleration detector but we'll have to keep investigating.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm getting the same issue on Caucasus in MP (blueflag80s).  Its definitely not related to rearming during the alignment, because I'm always careful about that.  I've done hundreds of cold starts, but now I'm having alignment issues that I cannot understand.  Same procedure as always.  I'll try to get a track uploaded next time it happens.

Hi, same for me, and it's impossible to reset the UNI warning. Fully shut down the F1, then clean startup (parking brake set, waiting about 2 minutes for gyro alignement etc..), the UNI warning light comes at the end of the alignement. Also tried the automatic start sequence with same result (first ALCM with UNI warning, then shut down, 5 minutes cold and dark, then auto start seq) . I had it with ALCM, ALR and with ALN too...

On 8/25/2023 at 10:47 PM, HawkEXO said:

I'm getting the same issue on Caucasus in MP (blueflag80s).  Its definitely not related to rearming during the alignment, because I'm always careful about that.  I've done hundreds of cold starts, but now I'm having alignment issues that I cannot understand.  Same procedure as always.  I'll try to get a track uploaded next time it happens.

I'd see errors on servers running the main DCS thread at 100% CPU core usage, in this case, the server can't process in real time and sometimes the plane is moving when it must to be static (some people thinks that is a netcode problem when in reality is a server issue)