WSO Hotas Warthog modifiers?

Go to solution Solved by Home Fries,

Hi all

Is there any way to bind both WSO left & right hand controllers using a single warthog joystick + a warthog throttle key as a modifier?

For example: switch in PATH position and the joystick works as a WSO right hand controller. Switch in ALT position and the joy acts as a WSO left hand controller

Thanks and regards

• Solution

I have mine set to the boat switch, where BSF is the right controller and BSB is the left controller.  Just assign those buttons as modifiers for the WSO (you want them to be regular buttons for the pilot) and you can use the same buttons as the front seat for either selected.

The only catch is that for common functions (F1-F10, eject, the UFC if you have that mapped) need to be mapped to the same keys with the modifiers as well.  Otherwise, they won't work when you have one of the modifiers enabled.

Edited by Home Fries
clarification
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 11:09 AM, Caldero said:

Hi all

Is there any way to bind both WSO left & right hand controllers using a single warthog joystick + a warthog throttle key as a modifier?

For example: switch in PATH position and the joystick works as a WSO right hand controller. Switch in ALT position and the joy acts as a WSO left hand controller

Thanks and regards

This is actually not needed as Razbam included two commans to act as a switch between controling the right and left WSO hand controlers. One works as a toggle and the other as a Held type modifier. To use it you map the controls to only the left or right hand controller and then use your prefered switch mode to control the unmapped Hand Controller.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Standard warthog hotas. I thought of using a switch but stuck to using a modifier. I use a modifier for the HA/FA trigger, Laser Fire, TDC depress, and Coolie/TDC. Other than that the controller functions are separate between stick and throttle. About the TDC/Coolie: On RHC I use Coolie with modifier under TDC (black dome hat on stick). For the LHC on the throttle, I had to put it in reverse - TDC in modifier under the Coolie, so that I could use the corresponding LHC HA which was in a modifier layer.   

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
TM Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home x64 | 
My HOTAS Profiles

On 7/9/2023 at 5:53 PM, lxsapper said:

This is actually not needed as Razbam included two commans to act as a switch between controling the right and left WSO hand controlers. One works as a toggle and the other as a Held type modifier. To use it you map the controls to only the left or right hand controller and then use your prefered switch mode to control the unmapped Hand Controller.

This! @Caldero

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2023 at 4:53 PM, lxsapper said:

Finally, after setting my buttons about 800 times with modifiers, switches, xbox controllers I finally came across this post and have now actually got something that works.. For anyone struggling the binds referred to are called Set Hand Controller Swap, and Toggle Hand Controller swap. They are not alphabetical so don't come up adjacent to each other, they are also in the HOTAS category. but do not appear in either of the hand controller menus. Sometimes you just gotta love the way DCS does stuff... It might be in the manual but I can never remember the really long pathway into the core files for the manual.... so yeah...RTFM...

There are one or two YT videos showing modifiers which I can honestly say I tried many, many combinations and they just don't work. Seem very buggy and conflicting unless you hold a button down.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mav87th said:

Using an X-box controller for the WSO handcontrollers here. Using the big X button to switch Left / Right and the small triggers on either side as midifiers - works like a charm 😄

Assuming you have to press the modifier along with any other button, and keep it held. This will work but the tutorials show using an always on switch as a modifier state, which does not work. Or might for a bit then not. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ixsapper

You stated: This is actually not needed as Razbam included two commans to act as a switch between controling the right and left WSO hand controlers. One works as a toggle and the other as a Held type modifier. To use it you map the controls to only the left or right hand controller and then use your prefered switch mode to control the unmapped Hand Controller.

I am a little confused on how to implement this.  I use my joystick for the left and right WSO stick and the regular WSO joystick using the WH throttle base for autopilot (up is right stick, down is left stick and middle is the regular joystick commands.   So how does this work for all 3 sticks?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

as i understand it, and how it does work on my X-box controller. I'm using the controller as the Right Hand controller, now with Toggle function i press the "X-box button" once and then the whole controller works as the say Left Hand controller. Then i press it again and now it works as the Right Hand controller. 

With the Held type modifier, I need to press and hold the "X-box button" all the time to get Left Hand controller functions out of the X-box controller. It's not "artificially held".

I am using the toggle function and does not have to hold the "X-box button" all the time. I then have OTHER modifiers to have all of one handcontrollers functions at once.

If it does not make sense i will have to make a drawing 😄

I get it now.  Thanks.  For the time being, I think I will stick with using my WH throttle panel 3 way toggle. 

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Learn how to use TARGET... You have IN/OUT mode on S3 stick button, which can be toggled (stays that way till you press it again) or un-toggled, which means you need to hold it. On the throttle the UP/MIDDLE/DOWN Boat switch I leave un toggled  because I don't need to hold the switch forward or back, OUT & MIDDLE are your default normal conditions. However many different U/M/D - I/O variations you need is entirely up to you. 

Sempre Fortis