Too slow, cant get past M1.3 at FL40k

MarkP

Hi,

im not sure if its an error on my end.. But the Jet seems to be too slow? I tried it now several times and after 2 Minutes of beeing straight and level at Angles 40 lets say, i cant get past Mach 1.3. I checked the inletramp switched and stuff, it all seems to be correct. That was even without the ext wing tanks.

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

1) Chose an optimal climb profile. Going straight to FL400 is not an optimal profile. I've attached you a generic profile down below to give you an idea. I've seen people fly M1.77 at 35'000ft so you do indeed seem to be doing something suboptimal.

undefined

2) Give it time. You cannot expect to accelerate to M2.0 within 2 minutes, especially not up at FL400.

3) What loadout did you have? How much fuel? Obviously, performance depends a lot on what you have on your jet.

Sidenote, you should stick to one notation for altitude. FL40'000 would mean you're at 4'000'000ft. 🙂

Edited by razo+r

sorry.
So i tried it with a completely clean aircraft - airstart, after 5 Minutes of full AB at FL300 (sorry ^^) I got stuck at M1.55 (all straight and level).

Is that intended? It seems very slow for me.

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

You need to check your inputs/axis controls etc. This sounds like a user end issue. Seen plenty of folks get beyond that.  Bug report for the fuel issue is beyond that, so plenty of people going faster than what you are seeing. 

Edited by Rainmaker

High speed is achieved by not only just having a clean jet but one that is defueled as well, you can cut 10000 lbs of weight just by decreasing the fuel to 50%. Also you need to have a specific climb profile as described above, thrust decreases with altitude but increases with speed, drag decreases with altitude. You need to balance the two in order to achieve the speeds you want.

On 6/26/2023 at 5:38 PM, Rainmaker said:

You need to check your inputs/axis controls etc. This sounds like a user end issue. Seen plenty of folks get beyond that.  Bug report for the fuel issue is beyond that, so plenty of people going faster than what you are seeing. 

I already checked, its full aB. I checked with alt+Enter which shows the axis all to the top.

On 6/26/2023 at 7:20 PM, Ivandrov said:

High speed is achieved by not only just having a clean jet but one that is defueled as well, you can cut 10000 lbs of weight just by decreasing the fuel to 50%. Also you need to have a specific climb profile as described above, thrust decreases with altitude but increases with speed, drag decreases with altitude. You need to balance the two in order to achieve the speeds you want.

I agree but still its underperforming imo. No way a clean F15-E cant get past M1.55 on FL300. According to the specs it should do up to M2.4.
How about you check it yourself

Currently it can fly beyond M2.0 (got M2.14 yesterday) but that's outside structural design limits for CFTs.

Maybe later in EA, when more important bugs are squashed, we have some skin/panel damage being visible if those high Mach figures are actually reached.

• Like 1

Make sure to check the weather conditions in your missions. If the temperature is too high, you're going to hit a wall earlier than normal. 

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

17 hours ago, MarkP said:

I agree but still its underperforming imo. No way a clean F15-E cant get past M1.55 on FL300. According to the specs it should do up to M2.4.
How about you check it yourself

What the specs say is that M2.4 is only attainable at an altitude of 40000' and that's for a 40000lbs GW which requires that the CFTs not be present.  With CFTs on you're limited to M1.8 by the CFT structural limits, and wouldn't reach that in level acceleration anyway if you're carrying any payload, unless it's a cold day.

So maybe when you say 'check it yourself' you should actually ... check it.

Edited by GGTharos
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

for some reason..all my other planes can go to 100% throttle...BUT  i can ONLY get the f-15E to hit at 96%  😞  my joystick settings show 100% too logitech x56 ...no other planes have this issue...any ideas ??

3 minutes ago, Weed89 said:

for some reason..all my other planes can go to 100% throttle...BUT  i can ONLY get the f-15E to hit at 96%  😞  my joystick settings show 100% too logitech x56 ...no other planes have this issue...any ideas ??

This is max (100%) for the Eagle 🙂

The F-15C is the same.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

52 minutes ago, Njinsa said:

So, 97% for -229 is not a valid figure ?

At least in this (DCS) case where RPM at ground and inflight is approximated to be same value.

96-97% may not exist for you inflight.  As above depends on flight conditions.  They are not approximated to be the same if the coders implement the feature.

• Thanks 1