Disable TSD Map Overlay

julianes

Hi everyone,

Really enjoying the new module. 

I do, however, find it difficult to see the symbols (especially the flight plan) on the TSD against the map background. 

This is probably due to my impaired color vision (protanopia), so I guess it is not an issue with the module. 

Is there a way to turn off the map overlay like e.g. in the Hornet or A-10?

I checked the manuals and could not find anything.

Or is there a way to display the route on another display page?

Thank you for any suggestions
Julian 

• Like 1

To be honest its exactly the same problem on the Hornet. The map is usually the first thing I switch off and then i'll just flick it on briefly again if I need reassurance as to where the hell I actually am.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2023 at 11:11 PM, davidrbarnette said:

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. In real life, it appears the map has a "flat" color kind of appearance to it. The glossy image makes the symbols difficult to read.

I'd love to know as well... I also tried inverting the map colors by toggling the 'INV' function but makes it even worse, basically everything else in the map looks exactly the same as the green lines connecting the sequence points, making it impossible to distinguish them.

• Like 2

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

On 6/27/2023 at 1:55 AM, AndyJWest said:

Try lowering your helmet visor (LShift+N by default). This cuts out a lot of the glare from the map, and makes reading the HUD easier too.

I'll give that a shot. Only realised last night they'd actually added a visor toggle for this module.

Open directory

\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\F-15E\Cockpit\MFDG\TSD

open file and find line 4, change:

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."MFDG/TSD/TSD_Map_Video.lua")

to

--dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."MFDG/TSD/TSD_Map_Video.lua")

image.png

Edited by Bartek16194
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Nice.

Any idea if it passes IC in multiplayer?

Update: It doesn’t pass IC. Still a nice option using a mod manager. 

Edited by Sarge55

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 2 weeks later...

Is there in the real Jet an option to remove the Map? Does anyone know?

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

On 7/1/2023 at 6:39 PM, WOPR said:

Reducing contrast helps make the nav points legible, but the cost is map legibility.  

I tend to do the opposite, poke the contrast rocker UP, and the brightness down a little. To me that makes the route and points stand out more, and make the map itself less blown out at the same time.

• Like 1