Varjo Limited Offer- throwing two base stations in with the Aero purchase.

dburne

https://international-store.varjo.com/home-storefront-b2c

Pretty good deal for anyone sitting on the fence on an Aero purchase and do not have the base stations already.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That is a similar deal to the one I had a couple of months ago...the 15% off spring sale.  I was on the fence, and that was enough to push me over to the Aero side.  I have no regrets with the purchase at all!  

Windows 11, GPU: RTX-4090, Ram: 32gb, CPU: 12700k, Headset: Varjo Aero

Great deal considering those basestations are $$$.

• Like 1

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Got me on the fence with this one, but 2k is still a sh!tload of dough. I was too cheap to pay that even for my 3080 ti. I have G2, so the question is, is it really worth it? I might give the G2 to my son and sell his G1 in ebay, but I don't think you get much for that...

Then I would be interested to hear if there are some solutions for the sounds or headphones? I do not want to use real over the ear head-phones with that. I might consider getting some bluetooth noise-canceling ones, like JBL reflect aero, but what do the people generally do with varjo aero?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jyge said:

Got me on the fence with this one, but 2k is still a sh!tload of dough. I was too cheap to pay that even for my 3080 ti. I have G2, so the question is, is it really worth it? I might give the G2 to my son and sell his G1 in ebay, but I don't think you get much for that...

Then I would be interested to hear if there are some solutions for the sounds or headphones? I do not want to use real over the ear head-phones with that. I might consider getting some bluetooth noise-canceling ones, like JBL reflect aero, but what do the people generally do with varjo aero?

Only you could say whether it was worth it to you unfortunately. For me I felt it was worth it at full price. But it is a lot of money.

Audio -  I have always preferred earbuds plugged into my Creative Sound DAC so I use that with the Aero as well. I will also add eye tracked dynamic foveated rendering is a sight to behold in DCS.  Have had my Aero close to a year and a half now with no regrets. And the nice thing I still don't see anything out there topping it yet.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Dang it !!!  I paid $538.00 as a bundle package with my Aero last month. I messed up even getting the base stations from Varjo I was to excited.  Steam has them for $149.00 each. That's where I screwed up at. But it's all good. I did get a index hand controlled but I haven't even used them, probably never will not needed with the Varjo's. Well not for DCS. 

Edited by Burt
  • Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

1 hour ago, Jyge said:

I don’t have the Aero but I am maybe an odd one and prefer to play DCS with regular speakers on my desk. My play space, however, does not disturb the other members of my household. 

Ryzen 7800x3d, 64gb, MSI RTX4090 Suprim , Sidewinder FFB with F16 grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG crosswind pedals. Pimax Crystal

For sound, I use the ear buds that came with the aero.  I am not an audiophile and those sound plenty good to me.  I leave them plugged into the aero and the short one goes in the left ear and the long one in the right ear.  So easy to stick them in and I am very happy with that.

Well I saw this YouTube video and looked at the headphones they linked.

Affiliate Headphones

would not really be that difficult to make custom brackets with 3D Printer, but maybe simple in-ear headphones would do the trick as well. Might just take the road as it comes. The more important question is in fact, whether I want to bleed out 2k for it. I usually clock couple of hours on Saturdays and Sundays, but I am really a sucker for Helo flying in VR since my first trials with Oculus Rift. Back then the vision and experience was like cheap Russian Vodka, Pervitin from -45 and spiced up with ayahuasca, but I immediately sold my trackIR and haven't flown whole 2 minutes pancaking after that. Only later on I learned what Mandalorian said about the VR flying- "this is the way" - that's all there is to it, I guess. Any links for a clinic, buying some badly treated kidneys through the backdoor?

A normal purchase comes with everything except the base stations.  With this deal, you should get everything you need.  I only do DCS so I use my mouse and don't need a controller.  Edit: When I say everything, I'm referring to the adapter and cabling.  I didn't order the face cushions.

Edited by MAThrasher