No exterior sound in Apache cockpit

Mad_Shell

In the Apache cockpit, I hear absolutely no sound coming from the outside. Even a big explosion less than 50 meters away is totally silent. 

I've only tested in the pilot seat and MT version (latest OB).

Edited by Mad_Shell

• 2 months later...

I made a mission with both the Gazelle and tha Apache as clients.
Friendly AAA shoot down a russian bomber and it hit the ground fairly close.
From the Gazelle I hear both AAA and the thunder from the chrash. 
-And it is amazing. That's what I call immersion!

-The low frequencies of such an explotion would penetrate even into a recording studio.
But the Apache is a silent movie.
Except I hear both hellfire whooshes and the Bushmaster, but not an aircraft hitting the ground fairly close.
It seems unrealistic to me.
Even if realistic,I'd prefer some "unrealism" here.
Thoughts?

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

I made a mission with both the Gazelle and tha Apache as clients.
Friendly AAA shoot down a russian bomber and it hit the ground fairly close.
From the Gazelle I hear both AAA and the thunder from the chrash. 
-And it is amazing. That's what I call immersion!

-The low frequencies of such an explotion would penetrate even into a recording studio.
But the Apache is a silent movie.
Except I hear both hellfire whooshes and the Bushmaster, but not an aircraft hitting the ground fairly close.
It seems unrealistic to me.
Even if realistic,I'd prefer some "unrealism" here.
Thoughts?
I do remember hearing the Concorde taking off from Heathrow while sitting in a another taxiing airliner.
I think we need some real pilots to give their experience and insights here, while I have a feeling they already did. In a combat aircraft you might want to wear a helmet too.
Have you tried adjusting the audio sliders, like setting World to full and cockpit down?

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I do believe that pilot ear phones incorporate active noise reduction.  I’ve no idea how effective it is, but “maybe” it’s correct.  Best to ask that question of someone like Casmo

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I do remember hearing the Concorde taking off from Heathrow while sitting in a another taxiing airliner. emoji6.png
I think we need some real pilots to give their experience and insights here, while I have a feeling they already did. In a combat aircraft you might want to wear a helmet too.
Have you tried adjusting the audio sliders, like setting World to full and cockpit down?

Cheers!

I do not change sound balance between flying the two choppers, mind you.
I have a fairly advanced sound setup, with a Roland Octa-capture external audio interface coupled to a pair of JBL near field studio monitors.
This way I have external sounds in those, and internal in the earphones of the HP reverbs.
I have tried various combinations regarding volume of the different channels.

Cheer, yes, with beers.  :)

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

If you want to try for yourself:
In this mission, your target are the vehicles turning off road to avoid the roadblock. (Ignore the ones following the road)
The Apache takes off from the roadblock, the Gazelle is in air.
If you want, you can get into one of the jets, and take out some air targets as well.
A B21 bomber goes for the enemy's ammo stock. If it fails, you can take it out to finish the mission.
It can be solved i many ways.
I'll upload it here so you can test the sounds and the way it affects the entire experience.
Containing a lot of Currenthill mods.

Edit: There is an invisible Farp where the Apache take of from where you can re-arm the Gazelle if needed.

TESTKrimBETA.miz

Edited by Moxica
  • Like 1

@Moxica

In addition to the relatively new flight helmets (late 90s) that upped the sound protection game, army pilots typically use something called a CEP or communication ear plug, essentially wired airpods with wire to the back of your helmet.  I don't recall them being noise cancelling, but the combined effect of the helmet and the ear plug makes the ambient noise really low.  

I actually preferred not to wear them as I couldn't hear the ambient noises of the aircraft well enough.  

• Like 2

@Moxica

In addition to the relatively new flight helmets (late 90s) that upped the sound protection game, army pilots typically use something called a CEP or communication ear plug, essentially wired airpods with wire to the back of your helmet.  I don't recall them being noise cancelling, but the combined effect of the helmet and the ear plug makes the ambient noise really low.  

I actually preferred not to wear them as I couldn't hear the ambient noises of the aircraft well enough.  
That's interesting! Thanks!

I do not change sound balance between flying the two choppers, mind you.
I have a fairly advanced sound setup, with a Roland Octa-capture external audio interface coupled to a pair of JBL near field studio monitors.
This way I have external sounds in those, and internal in the earphones of the HP reverbs.
I have tried various combinations regarding volume of the different channels.

Cheer, yes, with beers.  :)
Nah, I just meant in general if you wanted more ambient sound in the Apache. If you get hit in the Gazelle the wrong way the "pilots" let out small grunts and screams., so I guess it's coded differently.

• Like 1

I had plenty of KS-19s firing at me in the Apache and when they explode nearby, they're loud and scary (especially at night!).

I'll always opt for realism where I can. So whatever a real pilot says you can or can't hear, that's how I'd like it.

• Like 1

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM