Drive Storage Management for DCS World module

Go to solution Solved by Taz1004,

I got my DCS World installed on a single 240GB drive alone and it is now with 43.5GB free space left. And I got another drive with 175GB free space on it, can I move the DCS module to it? so I can purchase new DCS map and other module and install on those drive with sufficient space.

Anyway, will there be future update for the DCS launcher to support separate drive installation of module? 

4 hours ago, JOKERACTS said:

I got my DCS World installed on a single 240GB drive alone and it is now with 43.5GB free space left. And I got another drive with 175GB free space on it, can I move the DCS module to it? so I can purchase new DCS map and other module and install on those drive with sufficient space.

Anyway, will there be future update for the DCS launcher to support separate drive installation of module? 

hello. yes indeed it can be moved. essentially move the ED folder to the new drive, fix shortcuts, and run a repair. here is a video discussing process.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

8 hours ago, silverdevil said:

hello. yes indeed it can be moved. essentially move the ED folder to the new drive, fix shortcuts, and run a repair. here is a video discussing process.

oh no, I mean to keep the DCS World at the same drive but install the module on separate drive.

• Solution
4 minutes ago, JOKERACTS said:

oh no, I mean to keep the DCS World at the same drive but install the module on separate drive.

Use symbolic links to move any folder to another drive.  But still behave as if they're on same drive.

The Complete Guide to Creating Symbolic Links (aka Symlinks) on Windows (howtogeek.com)

• Like 1

Use symbolic links to move any folder to another drive.  But still behave as if they're on same drive.
The Complete Guide to Creating Symbolic Links (aka Symlinks) on Windows (howtogeek.com)
This is my go to procedure/reference article because I'm too lazy write one myself.
Follow the link in the article to get a shell extension, which makes it even easier!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1