dcs multi-player, how to keep %^%$^%$ out of my server?

hyperfighter

hi all, i host mp maps in dcs usually it are 8 player maps.

sometimes teamkilling noobs join, and they mess up the server by killing teamies, i first warn em but if they continue i kick them, but they just enter another name and rejoin again continuing to make others game-experience suck...is there anyway i can ban these guys? basically now i just have to stop hosting for a few hours and hope they dont rejoin! this is just stupid....how do i prevent known assholes from joining my server???

plz help!!!!

Edited by hyperfighter

I have never play BS online so im not sure how it works. But you should find their ip address ( you should be able to see who is in your server) .And add their ip's to a config file that runs on your server, this will ban them everytime. I hope that helps.

Edited by rapid

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Unfortunately they are probably using Dynamic IPs, and as such you cant Ban or block them.

Ideally the in game browser would have you tied to an account which could then be blocked. The Multi-player interface in BS is incredibly primitive by todays standards.

Nate

Hmmm so BS is not like say C/S where you could ban the persons Game account or like AA where you can ban the persons ip?

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

was afraid of this....pretty stupid that they didnt even think of adding this function, well as a consequence dcs multiplayer will NEVER become any good like il2 or lomac. yeah it really pisses me off when i just flown for 1 hour and finally come back to land i get shot by tk-ers, which i can do nothing against..\

i think ill just stopp hosting al together...il be trying PC-Tools firewall plus but if it doesnt work my hosting days are over

hmmm only other one left is a subnet ban a bit more effective but may also deny others on the same subnet

Without in-build module to banning people (it is only one button...) server management is poor. If player can kick why can't ban from inside game?

There were many requests for this solution (or similar).

So by now u can use example CommView to people ban - country flag near to IP helps a bit :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

hi all, i host mp maps in dcs usually it are 8 player maps.

sometimes teamkilling noobs join, and they mess up the server by killing teamies, i first warn em but if they continue i kick them, but they just enter another name and rejoin again continuing to make others game-experience suck...is there anyway i can ban these guys? basically now i just have to stop hosting for a few hours and hope they dont rejoin! this is just stupid....how do i prevent known assholes from joining my server???

plz help!!!!

Protowall works well depending on your network card. Its also easy to use. If you need help installing it and learning how to use it let me know.

If you have a WinXP or Server 2003 machine, you can add a security policy in the group policy editor. This allows you to add IP bans without third party software.

PM me if you want help and I'll walk you through it on TS or over the phone.

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

Passwords work.

True, by blocking out 1 idiot and 50 honest players alike. :yay:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Unfortunately they are probably using Dynamic IPs, and as such you cant Ban or block them.

Ideally the in game browser would have you tied to an account which could then be blocked. The Multi-player interface in BS is incredibly primitive by todays standards.

Nate

There are a lot of ISPs that don't always give you a new ip address everytime you connect to the network. I know I seem to always get the same ip address. Even if it is dynamic your firewall might allow you to block them based on MAC address rather than ip address.

Of course if they're determined and they're fairly knowledgable about networks they may still be able to work around even that.

-- CoolHand

Slightly OT, but I cant believe this, are you saying some one has actually learned to fly this sim in full mode and then proceeds to start team killing people? Or is it in game mode?

Either way, it doesn't really matter and its very disappointing to hear this has started to happen :( . Seems no game is ever safe from griefers, sigh.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

An age old problem, anyone remember the go-the-wrong-way-around-the-track dedication of some guys back in the GPL days? I mean, this guy (I'm thinking of one in particular) went to all the trouble of getting a decent PC (with 3DFX card in those days), a wheel, the sim, the internet connection, and all this just to crash into everyone on purpose during races? Huh? It might be baffling, but that's the reality of human nature - there's always at least one complete moron. And yes, BS's multiplayer interface is not going to help things.

The problem is people can change their MAC addresses also. http://www.gorlani.com/publicprj/macmakeup/macmakeup.asp

It would work better to allow only certain addresses--but then your doing the same thing as passwording.

Blocking a range of IP's is usually most effective. Its easy with the net.server log to narrow the range so that your not blocking a large group of players.

As long as you stay on top of your moderating usually the offenders decide to behave, or get tired and go elsewhere.

Edited by Fudd
The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

True, by blocking out 1 idiot and 50 honest players alike. :yay:

yep thats the point everyone is free to join for all i care as long as they behave.

i am fiddling with commview i can see connections but theres no help on how to block ip's or mac adresses. since i have 2 free days from work now ill think ill try figuring this out, ill post if i got something suitable....banning on mac adress is good enough for now because that would take some work for the offender to do whenever he gets banned, which will prob get him bored with it soon enough

Edited by hyperfighter