DCS crash when entering A/G radar

munckmb
Go to solution Solved by Timghetta,

40 minutes ago, munckmb said:

Tested in ST and MT. No mods. Air start, Un-pause, select a/g radar on left MFD. Castle switch long left results in dcs crash. 

dcs.log 138.44 kB · 3 downloads dcs.log-20230725-082539.zip 241.19 kB · 3 downloads

Happens for T-F page for pilot and in WSO seat for me. Not consistent. Had my first crash due to this yesterday since release.

I also experienced the first SE crash with this in the pilot seat right after the update, unfortunately I no longer have the logs to share.

Intel i7-5820K @ 4GHz - 32 GB DDR4 - Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 - VKB Gunfighter II - CH ProThrottle (modded with hall effect sensor) - CH Pro Pedals

Wants: DCS F-104G Starfighter

I'm having this issue as well, been able to replicate it multiple times;

Air started in F-15E, went to AG radar, RBM and HRM work fine.

Go back to Mission Editor or hit LShift + R to reload the mission, get back in the same slot, go to AG radar, immediately crashes on the first sweep.

Adjusting the amount of threads in Special Options doesn't correct this issue.

CPU is an Intel i7-8700K @ 3.7.

So far with a buddy in MP we're able to reliably reproduce the crash: in both cases me as the WSO activated the A/G radar page, then my pilot selected the same page and only after that the radar knob was moved to OPER from STBY. At that very instant I, as the session host and the WSO, experienced the crash. A full, slow repair was run after the first test and *prior* to the second test.

OS: Win11 Pro 64bit MB: ASUS B550-I STRIX CPU: AMD R7 5800X GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB RAM: 32GB DDR4 SSD (OS and Sims): Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Accessories: TrackIR5, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals

I'm experiencing this as well. For me, it happens about 40% of the time, and repairing the game has not fixed the issue. I have no mods or tacview installed.

Modules Owned:

F-15E, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14A/B, AJS-37, AH-64D, A-10C II, A-10A, F-15C, Marianas, MiG-21, P-51, Supercarrier, Su-33, UH-1H, AV-8B, Persian Gulf Map

Computer Specifications:  

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 | Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS Throttle

11 hours ago, Timghetta said:

Hey we found running a "Repair" on DCS is solving this issue in a test build.

Unfortunately that hasn't done it for me.  I cleared out fxo/metashaders folders, did the slow repair, and it was still crashing.  Decided to leave it for the evening and try something again tomorrow.

Tried again this morning, placed down a F-15 on Caucasus and tried it in both ST and MT, everything worked fine.  Went back to the mission I was originally crashing on, which is on Persian Gulf, and it immediately started crashing as before (works the first time, if I reslot or restart the mission, it crashes on the first sweep).

Update @Timghetta: I'm pretty sure I found a cause for this.  I tested on an empty map with 2 different Client F-15Es for both Caucasus and Persian Gulf, everything worked fine.  As soon as I forced Civ Traffic on in the PG version, I got the crash.

PG, Civ Traffic on High: Crash
PG, Civ Traffic on Low: Crash
CCS, Civ Traffic on High: Crash
CCS, Civ Traffic on Low: OK

Edited by Mr Nobody
  • Like 1

I had two crashes, both on Caucasus, immediately on taking command of the A2G radar (first sweep - PC stutters, then locks up, DCS crash log dialogue box then comes up, crash report sent).

I did a repair (edit to add: short repair), but only had time for one more attempt - on taking command of the A2G radar, the first sweep caused a couple of stutters with sound pops, but didn't lock up the sim. Will see how it goes....but somethings definitely not happy.

Edited by ARM505

Same problem, crash when activating Ground radar, long repair done , but problem persist, try with civ traffic disabled but problem persist.

ED/Razbam we need an urgent FIX.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

ED/Razbam are working on a fix.

• Like 3

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

23 hours ago, munckmb said:

Sometimes it works if you start the AG radar in ground moving target and then switch to rbm.

You save my life , yes that's works 👍

• Like 1

I can get it to CTD every single time by making a mission in Nevada, SA-11 way out 200 miles SW in that open area. F-15E, MK-84's, centerline gas tank, 2x AIM 120s, 2x AIM-9's, air start over Nellis at ~6500 ft (default). As soon as I select A/G radar and castle switch left to get it going, crash. Every single time. Please fix this asap, didn't have an issue in the latest patch.

Just want to relax at home (injured, can't go to work), fly a bit in the F-15E, no luck there either. Yay.

No more crash after today patch.

• Like 1