speed differences, bug?

100Fuegos

hace 4 minutos, razo+r dijo:

In AA it shows you TAS while in ENR/NAV it shows you IAS. Those are two different type of speeds. Why they designed it like that is beyond me however.

and the needle clock marks the IAS? a bit weird, isn't it?

2 hours ago, razo+r said:

In AA it shows you TAS while in ENR/NAV it shows you IAS. Those are two different type of speeds. Why they designed it like that is beyond me however.

Well...almost. The BVR AA mode displays TAS on the HUD, while every other mode--the various WVR AA modes and NAV--display IAS. BVR displays TAS because you need to quickly calculate closure rates, etc and IAS doesn't allow you to do that at all. Or that's my take on it. anyway. Oh, and "Reticle" mode displays no airspeed at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 8/5/2023 at 10:12 AM, 100Fuegos said:

and the needle clock marks the IAS? a bit weird, isn't it?

The analog speedometer actually shows IAS and TAS with two needles, which is a nice feature if you ask me. (TAS is shown in the Mach meter)

For assessing your aircraft's current performance in WVR combat, IAS is quite helpful, but for navigation and BVR combat TAS is more useful.

Edited by Aviator78
Wrong information
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2