F-5E Art Update?

_BringTheReign_
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

Absolutely loving the bug fixes recently, huge kudos to the team for addressing the longstanding bugs. The F-5E module is very popular and loved by the community. I am wondering if there is anything to share on the art update that was mentioned last year. The most recent actual information we have was from Wags, in this comment on the discord:

image.png

Thank you!

Edited by _BringTheReign_
formatting
  • Like 4

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, _BringTheReign_ said:

Now that the Flaming Cliffs 3 upgrade has dropped, can we expect something similar to this for the F-5E? Cheers

Yes: it has been asked AND answered dozens of times already.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

1 hour ago, _BringTheReign_ said:

Where?

Here on the forum, and during various interviews given over the years.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

1 hour ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Here on the forum, and during various interviews given over the years.

You're probably one of those people who missed the November Waggs interview at Gonky's: no solid plans for an update.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bucic said:

You're probably one of those people

I am not 🙂

Spoiler

So you didn't miss it but you didn't understand? 😄 Listen. If someone asks a girl:

- How's your boyfriend?

And she replies:

- What boyfriend?

That "boyfriend" isn't part of any serious plans, I can tell you that 🙂

This is how the question on possible update on the F-5E went pretty much during the Nov 2023 interview in question.

Edited by Bucic
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bucic said:

you didn't understand?

I understood perfectly, thank you.
That section of the November interview was about grounding the excitement that arose after an interview a while back where Simon said some things the rest of ED was not very happy with, and alluded to a much more comprehensive update than merely art.

ED have said numerous times in the past they are going to bring all other modules' art up-to-date (at the very least support the engine changes made with DCS 2.5: PBR and deferred shading). That is a long process and they are working their way up in chronological order. The Ka-50 got new art, the A-10 got it, now FC3, etc...
So next we'll see the Huey, Mi-8, F-86, MiG-15 and so on.

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
typo
  • Like 2
Spoiler

On 2/22/2024 at 8:13 PM, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

I understood perfectly, thank you.
That section of the November interview was about grounding the excitement that arose after an interview a while back where Simon said some things the rest of ED was not very happy with, and alluded to a much more comprehensive update than merely art.

ED have said numerous times in the past they are going to bring all other modules' art up-to-date (at the very least support the engine changes made with DCS 2.5: PBR and deferred shading). That is a long process and they are working their way up in chronological order. The Ka-50 got new art, the A-10 got it, now FC3, etc...
So next we'll see the Huey, Mi-8, F-86, MiG-15 and so on.

No one questions ED's continous updating policy. But with your line of thinking any and every module is being updated. The key culprit here is a feasible timeframe. To me nothing not announced by ED as in active development (or even testing) falls within feasible timeframe. There are simply too many modules at this point. Including the multiple glass-cockpit resource sinkholes.

Edited by Bucic
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the art update includes a HGU-2 helmet pilot as an option, specially now that we will get a part of the Iran-Iraq map.

• Like 3

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!