MFD Brightness / Gain way too dark

davidrbarnette

Just got back in to the Harrier module after flying F-15E and Apache for a bit, and I'm not sure what changed, but the MFDs are so dark when trying to use the TPOD that I have to click the gain button up about 30 times just to be able to make out anything. I'm using VR (Reverb G2) without any mods or anything like that. Gamma is set to 2.0, and I don't have brightness problems in any other module.

Thanks

17 hours ago, davidrbarnette said:

Just got back in to the Harrier module after flying F-15E and Apache for a bit, and I'm not sure what changed, but the MFDs are so dark when trying to use the TPOD that I have to click the gain button up about 30 times just to be able to make out anything. I'm using VR (Reverb G2) without any mods or anything like that. Gamma is set to 2.0, and I don't have brightness problems in any other module.

Thanks

Known issue across all modules. Makes using MFDs at night a pain.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gunnar81 said:

I just posted a bug report about this for the Harrier. It appears the default setting is too dark but it can be corrected using the Contrast and Gain setting. This is for the Harrier only as I have only tested that.

Ok, I think I know what you mean. I'll give it a try this evening. Thanks for the heads-up!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I found this post as I was going to ask the same question is anyone else finding the TPOD display difficult to view. No matter what I try with gain etc I am not able to identify targets.

I am using a flat screen by the way, not VR.

Edited by DD_Friar
  • Like 1

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

I believe the issue is the MFD themselves not the settings of the TPOD. If you adjust the gain/constrast on the MFD you should see better results. Also, in the game options, under the 'special' tab you'll see there are default brightness settings for the MFD's, you can tinker with those as well.

• Like 1

You can get very much readable TPod and DMT TV picture (probably, even too readable compared to reality) with MFD gain/contrast manipulation (on flatscreen. No idea about VR or MFD export). Current special options default gain/contrast setting is slightly too bright for EHSD moving map and slightly too dark for TPod/TV use, so it still require some adjustment in cockpit.

Edited by Aernov

Salute

After further investigations I have found the the answer to this problem for me was to delete the fxo and metashaders2 folders.

I can now turn the gain up and have been able to VERY clearly see zoom in and see target from 30 miles away.

Now if I could only get the Mavericks to fire when I get closer but that is a whole other quest for me.

But if you have a dark TPOD delete those two folders before starting the game (the game re-creates them) and it will be like night and day for you.

• Like 2

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

Just posted in another thread.. just found that they added controls to the special options menu for the harrier so you can set the defaults where you want them to be 😂

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones