Indicated Air Speeds Not In Sync

Scoop
Go to solution Solved by ASAP,

Anyone seeing a reason why the analogue airspeed indicator is always 5 knots behind the airspeed indicated on the HUD, CDU and HMCS? Not sure it should be like this as I would have thought all indicated airspeeds should be the same? Behaviour is the same in ST and MT.

Screen_230905_131929.jpg

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

In that screenshot, if anything, the ASI seems to indicate about 5 knots faster than the 205 knots in the HUD.

IIRC, the HUD airspeed comes from the CADC, and I can't remember if it defaults to IAS or CAS.  The difference would be pretty tiny, but we're talking about a pretty tiny discrepancy.

Thanks for the reply guys. 🙂

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

I believe the Airspeed Indicator is tied directly to the pitot-static system, and the HUD airspeed comes from the Air-Data Computer (ADC). I flew a plane at work the other day that has two analogue air speed indicators, and a PFD airspeed indicator. There was about a 12-knot difference between all 3 lol.

Edited by Sn8ke
  • Like 1

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, Sn8ke said:

I believe the Airspeed Indicator is tied directly to the pitot-static system, and the HUD airspeed comes from the Air-Data Computer (ADC). I flew a plane at work the other day that has two analogue air speed indicators, and a PFD airspeed indicator. There was about a 12-knot difference between all 3 lol.

As far as I can tell, you're correct, the ASI is a pitot/static instrument, although I'm assuming in DCS that subtle distinction is not simulated, and the difference is just a graphical glitch.

Edited by jaylw314
  • Like 1