Quadviews Companion for VR eye-tracking for Crystal and Aero

Go to solution Solved by GayCavalier,

Download here: QuadViews Companion (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

V 1.0.2 (updated) - NET5.0 support

Quadviews Companion makes modifying the settings within mbucchia's implementation of QuadViews a breeze!

mbucchia's QuadViews is an essential download if you fly in DCS, and you have eye-tracking capabilities.

However, for many, the settings.cfg file setup and modification can prove difficult when trying to find the best Dynamic Foveated Rendering settings for DCS.

This handy utility not only automatically creates the initial QuadViews user settings file, but lets you load, modify, and update the settings without needing to open the config file at all.

See https://github.com/mbucchia/Quad-Views-Foveated/wiki for further details.

Works with Pimax Crystal, Pimax 12k, and Varjo Aero, Varjo XR3.

Screen_shot.png

Edited by GayCavalier
Updated version number
  • Like 1

System specs:
i9-11900KF OC to 5500Mhz with water block- MSI RTX4090 OC - ASUS ROG HERO VIII - 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz- 1TB SSD OS - 2TB SSD GAME- 1000W PSU
Pimax 8kx - TM Pendular Pedals - TM Warthog Throttle - TM Waterhog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - WinWing Pheonix MIP/UPC - Homemade Landing Gear control.  Andre's SimShaker driving two subwoofers and seat kickers for seat and control column vibration - sketchpad linked to OpenKneeboard - VoiceAttack with VIACOM Pro

• Solution

I've just recompiled with a newer dotNet version. (5.0)

Edited by GayCavalier
  • Thanks 1

System specs:
i9-11900KF OC to 5500Mhz with water block- MSI RTX4090 OC - ASUS ROG HERO VIII - 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz- 1TB SSD OS - 2TB SSD GAME- 1000W PSU
Pimax 8kx - TM Pendular Pedals - TM Warthog Throttle - TM Waterhog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - WinWing Pheonix MIP/UPC - Homemade Landing Gear control.  Andre's SimShaker driving two subwoofers and seat kickers for seat and control column vibration - sketchpad linked to OpenKneeboard - VoiceAttack with VIACOM Pro

oke, 

so when i delete 2 files, and load programma with azerty keyboard the file is perfect

but when i do save, on the programm, and still with azerty the file changed to , instead of a .

if i do the same with a qwerty layout, its the same problem, it works till i use apply 

Edited by _schepper_

On 9/11/2023 at 3:17 PM, _schepper_ said:

oke, 

so when i delete 2 files, and load programma with azerty keyboard the file is perfect

but when i do save, on the programm, and still with azerty the file changed to , instead of a .

if i do the same with a qwerty layout, its the same problem, it works till i use apply 

Sorry for this  - it's now been fixed with v1.0.5 posted to User files this morning.

On 9/11/2023 at 11:39 AM, Lt_Jaeger said:

Could you please check the app. Rumor has it, that the app puts "," instedt of "." depending on the localisation (?). Seems to screwed up a couple of ppl already. 

Thanks.  Is now fixed with v1.0.5 released this morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

I had the same problem, w/ newer versions of .net the country code doesnt inherit or force like it did before.

So math on my machine returns x.xx, but if someone's localization is set to German, it returns x,xx.

I had to tell .net to replace the localization separators for that region and force it to save strings as x.xx.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

2 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

I had the same problem, w/ newer versions of .net the country code doesnt inherit or force like it did before.

So math on my machine returns x.xx, but if someone's localization is set to German, it returns x,xx.

I had to tell .net to replace the localization separators for that region and force it to save strings as x.xx.

Is this still happening on v1.0.5?  If so, I'm going to have to force a string replacement to point decimals while the text file is being written.. not a big problem, but worth knowing, otherwise everywhere from Norway to Syria is going to have decimal issues..

• Like 1

System specs:

On 9/13/2023 at 11:08 PM, GayCavalier said:

Is this still happening on v1.0.5?  If so, I'm going to have to force a string replacement to point decimals while the text file is being written.. not a big problem, but worth knowing, otherwise everywhere from Norway to Syria is going to have decimal issues..

should be as simple as converting number value from control to string, then replacing characters

ie for VB:

If System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat.NumberDecimalSeparator = "," Then 
Try
     Dim VALUE_SLIDER = (TrackBar_USER_VALUE.Value).ToString 
     If VALUE_SLIDER.Contains(",") Then
         VALUE_SLIDER = VALUE_SLIDER.Replace(",", ".")
     End If
 Catch Ex As Exception
 End Try
End If

** Fixed a Typo **

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

17 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

should be as simple as converting number value from control to string, then replacing characters

ie for VB:

If System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat.NumberDecimalSeparator = "," Then 
Try
     Dim VALUE_SLIDER = (TrackBar_USER_VALUE.Value).ToString 
     If VALUE_SLIDER.Contains(",") Then
         VALUE_SLIDER.Replace(",", ".")
     End If
 Catch Ex As Exception
 End Try
End If

Yes - that's what i'm doing, done for all except the final string writes, so I'll fix that this evening.. v1.0.6 on the way!   Thanks for confirming that it's still and issue.

Edited by GayCavalier
typo

System specs:

Updated to v1.0.8.. finally got rid of the internationalization issues.

System specs:

• 2 months later...
On 11/27/2023 at 12:45 PM, greyeagle787 said:

Hello GayCavalier, Thanks for this and your very complete and informative videos! My Pimax is on order and I just have 1 question. The tick box on top “turbo mode”, is this another place to turn that feature on? Thought was just in OpenXR Toolkit and PimaxXR. Thanks!

Once you're using QuadViews, best practice is to 'reset' the settings for DCS in OpenXR Toolkit's On Screen Display.   QuadViews settings take precedent over OXRT OSD's settings, but you don't want to end up in a situation where your OXRT settings conflict with QuadViews...  for that reason, I now leave my OXRT OSD settings within DCS all as default.

System specs:

8 minutes ago, GayCavalier said:

Once you're using QuadViews, best practice is to 'reset' the settings for DCS in OpenXR Toolkit's On Screen Display.   QuadViews settings take precedent over OXRT OSD's settings, but you don't want to end up in a situation where your OXRT settings conflict with QuadViews...  for that reason, I now leave my OXRT OSD settings within DCS all as default.

Thanks You Sir and for all your good work as well. Read your post on Reddit regarding OXRTK’s developer. Spot On!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Using it now but the eye gaze and focus view feature seem not to work.

EDIT: Never mind my crystal is junk and I am contacting Pimax to return it and going back to a monitor instead. Found internal damage to my unit from the factory and a total of 7 issues with the headset and customer service :no_sad: My 8KX never had all these issues. Maybe they will fix it with the 12K.

Edited by Sorata

• 4 weeks later...

Having an issue where in the middle of a flight the Foveated rendering suddenly stops working.  I've got Quadviews companion running in the background, it works initially and then boom - I have to move my head to see things clearly after a while.

Any help would be appreciated!

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I try to use quadviews with a meta quest 3. The local spot is on the top, I want to lower it but the " vertical focus offset" do nothing. -10, 50 or -50 it's the same. In the log i can see this parameter but no change in the game.