New datalink update questions

Hulkbust44

Looking at this video, I have some concerns... If this is implemented correctly and nothing else changes, the will be no operational difference when it comes to the data being received by your aircraft. Is that the case, is this just a SA cosmetic change? As I understand it, adding a donor is allowing that aircraft to contribute to your MSI trackfiles.(A1-F18AC-600-100 043) As MSI trackfiles do not yet exist, nothing should actually change with this update. (note: notice on the SA>SENSORS that F/F and PPLI are separate options)

• Like 2

Great update, but I have some questions.
1. What Transmit power changes? What are ranges of these powers?
2. Does a donor aircraft pass thru information it receives from other aircrafts? For example: We have two 4-ship flights. Squid and Roman. Whole Squid flight is connected as members. Whole Roman flight is connected as members. Squid 1-1 links Roman 1-1 as donor. Will Squid 1-1 receive information that Roman 1-1 is receiving from rest of the flight (Roman 1-2, 1-3 and 1,4)?
3. Will you implement auto population of members tab in mission editor for flight members, or mission maker has to do it manually each time? For big multiplayer missions with 40+ aircrafts it will be a chore.

4.Will there be any verifying mechanism or warning if two aircrafts will have same STN in mission editor?

• Like 1

Unlike in Viper, selecting the donors / members is hugely impractical on the SA page where your contacts may be 100 miles away in a tight formation. In the real world I suppose the problem is offset my having the ability to slew the HSI / SA display. Is this going be implemented as well?

• Like 1

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

11 hours ago, Andrei said:

Unlike in Viper, selecting the donors / members is hugely impractical on the SA page where your contacts may be 100 miles away in a tight formation. In the real world I suppose the problem is offset my having the ability to slew the HSI / SA display. Is this going be implemented as well?

You can expand the SA, just not well (it's something ED manages to break and fix every other patch) And of course you should be able to input really any of the data via MIDS or TGT data