Missile review

USA_Recon
Go to solution Solved by Bremspropeller,

• Solution

AIM-9B/J - rear aspect heaters => Seeker needs to be uncaged.

AIM-9JULI - Juliet with a Lima seeker (all aspect) => Seeker needs to be uncaged.

R550 Magic 1 - rear aspect heater => Seeker magically uncages itself. Eats flares like I eat éclairs.

R550 Magic 2 - all aspect heater (best heater for the F1) => Seeker magically uncages itself.

R530 IR - BFM* rear aspect (and limited 3-9 line capability) heater => Can only be carried on C/L station or inboard wing-stations. Use the C/L station.

R530EM - BFM* all aspect Fox 1 (acts like a pitbull on a playground in a furball) => Can only be carried on C/L station or inboard wing-stations. Use the C/L station.

S530F - one Fox 1 to own them all => If Jesus had a missile.

That's about it. Unless Aerges decides in the future to implement the V3B or C and Python 3/ V3S missile carried by Equador and South Africa.

____

* Big Fat Momma

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

"R550 Magic 1 - rear aspect heater => Seeker magically uncages itself. Eats flares like I eat éclair"

The R550 Magic 1 IRL Default mode is a 30 x 30 (+-15)auto scan with auto lock very quick and useful. (sadly Not yet implemented)

This scan can be overridden and the Magic 1 put into Boresight (HOTAS press and hold 300/600m Missile unlock)  mode 5 x 5  with auto lock/uncage . If the 300/600m missile unlock button is released without a seeker lock missile reverts back to 30 x 30 Autoscan

The Boresight mode is the only mode currently implemented

Once locked Gimbal limit is + - 30 degrees.

Edited by IvanK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, IvanK said:

"R550 Magic 1 - rear aspect heater => Seeker magically uncages itself. Eats flares like I eat éclair"

The R550 Magic 1 IRL Default mode is a 30 x 30 (+-15)auto scan with auto lock very quick and useful. (sadly Not yet implemented)

This scan can be overridden and the Magic 1 put into Boresight (HOTAS press and hold 300/600m Missile unlock)  mode 5 x 5  with auto lock/uncage . If the 300/600m missile unlock button is released without a seeker lock missile reverts back to 30 x 30 Autoscan

That makes the missle even cooler, thanks Ivan!

I guess the M2 has a similar scan pattern?

5 hours ago, Iron Sights said:

I will say so far, nothing has escaped the Super 530. 

The Super really is super-solid. The only way to defeat it right now is kinetically, like turning cold immediately when launched upon. Don't just squeeze it off when you're getting the green dot, but wait a couple of seconds. Threat permitting.

I wonder if that will still be the case with the improved radar modelling.

Edited by Bremspropeller

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

On 9/19/2023 at 9:07 AM, Booka42 said:

Hi,

I would suggest the excellent Chucks guide as a starting point:

https://chucksguides.com/aircraft/dcs/mirage-f1/

If you like it also check out his patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/chucksguides

Kind regards,

Booka42

I read the guide and it doesn’t have a nice breakdown at all ???

thanks to other here for actually answering the question 

On 9/19/2023 at 9:18 AM, Bremspropeller said:

AIM-9B/J - rear aspect heaters => Seeker needs to be uncaged.

AIM-9JULI - Juliet with a Lima seeker (all aspect) => Seeker needs to be uncaged.

R550 Magic 1 - rear aspect heater => Seeker magically uncages itself. Eats flares like I eat éclairs.

R550 Magic 2 - all aspect heater (best heater for the F1) => Seeker magically uncages itself.

R530 IR - BFM* rear aspect (and limited 3-9 line capability) heater => Can only be carried on C/L station or inboard wing-stations. Use the C/L station.

R530EM - BFM* all aspect Fox 1 (acts like a pitbull on a playground in a furball) => Can only be carried on C/L station or inboard wing-stations. Use the C/L station.

S530F - one Fox 1 to own them all => If Jesus had a missile.

That's about it. Unless Aerges decides in the future to implement the V3B or C and Python 3/ V3S missile carried by Equador and South Africa.

____

* Big Fat Momma

Awesome thanks !

also, the Matra tones are deafening, does F1 have a way to turn that down ie like F-5 ?

Edited by USA_Recon

On 9/19/2023 at 8:10 PM, IvanK said:

Didn’t realize 300/600 missile unlock.  I assume this is what nearly all other dcs jets call cage/uncage ?  Wish Aerges worked on I,proving their naming for bindings . Super confusing

1 hour ago, USA_Recon said:

also, the Matra tones are deafening, does F1 have a way to turn that down ie like F-5 ?

Check the box left to your left thigh or knee (where the red and green radio pushbuttons are). It has all the volume rheos for the TACAN, VOR, Radio and MSL tones.

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

• 4 weeks later...