Vehicle sinks into the terrain after "Select Role" from the menu

Lasko

Here is something I've run into from time to time, only on multi-player.  I wasn't even sure how to describe this and haven't found anything by searching.  Re-create steps:

1.  Stop the vehicle on a dirt area.  I don't recall it ever happening on pavement.

2. Open the menu with ESC, choose "Select Role"

3. Close the role screen with ESC, you are left in the JTAC slot.

4. Change to F7 view.

4. Vehicle sinks into the ground.  If you attempt to control it again, it explodes.

If you exit the server and rejoin, it will be back on the surface.  I don't know if other players see it buried, but suspect not.  Sorry for no track, I've never been able to cause it in a single player setting.

On 10/1/2023 at 1:39 AM, Lasko said:

Sorry for no track, I've never been able to cause it in a single player setting.

For your information, MP tracks are recorded automatically. They are stored in your "Saved Games/DCS.../Tracks/Multiplayer" folder.

I'll see if I can reproduce this issue.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

2 minutes ago, Flappie said:

For your information, MP tracks are recorded automatically. They are stored in your "Saved Games/DCS.../Tracks/Multiplayer" folder.

I'll see if I can reproduce this issue.

OK, that wasn't exactly true, I do have the track file but it is 88MB.  If it will help, I can try to reproduce it at the beginning of an MP track which should be fairly small.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm replaying your track but it does not work as expected. It behaves like a server track (mission starts at 23:00). I accelerated to around 23:42 but I don't see you taking control of any vehicle. The track stays in F10 view doing nothing, and I see only BLUFOR units.

Can you simply tell me where exactly your tank got stuck in Caucasus?

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Here are the start/end points:

WP1: 44°42'19.16"N 39°34'15.99"E | 361ft
WP2: 44°42'48.74"N 39°34'21.14"E | 367ft

I did see on one replay attempt there were no red units visible on F10 so I restarted DCS and they came back.  I can see the Abrams sink below ground level in F7 view.  I even did it differently this time by clicking the unit on the F10 map then clicking the control icon to exit, thinking that exiting through the menu somehow contributed.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...