Steam auth error 403 Discussion.

Insonia

I misunderstand this post:
On 10/2/2023 at 2:20 PM, BIGNEWY said:

There is a time delay if you want to rebind a steam account after it has been unbound. 

I did some more research and it is clear for me now. For the same account i can unbind and bind the steam how many time i want.
So not big deal this way.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Folks claiming this is only a minor inconvenience are the same ones who will say, "Well, you had to expect it would happen," when ED decides to trap your purchases after a transfer in the future. By the way, I did not read through the pages in this. ED should have put out better messaging about this change, IMHO.

9 minutes ago, Mikla said:

By the way, I did not read through the pages in this. 

Perhaps you should have, that way maybe you wouldn't have talked nonsense about "ED trapping your purchases"

9 minutes ago, Mikla said:

Folks claiming this is only a minor inconvenience are the same ones who will say, "Well, you had to expect it would happen," when ED decides to trap your purchases after a transfer in the future.

I started to play DCS on Steam, back on 2013, but moved to stand-alone after I realized its advantages (for me). I have absolutely no problem moving between Steam and Stand-alone, just a small update of my ED profile and I can go back to Steam whenever I want ... how is that "trapping" me?, I don't know, perhaps you could elaborate.

Of course it was better to move between my install without having to do anything at all, but you will have to thank the dishonest users that "lent" their Steam accounts while they played on Stand-alone, that such simple life is not possible anymore.

Same for the free-trials, where those same dishonest users created duplicate ED user accounts just so they could free-play for much longer periods of time .. it forced upon us the 2FA ... that one is really an inconvenience, and I opted to not use free-trials anymore, and I have to thank the dishonest users for that: thank you guys, hope your PCs will heat-melt.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB