DcsMax available

Skypat

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the same error :(

Tried both the "test.exe" and version 1.1 of this program.

what's your cpu ?

like i said (as written in readme)

only C2D and C4D are officially supported (ie: Exxxx and Qxxxx)

i have no AMD and no I7 to test the affinity API call :( so it's hard to tweak parameters

Edited by Skypat

dcsmax core engine support infinite number of cpu (only windows api limitation)

I can release a version displaying 8 cores but i need your complete feedbacks because i wont be able to test it

What I was trying to say is that checking Affinity Tool code you can workaround those bugs with AMD and i7 cpu in your tool :)

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

What I was trying to say is that checking Affinity Tool code you can workaround those bugs with AMD and i7 cpu in your tool :)

ah ok !

will take a look, but i think there is nothing specific to i7 or AMD

i'am pretty sure that i have a logical error somewhere in the code but i don't find it because i can't debug my code on a 8 core cpu...

what i will do in an upcoming version (will be released today)

- enable 8 checkbox on the main window

- check my code twice...

- look at jesse's utility code to be sure there is nothing specific to I7 or AMD (i'am pretty sure 'no', because the Windows API call is not CPU dependent)

stay tuned and sorry for I7/AMD users at this time :(

Skypat,

The tool works great for setting affinity, but it looks like TrackIR stops responding randomly when I use this. Is there a way to run the utility and NOT set affinity on TrackIR? It seems to set the affinity on the app when it is launched even if you don't select "Track IR" in the utility.

Are you Harms from french checksix forums ?

btw try this version and tell me if it work better for you

http://www.checksix-fr.com/files/dcsmax/dcsMax_test.exe

(others users, if you don't have this error, don't use this link)

strange you have some errors because i use it on vista 64 :D

I always got the same error... but works perfectly on Windows XP.

Ah oui et je ne suis pas Harms ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And... Hum... Sorry for my english...

hello

ok DcsMax 1.2a is available

DcsMax.jpg

---

- 8 cores are now supported

- Added 3 custom buttons to launch your utilities from DcsMax :)

just click on the text below each button to show the path to your utility

hope you will enjoy to launch your own beloved utilities ;)

Download: http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?Fichier=5777

first post updated !

Best regards

Skypat

Edited by Skypat

I am getting an error "cannot open.\BlackShark\BlackShark.lua:No such file or directory"

I am able to use V1.1 and on 1.2 I added GFKeys and TSOverlay. How are you able to delete utilities you add?

BTW -- 1.1 still works for me

[sIGPIC]http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/16th_Relic/16th-sig.jpg[/sIGPIC]

AMD 965BE, 8GB RAM, ATI5750, Track IR4,TM MFD's, CH FS,PT,PP

"You can take my CH setup when you pry it from my dead, cold hands..."

I am getting an error "cannot open.\BlackShark\BlackShark.lua:No such file or directory"

I am able to use V1.1 and on 1.2 I added GFKeys and TSOverlay. How are you able to delete utilities you add?

BTW -- 1.1 still works for me

if you want to change your custom utilities, just click again on the text below

if you want to remove a custom button utilities, DcsMax.ini is located in your personne application data folder

on vista

C:\Users\YOUR_ACCOUN_NAME\AppData\Roaming\DcsMax\DcsMax.ini

just remove C1 to C3 line or Delete DcsMax.ini :D

[Path]

c1_exe=C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Copperhead\razercfg.exe

c2_exe=C:\Program Files (x86)\HOTAS\Foxy.exe

c3_exe=C:\Program Files (x86)\HOTAS\HOTASConfig.exe

[start]

tir=1

i will add a reset feature in next version ;)

I've only tried 1.2a twice but it seems to work fine. Thanks for making this affinity thing a little easier. However...

I have two DCS installs, one English and one Russian. DCSMax defaults to the RU version which I don't want to use. I am able to point it to the EN install but on the next run it again resets to the RU version.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

do you know how to edit your registry ?

go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Eagle Dynamics\BlackShark

then change the 'path' value to your english install

BTW you can also run BlackShark by official way (desktop shorcut), DcsMax will detect the launch and will set the affinity correctly ;)

I've only tried 1.2a twice but it seems to work fine. Thanks for making this affinity thing a little easier. However...

I have two DCS installs, one English and one Russian. DCSMax defaults to the RU version which I don't want to use. I am able to point it to the EN install but on the next run it again resets to the RU version.

Edited by Skypat

Just a very minor feature request: don't allow two instances of the program to run at once. I don't know if it can create any problem (perhaps, who knows!), but it's just annoying when one forgets it has the program already loaded and double click it again :p

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Just a very minor feature request: don't allow two instances of the program to run at once. I don't know if it can create any problem (perhaps, who knows!), but it's just annoying when one forgets it has the program already loaded and double click it again :p

you just need to click one time then button will be disable :)

don't doubleclick ;)

will try to fix the doubleclick issue in next version ;)

Nice tool Skypat.

However, I get about 10-15% less FPS using this tool than I do when using my script (DSCAff). Using an identical runway start mission, after multiple tests, I get 50-52 FPS using my script, while I get 43-45 FPS using your tool.

I am almost certain that this is as a result of your tool setting dcs.exe's affinity too quickly after it launches. I see your script sets the affinity within a few seconds after launch. I believe that as a result, the load on multiple CPUs seems to be very concentrated on CPU 0 and 1. Using your tool, I get about 85% load on CPU 0, about 65% on CPU 1, and about 5% load on CPU 2 and 3.

With my script, I get a much more balanced load across the cores, and significantly better FPS. This was I believe the only difference is that my script waits at least 30 seconds after DCS.exe launches to set the affinity. After much testing, I found that the best performance was achieved by setting the affinity only after the user was already in the cockpit, which is the reason I put in the long delay.

You may want to consider adjusting the delay to improve performance. Just a suggestion...

DCSmax 1.2a with 8 cores box on Corei7 920 , only 4 boxes tickable , 4 others are grayed out and unticked/untickable.

might be a local setting on my end ? I'm pretty sure I have hyperthreading enabled as my MB bios settings are default .

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

Im a little confused here myself, "advent m" asked the same question I had in mind, but I did not see a response. I currently use Vista Ultimate 64 with the affinity script and it works fine, Will this utility do anything more for me than what I already have? Thanks,

My specs:

Tower = LIAN LI PC-61

Mobo = GIGABYTE GA-X38-DQ6 LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Ultra Durable 2(BIOS F7)

Power Supply = Thermaltake Purepower TWV 500W

CPU = Intel Core 2 Q6600 GO Stepping (Over Clocked to 3.6)

CPU Heat Sync = Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler Model U-120E

CPU Heat Sync Fan = Scythe S-FLEX 120mm Case Fan, 1600 RPM Model SFF21F

CPU Heat Sync Thermal Paste = Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

Memory = Crucial Ballistix 4 GB DDR2 SDRAM 800 (PC2 6400) (4-4-4-12 @ 2.2v)

Hard Drive 1 = Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB WD5000AAKS SATA 2 (Windows XP Pro 32)

Hard Drive 2 = Hitachi 160 Gig SATA 2 (Vista Ultimate 64)

GPU = EVGA GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0

DVD/CD Burner = Asus DVD Burner DRW-2014L1T SATA 2

Sound Card = Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Sound Card

Monitor = Gateway XHD3000 30" Widescreen (2560 x 1600 resolution)

OS = Win XP Pro 32 Bit & Vista Ultimate 64

Fantom G-Force GF500EU 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache USB 2.0 / eSATA External Hard Drive

Cougar HOTAS & Rudders

TrackIR 4 Pro

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

hello

yes you should check your Hyperthreading settings in bios

i think it's disabled

best regards

Skypat

DCSmax 1.2a with 8 cores box on Corei7 920 , only 4 boxes tickable , 4 others are grayed out and unticked/untickable.

might be a local setting on my end ? I'm pretty sure I have hyperthreading enabled as my MB bios settings are default .

hello

waiting 30s don't do anything on a C2D, maybe it' s specific to C4D ?:huh:

best regards

Nice tool Skypat.

However, I get about 10-15% less FPS using this tool than I do when using my script (DSCAff). Using an identical runway start mission, after multiple tests, I get 50-52 FPS using my script, while I get 43-45 FPS using your tool.

I am almost certain that this is as a result of your tool setting dcs.exe's affinity too quickly after it launches. I see your script sets the affinity within a few seconds after launch. I believe that as a result, the load on multiple CPUs seems to be very concentrated on CPU 0 and 1. Using your tool, I get about 85% load on CPU 0, about 65% on CPU 1, and about 5% load on CPU 2 and 3.

With my script, I get a much more balanced load across the cores, and significantly better FPS. This was I believe the only difference is that my script waits at least 30 seconds after DCS.exe launches to set the affinity. After much testing, I found that the best performance was achieved by setting the affinity only after the user was already in the cockpit, which is the reason I put in the long delay.

You may want to consider adjusting the delay to improve performance. Just a suggestion...

still looking at how to set up hyperthreading , found nothing in my bios so far , will google it in a few minutes .

TESTING UPDATES , FRAMERATES

BS without affinity ======== 19 fps

Affinity manually===========32 fps <<<here's the kicker

Jesse's==================26 fps

DCSMax 1.1 and 1.2a========25 fps

I'd like to test wombat's but don't know how , I put the cmd thing in bin/ stable and run it and it says can't find launcher .

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|