DcsMax available

Skypat

"(same as wombat778 DSCAff script)", so there is no reason for me to convert if Im already using wombats script is how I interpret this statement.

From my testing, DcsMax should provide the the same performance as my script and as setting affinity manually (e.g., the best performance possible). So there is no performance reason to switch. The only reason to switch is that DcsMax is far more polished than my script and has some additional features. Lets put it this way, I am using DcsMax now ;)

@Frakin: The last version of the DCS:BS Affinity tool (Jesse's tool) that I tested had the same issue that the first versions of DcsMax had, e.g., it set the affinity too quickly after launch causing reduced performance at least on some quad-core machines like mine. I mentioned it to Jesse, but I do not know whether he has fixed that in more recent versions. My suggestion is to try both and see if you get a performance difference between them.

At the end of the day, all these tools do the same thing, set the affinity of DCS to multiple processors. There is basically a limit to how much improvement this trick can yield. So long as the proper delay is implemented, there should no performance difference between any of them. The only differences should be features and convenience, so pick whichever you like best.

Edited by wombat778

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Wombat,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Yeah, I know what you mean about having to read through posts when you really dont have the time. But I guess if you want to know something, you have to decide whether or not it is important enough to make the time. I have found that alot of people on here do not like people asking the same question that others have already inquired about. I think it angers them that people just jump in here and dont do any research on thier own 1st to see if the question or topic has already been discussed or not. I guess its commonly known as being rude. Assuming you are not that type of person, I was asking you if you were asking the same question I have already asked because if you were not ( I assumed you were not because you would have already known what my question was because you know to read the thread before asking duplicate questions), I was interested in your perspective vs mine. I thought there might be a new twist to this other than what was obviouse to me. So again, is there something more to your question then what was not already covered here? I believe my question was already answered so far, but if you have something to add to it, those of us interested would love to hear of it. Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

How is this superior to DCS:BS Affinity Tool?

I would also like to know the answer, if it gives better results then good old DCS:BS Affinity Tool. I'm on Core2Duo.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Yeah, I know what you mean about having to read through posts when you really dont have the time. But I guess if you want to know something, you have to decide whether or not it is important enough to make the time. I have found that alot of people on here do not like people asking the same question that others have already inquired about. I think it angers them that people just jump in here and dont do any research on thier own 1st to see if the question or topic has already been discussed or not. I guess its commonly known as being rude. Assuming you are not that type of person, I was asking you if you were asking the same question I have already asked because if you were not ( I assumed you were not because you would have already known what my question was because you know to read the thread before asking duplicate questions), I was interested in your perspective vs mine. I thought there might be a new twist to this other than what was obviouse to me. So again, is there something more to your question then what was not already covered here? I believe my question was already answered so far, but if you have something to add to it, those of us interested would love to hear of it. Thanks

Oh i thought you were just being proper sarcastic.

I was just curious if this did anything more than the program i already have to use multiple cores. Also i can't actually make said time in my job.

Yeah, I cant make said time at my job either, thats why i do this when Im home,,,,, and based on your statement, looks like you were asking the same question as I was,,,

I run BS on vista 64 home premium and averaged 15 to 20 fps. Since using DCSMAX I've noticed about a 10 fps increase. Thanx for the tool.

BTW, is it possible to further increase my fps?

An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

Yes, but to be honest, i didnt really noticed any huge fps impact. Running vista 64 here.

Maybe because of multithreading..?

Switch it off in the bios and boost 40% more fps (or this is what others claim)

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

I tried again in a custom mission with just the BS, i get the same fps 38-30 with and without DCS Max. Im on Vista 64 SP2. Monitoring CPU usage it does seem more evened out with the tool. Any ideas?

Thanks

Do you run BS in fullscreen mode? Check the settings in BS options.

I would advice to try turning fullscreen mode on/off. Please tell us the results.

929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

thanks for responding. same results with full screen on/off. i tried the battle mission, as well as a custom mission with just the bs, and same fps 30-38 approx. another member suggested i may be bottlenecked with the graphics card: 2x7800gtx on e8400 @ 3.0. monitoring cpu, defiently using both more evenly with skypats util>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe the game only knows how to use one graphics card, but don't take that as gospel. But if that is a fact it is entirely possible that your 7800's are hindering your performance. If so, you would not get any extra gains from tweaking the CPU.

And on another note - Vista 64 SP2? When did SP2 get released?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Damn you, I was scurrying about trying to find a reference because I didn't want to be left out! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

;657890']Works perfect for XP with AMD 6400. :thumbup:

Thanx S!

Sorry I haven't been reading through all 10 pages of replies, but:

COUGAR: What do you mean by "works perfect" ?

I have AMD X2 5200+ and the difference is barely noticeable. Few FPS up, yes, but I'd hesitate calling it "perfect".

Which is by no means meant in the bad way, it's just that we have all been warned XP users won't see much difference. OS problem or something.

COUGAR, please state what is "perfect" for you. As I sure as hell wish it would be perfect for me too. :)

The most difference I've seen so far is by turning cockpit detail to 256. Great boost, 10-15 FPS! Love it!

UPDATE:

I'm terribly sorry, my fault, haven't detected the new DCSMax 1.4, will try it today after work.

Edited by davek1979
new info

...well someone has to move the mud!!!

It would be interesting to see any difference while using XP. Up to this point, it has been known that even using wombats script (which has been my experience myself) that there is no difference using any affinity settings in XP. Vista on the other hand has shown remarkable differences. For me, I use the script and I have doubled my frame rate over XP using Vista. I am now in the process of creating a triple boot config using Windows 7. Although I have been advised that I probably wont see much, if any difference, compared to Vista, I just have to see for myself

I tried the DCSMax 1.4. XP SP3, AMD X2 5200+.

Absolutely no difference in FPS. And I mean the difference is ZERO.

So COUGAR, could you now be a bit more specific about your experience ?

like described in DcsMax readme.txt , people will see see few difference on XP system.

only people with XP64 may see some improvement (about 10%)

BTWi have some report about some improvement on XP32.

on vista64 (with 4 go RAM) the improvement is about 40-50% (C2D or C4D)

i can't talk about i7, i don't know.

but you need a 3D card which don't limit your CPU

best regards

Skypat