What's going on with our AI A-6E?

ShinyMikey

The 2.9 changelog was just posted and still no AI A-6. Back in May, HB posted that the AI A-6E would be coming in the summer...and now it is Oct. I know HB is hard at work on the F-4E (which I am really looking forward to), and I know the AI A-6 is not the highest priority, but it has been years now since we saw it flying in a video. I don't mean to complain too much, but would love some info from HB on when we will see it and maybe what the holdup has been.null

image.png

• Like 7

@ShinyMikey this is the latest info on the A-6 AI which is from last month.  Cobra says it is definitely coming this year same as the F-4.  Heatblur is in crunch time for the F-4 and that is holding up things like the A-6 AI, F-14A early, TARPS, etc. as they rush towards the F-4 release.  It would be nice to know why it was allowed into DCS videos when they clearly aren't happy with it because as an AI it just needs basic functionality and a good external model.  Now for the full release obviously it needs a cockpit, deeper systems, interactivity, etc.

As to why you found it in the ME list, probably the same reason the F-15E Suite 4 showed up in the list on an OB patch before that release and just like the A-6 that was quickly patched out as it's not intended to be there.  The F-15 glitch did have the full model visible in game though.

Capture.PNG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

• 2 weeks later...

Heat should keep to its promises when selling a product. 

The A-6 Was a big add-on for the sale of the F14. 

And years later still no A-6 . 

One reason I bought the F14 was because of the A6 add-on. 

• Like 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

3 hours ago, KoN said:

It was supposed to be free AI asset. How is buying the F-14 related? It's like buying Hornet just to use free Stennis.

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 11/8/2023 at 9:33 AM, ruxtmp said:

VSN has an A-6 but an early model that you can use. Other than not being an A-6E shape I dont see how the Heatblur AI will be any different in what it does regarding dropping steel on target.

Yeah, I have the vsn model for deck decoration on a few practice missions I have. But the vsn A-6 is a mod..so it is no good in multiplayer, same as downloaded skins. To fit things into multiplayer missions so that they can be put up on the server and anyone can easily join and fly, we need the A-6E to be a default DCS AI aircraft.

On 11/2/2023 at 9:31 AM, KoN said:

Heat should keep to its promises when selling a product. 

The A-6 Was a big add-on for the sale of the F14. 

And years later still no A-6 . 

Bovine excrement.

You'd have got the A-6 whether you bought the F-14 or not. How you got that so profoundly misconstrued I can't begin to fathom, but the fact that you spent money you didn't need to well that's on you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Bovine excrement.

You'd have got the A-6 whether you bought the F-14 or not. How you got that so profoundly misconstrued I can't begin to fathom, but the fact that you spent money you didn't need to well that's on you.

😂

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

The A6 was advertised as a wing man for the F14 .

ie you could use the A6 for combat missions flying along side the new heatblur f14 . 

Years down the line And Still waiting for A6 . That's what I'm getting at . 

• Like 1

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 4 weeks later...

Nice new screenshot of the A-6, apparently taken from the Heatblur Discord.

• Like 1

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

On 11/21/2023 at 1:06 AM, KoN said:

The A6 was advertised as a wing man for the F14 .

It'd be nice to see A-6 in the same sortie but certainly not as a wingman for F-14!

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

15 hours ago, draconus said:

It'd be nice to see A-6 in the same sortie but certainly not as a wingman for F-14!

Most definitely can't wait even better when the community can fly it in VR or flat screen. 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .