Multiple Routes in the TSD - Noice!

SloppyDog

Well, this one went below the radar (pun intended):

If you add a route, and then additional Navigation Target Points with names as 1B, 2B, 3B...1C, 2C, 3 C...  the additional routes will appear on the TSD, UFC and HUD. The Auto Pilot does not steer automatically to them as soon as you select the new routes in the UFC (By pressing 1A, 2A...1B, 2B, etc.). Unless you find yourself in the general direction of the selected point in the new route, then the A/P will steer to it.

Very nice feature! Thanks Ed and RAZBAM!

F-15 - 2.9.  Changelog.png

Screen_231020_192840.png

Screen_231020_192847.png

Screen_231020_193000.png

Screen_231020_193302.png

Screen_231021_180357.png

Screen_231021_180309.png

Screen_231021_224256.png

Screen_231021_224249.png

Screen_231021_224207.png

Screen_231021_224133.png

Screen_231021_224113.png

Screen_231021_224050.png

F-15SE-NEVADA - New Routes-TFR TEST.miz

Edited by SloppyDog
Changing the Screen shots for clearer ones
  • Like 1

That looks pretty useful but I can't make it work and can't see how to do it in the manual either - are you just naming it "1A" or "4B" or whatever it might be in the comment section of the Navigation Target Points menu like your last image, or is it in the name field on the waypoint page, like when you use #T to designate a target point? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Buster0083 said:

That looks pretty useful but I can't make it work and can't see how to do it in the manual either - are you just naming it "1A" or "4B" or whatever it might be in the comment section of the Navigation Target Points menu like your last image, or is it in the name field on the waypoint page, like when you use #T to designate a target point? 

EDIT: Put together all the information, including @KlarSnow invaluable help.

Works like this:

1) Create your route, as normally is done: these will be points 1A, 2A, etc.

2) In order to create alternative routes you create a new Nav Point in the Navigation Points Section and name them 1B, 2B, 3B, etc... Or you can name them 1C, 2C, 3C... it doesn't matter the sequence, i.e., you can create a point 1B then a 2B, or a 1B then a 1C, it works the same.

3) The alternate routes will not appear on the ME, but once you are in the jet and on the TSD page, press the the squared A at the bottom of the screen and you will see the alternative routes (B or C).

4) In order to create Target Points or transform a waypoint into a Target point do as follows:

For the main route (A) add a #T before the point: Example Waypoint 2 will be written as #T2 in the waypoint name window.

For the alternate routes (B and C) add a dot after the waypoint number as 2B., 3B., 2C., 3C., etc.

To create offset points for these points you write them as 2.01B, 2.02B, 3.01B, 3.02B... 2.01C, 3.01C, etc.

5)  You can also add Markpoints, by adding a navigation Point and labeling it M1, M2, M3... They show up on the TSD and Radar pages as small triangles.

6) The radar can show the alternate routes points on the screen, but in order for them to be shown the route has to be changed in the UFC first.

7) You can also add a Base point for airstarts by creating a point simply labelled B. 

Attached is a mission I made to test/show the alternate routes feature.

F-15SE-NEVADA - New Routes-TFR TEST.miz

Edited by SloppyDog
Correcting wrong information
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Offset and target points do work on alternate routes you label them exactly as you see in the UFC.

You can also see the B and C route on the A/G radar, but you have to be steering to it on the UFC, you cant cycle through them without steering to them like you can on the TSD.

Avoidance points are not implemented yet. That will probably be waiting for a TSD overhaul and a lot of the functionality that should go with that.

Offset and target points and aimpoints on the B route

nullimage.png

B route on the A/G radar

image.png

C route on the A/G radar and the TSD

image.png

And the Aimpoint for the B route

image.png

Target and Offsets for the B route

image.png

Edited by KlarSnow
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KlarSnow said:

Offset and target points do work on alternate routes you label them exactly as you see in the UFC.

You can also see the B and C route on the A/G radar, but you have to be steering to it on the UFC, you cant cycle through them without steering to them like you can on the TSD.

Avoidance points are not implemented yet. That will probably be waiting for a TSD overhaul and a lot of the functionality that should go with that.

Offset and target points and aimpoints on the B route

null

B route on the A/G radar

C route on the A/G radar and the TSD

And the Aimpoint for the B route

Target and Offsets for the B route

@KlarSnow thank you.

This is really a great feature.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SloppyDog said:

Sorry, I made a mistake in the last image:

Works like this:

1) Create your route, as normally is done: these will be points 1A, 2A, etc.

2) In order to create alternative routes you create a new Nav Point in the Navigation Points Section and name them 1B, 2B, 3B, etc... Or you can name them 1C, 2C, 3C... it doesn't matter the sequence, i.e., you can create a point 1B then a 2B, or a 1B then a 1C, it works the same.

3) That's it. The alternate routes will not appear on the ME, but once you are in the jet and on the TSD page, press the the squared A at the bottom of the screen and you will see the alternative routes (B or C).

P.S.:   Offset points and Target points do not work for alternate routes. The radar also does not show the alternate routes points on the screen. 

P.S.2: You can also add Markpoints, by adding a navigation Point and labeling it M1, M2, M3... They show up on the TSD as small triangles.

Attached is a mission I made to test/show the alternate routes feature.

Screen_231021_180309.png

Screen_231021_180357.png

Screen_231021_190632.png

Screen_231021_190703.png

F-15SE-NEVADA - New Routes-TFR TEST.miz 11.27 kB · 1 download

That's fantastic, thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Additionally if you want to do the A route with navpoints, that also works, it will overwrite the main route you have entered. You can also do multiple Bullseyes with B1-B10, there is no way to change which bullseye the aircraft is using right now though, so B1 is all that you can have on the displays. You can look at the bullseyes in the steerpoint submenu and see that they have been entered.

Listpoints also work, L1-L99 IIRC is the limit there. and you can then use them to build routes quickly by matching listpoints to steerpoints. There is no editing Listpoints in the jet though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SloppyDog said:

EDIT: Put together all the information, including @KlarSnow invaluable help.

Great info, thanks a lot for sharing 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

On a couple of tutorial videos I saw the routes without the last leg on TSD (back to home plate). How this can be done? Whatever I do in ME (i.e. the last steer point setting as landing on another airfield) in the jet I always have the leg back on the TSD.

On 11/5/2023 at 5:43 PM, DanWolo4 said:

On a couple of tutorial videos I saw the routes without the last leg on TSD (back to home plate). How this can be done? Whatever I do in ME (i.e. the last steer point setting as landing on another airfield) in the jet I always have the leg back on the TSD.

You mean...back to the starting point? You have to pay atention to where you insert the last point in the route. If you insert it close to the starting airport and select Landing, it will move to the closest airport it finds.

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:43 PM, DanWolo4 said:

These videos are outdated, the aircraft always draws the route back to base point after the last steer point, and this was fixed with the TSD route update.

• Like 1