2.9 - Object Camera with Position Inheritance [RSHFT+RCTRL+F2]

Mistermann
Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

Not sure where to post this.  Mods, please move accordingly.

The update to 2.9 introduced 2 new "go pro" cameras called

Object Local Camera [RCTRL+F2] and Object Camera with Position Inheritance [RSHFT+RCTRL+F2]

How do I bind these cameras to my HOTAS?  I fly in VR and don't use the keyboard at all.  When I try and use the controller setup, the system doesn't allow me to bind anything but the keyboard to these cameras.

Can someone please point me to the proper way (lua files?) to enable binding of these cameras to something other than the keyboard.

Thanks!

bad.jpg

Edited by Mistermann
Added image

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

@Flappie and/or @BIGNEWY, I suspect I posted this in a bad place.  Maybe it gets more traction in the videos and screenshots sub forum?  I don't want to cross post.  Can you move or recommend a better home for this topic?

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

I have not used it in a while but I was able to use key combinations using Voice Attack

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

7 hours ago, Revs said:

I have not used it in a while but I was able to use key combinations using Voice Attack

Thanks.  I haven't used VA in quite some time, but I suspect you bound the keyboard combinations to your VA command. 

I am asking how I can assign new HOTAS bindings to this command.  For some reason the DCS configuration isn't allowing that.  Its difficult to see in the image I posted above, but the cells underneath my HOTAS peripheral devices is a different color indicating those cells are locked from being edited.

Taking a shot in the dark here - hey, @Rudel_chw, any ideas?  

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• Solution
1 hour ago, Mistermann said:

I am asking how I can assign new HOTAS bindings to this command.  For some reason the DCS configuration isn't allowing that.  Its difficult to see in the image I posted above, but the cells underneath my HOTAS peripheral devices is a different color indicating those cells are locked from being edited.

Taking a shot in the dark here - hey, @Rudel_chw, any ideas?  

Hi,

I'm not really versed on this, but look at this folder:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Input\Aircrafts

(it may be different if you have a custom DCS install path)

There is a common_keyboard_binding.lua file, which contains the sentence that defines the binding for the keyboard, for example:

{combos = {{key = 'F2', reformers = {'RCtrl', 'RShift'}}}, down = iCommandViewObjectWithPosition, name = _('Object camera with position inheritance'), category = _('View')},

Now, if you check the file used by the Hotas, common_joystick_binding.lua, you will see that it does not have a definition for this iCommandViewObjectWithPosition function, but you can add it like this:

{combos = {down = iCommandViewObjectWithPosition, name = _('Object camera with position inheritance'), category = _('View')},

Of course, before editing make backups of the affected files, just in case.

Editing files within the DCS program folder may break the IC multiplayer integrity, so you probably would like to use the Quaggles utility:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks @Rudel_chw, I'll give it a shot when I'm back at the DCS computer.  

EDIT:  Worked exactly like you predicted.  I can now bind that command to a HOTAS.  You, sir, are awesome!  Thanks for helping out a fellow DCS fanatic.  

Edited by Mistermann
Rudel's suggestion worked
  • Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod