Final release date prediction

_BringTheReign_

On 1/28/2024 at 4:15 AM, Gunfreak said:

Then I'm curious what exactly do you like? Guns only?

On 1/26/2024 at 2:09 PM, =475FG= Dawger said:

As PvP BFM/WVR ACM Aficionados, my group is looking forward to the Phantom to get back to beating up on Migs. All we want are a gun and some heaters, wings that stay on during normal BFM and afterburners. 

I am confident HB will deliver all of the above in the next 60-90 days. 

We started out as a group 26 years ago flying PvP only online titles. They were all guns only, WWII era. Over the years we have flown all the PvP titles, going where the fight was best, usually guns only but DCS with Alpenwolf's Cold War server, with its steady diet of guns and rear aspect only missiles, was pretty awesome(Guns and Poppas, as my longtime wingman is fond of saying).

We generally avoided more advanced missiles because we have some real world aviators with concerns about disclosing classified techniques in the heat of the moment.

However, some of our younger members enjoy that stuff so I dipped my toes in it just enough to discover its pretty dull from the shooter side.

My wingman and I do enjoy jousting a BVR opponent as a wing pair and suckering them into a well laid trap with a guns kill finish but have no interest in shooting radar missiles.

I feel the same way about most guided A/G weapons although we did have some great fun in Alpenwolf dropping Laser GBU's off a combined arms human mark. The fun there is the required teamwork to get the bomb on target and getting in and out against human opponents defending the target. Alas, those days of glory are gone.

I do admit we are a very niche group, being exclusive to PvP in DCS. I take it even further, never flying without a wingman. I like the teamwork and the more teamwork the better. I'd probably enjoy flying with a human WSO but even our former WSO won't get in back (who would?)

At the moment, we are almost all not flying DCS, realizing that after 2 years the F-5 was never going to be un-FUBARED. Waiting on the F-4E to, hopefully, change that.

• Like 2

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
They started the pre sale to early this is taking to long, last time i do this.
It takes the same amount of time regardless if they start the pre-sale 3 months before, or 3 days before release lol. It'll come when it's ready.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Razor68 said:

Most high profile modules seem to take anywhere from 5-6 months for the pre-orders. Don't know how this is surprising to anyone at all. 

• Like 5

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Pretty sure the Kiowa will be released first now. emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Maybe not, because the phantom already has an active pre-order and some hype has already been created

• Like 1

:pilotfly:

8 minutes ago, Miro said:

Maybe not, because the phantom already has an active pre-order and some hype has already been created

Well, the Kiowa won't have a pre-order, will release as directly as a full version and not into early Access. Has already been delivered to ED for release review, while HB are still coding away, which I am basing my theory on.😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Well, the Kiowa won't have a pre-order, will release as directly as a full version and not into early Access. Has already been delivered to ED for release review, while HB are still coding away, which I am basing my theory on.😉

I sincerely hope so. But I would've expected something recent from Barundas or Casmo maybe......

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cyborg71 said:

I sincerely hope so. But I would've expected something recent from Barundas or Casmo maybe......

To be fair, what could be considered the cold start videos were technically released in January of last year in Barundus' channel. 

Edited by LorenLuke
  • Like 1

10 часов назад, MAXsenna сказал:

Chizh said that this will not happen 

11 minutes ago, hermes7226 said:
Chizh said that this will not happen 

Well, then I guess I'm wrong. So what? But that'd be super bad practice. If the Kiowa is ready while it has to wait for the release of the F-4, only because the F-4 is more requested and popular? We'll see guess. 😉

Edit: Re-read. What is actually not going to happen? You don't specify. 

Edited by MAXsenna
Emoji
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

If the Kiowa is ready while it has to wait for the release of the F-4, only because the F-4 is more requested and popular? We'll see guess. 😉

Part of me hopes the Kiowa does come first since that's also been a long time coming.  It's basically gonna come down to what the patch cycle actually ends up being and who gets done with ED QA testing first. 

The February update could push the 6 week cycle into April making the F-4 miss the March release deadline.  That and whether or not Heatblur is correct about their testing team, since ED has yet to recieve a release candidate of the F-4.  Heatblur has said they have a good enough testing team that it will make the ED QA testing easier, but I would think that no matter how good the module is, it will take at least a couple of weeks of ED testing to get it tested and properly into an update patch.  I suppose we'll find out eventually, but I will be pleasantly surprised if we don't see yet another delay.  Need my A-6E AI and the Early F-14A.  Oh and the F-4E might be nice too 😁

Edited by Stackup
typo
  • Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

Part of me hopes the Kiowa does come first since that's also been a long time coming.  It's basically gonna come down to what the patch cycle actually ends up being and who gets done with ED QA testing first. 
The February update could push the 6 week cycle into April making the F-4 miss the March release deadline.  That and whether or not Heatblur is correct about their testing team, since ED has yet to recieve a release candidate of the F-4.  Heatblur has said they have a good enough testing team that it will make the ED QA testing easier, but I would think that no matter how good the module is, it will take at least a couple of weeks of ED testing to get it tested and properly into an update patch.  I suppose we'll find out eventually, but I will be pleasantly surprised if we don't see yet another delay.  Need my A-6E AI and the Early F-14A.  Oh and the F-4E might be nice too 
Totally agree with your assessment!

54 minutes ago, Stackup said:

The February update could push the 6 week cycle into April making the F-4 miss the March release deadline.  That and whether or not Heatblur is correct about their testing team, since ED has yet to recieve a release candidate of the F-4.  Heatblur has said they have a good enough testing team that it will make the ED QA testing easier, but I would think that no matter how good the module is, it will take at least a couple of weeks of ED testing to get it tested and properly into an update patch.  I suppose we'll find out eventually, but I will be pleasantly surprised if we don't see yet another delay.  Need my A-6E AI and the Early F-14A.  Oh and the F-4E might be nice too 😁

From experience - I was at one point a QA manger and have worked on a few AAA titles - I would expect ED has had access and made builds with these modules for quite some time, even if they weren't testable in the way people assume. The earlier you can get code into your builds, the easier it is to pick up regressed issues elsewhere in the product. The easier it is to get your CI/CD process and associated automated tests in place so as they deliver more and more of the module it's easier to test and certify. We've already seen the F4E in many different videos anyway, so it's a bit of a giveaway.

• Like 4

On 2/10/2024 at 4:32 PM, Razor68 said:

Just don't sign up for the pre-sale the day it goes up as they usually drag out for a while. Plus there is pretty much always at least some big hints dropped a few days before actual release, so there is little fear of missing the discount boat if you're the kind of person who checks in on the forums every few days.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2023 at 4:29 PM, _BringTheReign_ said:

On October 26th, 2023, Heatblur posted this image on their social media:

May be a black-and-white image

For context, on October 29th, 2016, this was the logo at the end of the "Ghosts and Thunder" Viggen teaser trailer:

image.png?ex=654e37df&is=653bc2df&hm=700

The Viggen was teased on October 29th, the Pre-Order date was one month later on November 28th, and the release was two months after that on January 27th. 

As for the Phantom, a few times now HB has mentioned they are hoping for a shorter Pre-Order period.

Therefore! My prediction is Phantom release by Christmas. Thank you.

That aged well!

• Like 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."