Cockpit Glass Textures in 4k - Scratches are too dense - cannot see

Bosun

Running 4k res, 

In: F-5E, and F-14 so far: 

nullI posted this a while back - but it's still not been fixed and it can be mission-breaking for me.  

It gets better with 1080p, but I still believe these scratches are too 'hard' and opaque, for how your eye would focus around them, and certainly at 4k resolution, they're simply much too tiled and dense.  

Is there a .lua line I can edit to get these more reasonable -or can ED simply allow the cockpit glass mod to pass IC again, for the sake of being able to see in low-angle light? 🙂

image.jpeg

Screen_230323_172945.jpg

Screen_231029_013507.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 6:12 PM, Bosun said:

@NineLine Is there some option or .lua I can edit to fix this tiling? 

those are definitely dense. in f-16 i do not have much in the way of scratches. i have a 3440 x 1440 resolution and DSR in the nvidia settings. as far as IC settings, i think that is still in the works. i personally think they should just add a special option for canopy glass new / old or something like that. like they did for the A-10 weathered cockpit.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 4 months later...

@NineLine 

Push!

Even though that is less of a bug and more of an outdated "feature" that urgently needs an update!

But the effect is such a letdown compared to the overall raised visual fidelity of the game - it's a shame.

Please ED, if the priorities doesn't allow currently for new/better legacy canopy scratches - at least remove them.

TY

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I totally agree, it's very annoying and the scratches appear out of nowhere

• Like 1

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !