25 minutes ago, Dos said:

OMG it transforms!

Hmm, just hinges off the F-18 UFC

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

8 hours ago, Dos said:

Let me edit this so MSally approves "just hinges off the F-18 UFC" and then OMG it transforms!

Is that better?

Honestly, As an exclusively VR player, I've been eyeing a 'Phoenix MIP' for quite some time. But since I don't spend nearly as much stick time in the Hornet as I do in the Viper, I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.  Having a QUICK change ICP/UFC... well... I'll be watching the WW webstore like a hawk...

MSI Z790 Carbon - i9-139000k - RTX 4090 - 64GB DDR5 - (3x) WD SN850X - HP Reverb G2

Question for the VR pilots, are you combining this type of device with Pass through cameras ? So you can operate them in VR.

Edited by evanswillo

AMD 7800X3D, MSI PRO X670-P WIFI (AM5)32GB RGB DDR5 6000MHz Nvidia 4090

HP Reverb G2

HOTAS Virpil CM3 Joystick Throttle & Pedals

4 hours ago, evanswillo said:

Question for the VR pilots, are you combining this type of device with Pass through cameras ? So you can operate them in VR.

For me, No... all by touch/muscle memory.   I'm currently using a pair of Cougar MFDs and a 4x8 streamdeck programmed as the ICP.  I have Braille keyboard markers on specific keys and an image of the mapping on a kneeboard page if I forget. (But at this point, I never really reference it anymore). 

image.png

Edited by Mk1_Trebuchet

MSI Z790 Carbon - i9-139000k - RTX 4090 - 64GB DDR5 - (3x) WD SN850X - HP Reverb G2

Maybe I'm slow, but I'm confused. Does this require the Hornet UFC? Or can it just be joined with it if you already have it. It seems like it's standalone but I honestly can't tell. 

Looks awesome though. Layout is right off the image of the Block 70 on Lockheed's website, which I think is badass. 

Im really impressed with what winwing is doing these days. I have their f18 setup with mfds and ufc as well as the Orion 2 throttle with f18 and 16 throttles. I love it. I fly only in vr but the mfds are and ufc are very easy to use. I can use the pass through on the pico if I need to do more on the ufc. I’m pretty sure I’ll get this f16 icp! 
I just wish now they’d make an Apache TEDAC 😀

• 1 month later...

I'll have a small review up over the weekend.

20231218_191916.jpg

3 hours ago, MustangSally said:

I'll have a small review up over the weekend.

20231218_191916.jpg

We have an almost identical rig setup! Even the same pc case! I’m very happy with the winwing stuff so far and also extremely happy with the NLR setup. 

On 11/6/2023 at 1:08 PM, evanswillo said:

For what I've seen on reviews the enter button is the "longest" with the recall button being slightly shorter and the rest of the buttons shorter than that. There is one brail dot under the 2 and 2 brail dots under the six. So VR shouldn't be a problem

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

Well you can reset the configuration in SimApp Pro with the "Restore default configuration" tab. Worth a try in any case.

Other than that you should maybe check for a firmware or software update. When I received mine a firmware update was available and a few days prior to launch the SimApp Pro software received an update.

The current firmware for the ICP should read 1.01.

However mine never did any of that. I would assume a faulty display to be honest.

It is probably a case for the horrendous support. 😔

Go into Simappro, select the ICP in devices and click on the following..

All LCD off - Display should go blank

Then click the buttons below in order - you should see individual patterns display.

If that works fine, you have an issue with DCS or windows