Anyone else getting lags spikes in Multiplayer ?

HC_Official

Since 2.9 has anyone else been getting lots of intermittent big lag spikes ?

I know for sure it is MP lag, because the guys I was flying with all got the lag at exactly the same time as me

Edited by HC_Official
  • Like 2

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• HC_Official changed the title to Anyone else getting lags spikes in Multiplayer ?

Yes. Had two failed events recently. Server froze for several minutes.

It is worse the more AI units you have in game and I think it also depends on units on the move.I have tested a bit but only have had failures. Everything works fine in SP and as soon as you put it on a server and join with 25 people then it runs like 15 minutes after takeoff and dies. Had an instant freeze when attacking a type 52 frigate with about 40 harpoon, and in the second try it died when a SAM starting locking and firing in a group of friendly aircraft. 

None of my 2.9 MP PvE events have succeeded. 

Not one.

My only clue is that a lot of SAMs and ground units OR dropping a whole lot of missiles at the same time seems to be a safe way to nuke the server. 

It seems the only thing possible in PvE is very little ground units, almost no SAMs or... PvP. Getting 20 pilots in a slim mission is going fine. Having a tight IADS with multiple SAMs overlapping each other seems to be a bad idea.

I am very thankful for ideas how to find out what is going on, and for now I am shifting back completely to a sim whose name shall not be mentioned.

I have no clue how to solve it.

Fun fact is that when people disconnect, the server comes back to life again. But it is already over then- strike eagles are missing their wings, F-18s have moved 80nm north over a SA-10 site and everything is a complete mess.

My bet is that something in some AI or radar logic is using a whole insane amount of CPU and then it freezes.

Or the server can't process all the client updates in time, then the next updates from or for clients come and the queue gets longer and longer, effectively freezing everything until the first clients start to disconnect. 

Same mission runs extremely well in singleplayer.

• Like 3

On 11/5/2023 at 5:00 AM, TobiasA said:

Yes. Had two failed events recently. Server froze for several minutes.

It is worse the more AI units you have in game and I think it also depends on units on the move.I have tested a bit but only have had failures. Everything works fine in SP and as soon as you put it on a server and join with 25 people then it runs like 15 minutes after takeoff and dies. Had an instant freeze when attacking a type 52 frigate with about 40 harpoon, and in the second try it died when a SAM starting locking and firing in a group of friendly aircraft. 

None of my 2.9 MP PvE events have succeeded. 

Not one.

My only clue is that a lot of SAMs and ground units OR dropping a whole lot of missiles at the same time seems to be a safe way to nuke the server. 

It seems the only thing possible in PvE is very little ground units, almost no SAMs or... PvP. Getting 20 pilots in a slim mission is going fine. Having a tight IADS with multiple SAMs overlapping each other seems to be a bad idea.

I am very thankful for ideas how to find out what is going on, and for now I am shifting back completely to a sim whose name shall not be mentioned.

I have no clue how to solve it.

Fun fact is that when people disconnect, the server comes back to life again. But it is already over then- strike eagles are missing their wings, F-18s have moved 80nm north over a SA-10 site and everything is a complete mess.

My bet is that something in some AI or radar logic is using a whole insane amount of CPU and then it freezes.

Or the server can't process all the client updates in time, then the next updates from or for clients come and the queue gets longer and longer, effectively freezing everything until the first clients start to disconnect. 

Same mission runs extremely well in singleplayer.

Getting same issues on dedicated servers...

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Has ED acknowledged there are MP server issues introduced in 2.9?

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, VKB STECS Standard, Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

vor 12 Stunden schrieb CaptHawk:

Getting same issues on dedicated servers...

Yes. 4YA seems to have some test running together with ED and I hope that this helps to sort things out.

I am away this week so I can't follow closely but so far it looks promising as they seem to have been able to reproduce the issue(s).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

The team is aware of some MP issues and are working to improve them. 

thank you

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!