FC3 target designator movement bugged when assigned to axes

Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

I've assigned the TDC slew to a mini joystick on my HOTAS. This bugs the target designator: diagonal inputs with one component too strong will not move the TDC, it just locks up. To reproduce: In A2G mode, move the mini joystick in full circles, the TDC will behave erratically.

This is in Su-25 T only : in Ka-50, which also has the Shkval, this works perfectly fine.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 7:17 AM, PawlaczGMD said:

This is in Su-25 T only : in Ka-50, which also has the Shkval, this works perfectly fine.

The Ka-50 received a fix for this issue. I was not aware that the Su-25T was also affected. I'll check and report.

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

The Ka-50 received a fix for this issue. I was not aware that the Su-25T was also affected. I'll check and report.

Could you also check the Su-25 (non-T)? I thought that the TDC also behaved in a weird way (when Kh-29L is aimed). However, I'm not sure how that TDC should actually behave, so I don't know if it's correct as is or bugged.

5 hours ago, PawlaczGMD said:

Could you also check the Su-25 (non-T)? I thought that the TDC also behaved in a weird way (when Kh-29L is aimed). However, I'm not sure how that TDC should actually behave, so I don't know if it's correct as is or bugged.

I've played with it more, and I'm sure it actually has the same issue. Reminder: Su-25 only has a TDC with laser-guided weapons.

I always thought it was my cheap twcs and it's crappy analog stick. But opening thrustmaster's monitoring tool side by side with DCS I can see the input is transitioning smoothly between axis, but the slew in game keeps getting stuck or ignoring one of the axis completely during transitions. It happens on ALL FC3 aircraft.

Edited by Skuva
  • Like 3

• Flappie changed the title to FC3 target designator movement bugged when assigned to axes