Quest Pro price dropped 33%

sepruda

Sound move, best headset out there I feel and great value at that price

• Like 1

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

vor 12 Stunden schrieb sepruda:

The Quest Pro price here in Denmark just dropped about 33%, from 18.000 DKK to 12.000 DKK

Wait…what? I just googled the exchange rate to Euros. That‘s still 1600 Euros. WTF?

Come over to Germany…costs 1200€ new from Meta. Besides you can actually pick them up relatively cheap on ebay (and the likes).

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

12 hours ago, Phantom711 said:

Wait…what? I just googled the exchange rate to Euros. That‘s still 1600 Euros. WTF?

Come over to Germany…costs 1200€ new from Meta. Besides you can actually pick them up relatively cheap on ebay (and the likes).

Really! Oh wow, I might order ir from Germany then. Though I'm still on the fence...

Ok I set it's actually about 1200 euros directly from the Meta store..

13 hours ago, 72Stu said:

It isn't a good headset, there are better options, even the Q3 is better.

Whats the better options in your opinion?

Edited by sepruda

3 hours ago, 72Stu said:

I have a friend who owned a Pro and moved to a Q3, his report has the Q3 as being the better headset all round.

I also had a quick google to see if youtube simmers agreed, and yes, they do. The Q3 is better than the Pro.

The one big gotcha is eye-tracked dynamic foveated rendering. This is possible on the QPro - not the Q3 - and can lead to *huge* GPU savings in DCS (and Pavlov, but not as much in other games where quad-views can't be used so DFR is implemented with other techinques).

Personally the QPro's eye tracking latency was too high for me (I love it on the Pimax Crystal though) - but the majority of people don't seem to have a problem with it and it *really* helps with DCS framerates.

Q3 is definitely a better all-round headset, QPro is probably a better DCS headset.

• Like 1

My projects:

OpenKneeboard - VR and non-VR kneeboard with optional support for drawing tablets; get help
HTCC - Quest hand tracking for DCS; get help

If you need help with these projects, please use their 'get help' links above; I'm not able to track support requests on these forums.

10 hours ago, 72Stu said:

It isn't a good headset, there are better options, even the Q3 is better.

Are you joking? 😂 Why do you think that Q3 is better than QP? 

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I'll definitely not get a Q3, hardly an upgrade from my G2. 

The more I read about QP compared to Varjo, the more I think I need to wait for new announcements. I will only use the headset for simming. Still hoping Varjo will announce a new headset November 27th..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, actually_fred said:

The one big gotcha is eye-tracked dynamic foveated rendering. This is possible on the QPro - not the Q3 - and can lead to *huge* GPU savings in DCS (and Pavlov, but not as much in other games where quad-views can't be used so DFR is implemented with other techinques).

Personally the QPro's eye tracking latency was too high for me (I love it on the Pimax Crystal though) - but the majority of people don't seem to have a problem with it and it *really* helps with DCS framerates.

Q3 is definitely a better all-round headset, QPro is probably a better DCS headset.

Fred, you're the only other person I've seen mention the lag and commented on it. I posted about it a while back too.

I've got them both. I would still buy the Q3 over the Pro even if the pro was the same price. Imho, for DCS where visible fine details are important, dynamic foveated rendering unfortunately cannot fix visible screen door and lack of panel resolution. Even the blacks and colours aren't hugely different between the two headsets I find.

5 hours ago, 72Stu said:

I'm personally waiting for the Somnium to drop before moving away from my G2. 

I love the look of the Bigscreen Beyond but need base stations in the mix. Valve is supposed to be revealing their new offering soon too. 

I think the price of the Somnium will be a lot more $$$ than the Quest 3.  A LOT more.  But I, like you, may wait just to see how bad the damage is before I give up my G2 for a Facebook headset (Facebook/"Meta"....VOMIT, but what can you do right).  

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

13 hours ago, 72Stu said:

Already explained YoYo.

And you know what, it's OK to have a different opinion on topics. 🙄

You come in with a Big sweeping statement & when some one questions why you think the Qpro is not a good head set you go on the defensive.  

Is it as good as a quest 3 I would not know as I have not owned one, but 26 pages regarding the QP can not be ignored so yes I would say the QP is a good headset I owned one myself it was a great for DCS.

Edited by freehand

1 hour ago, freehand said:

You come in with a Big sweeping statement & when some one questions why you think the Qpro is not a good head set you go on the defensive.  

2 people asked how I came to my 'broad sweeping statement'.  I answered the first, then merely explained to the second that I had already answered the question.

No defensive stuff at all. It IS ok to have differing opinions...no?

On 11/15/2023 at 4:14 PM, 72Stu said:

I have a friend who owned a Pro and moved to a Q3, his report has the Q3 as being the better headset all round.

I also had a quick google to see if youtube simmers agreed, and yes, they do. The Q3 is better than the Pro.

Very well....

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

3 hours ago, 72Stu said:

2 people asked how I came to my 'broad sweeping statement'.  I answered the first, then merely explained to the second that I had already answered the question.

No defensive stuff at all. It IS ok to have differing opinions...no?

mm I am not so sure this the DCS Forum 😁 

On 11/15/2023 at 8:34 AM, sepruda said:

The Quest Pro price here in Denmark just dropped about 33%, from 18.000 DKK to 12.000 DKK 👀

If no other announcements are made soon, I think I'll purchase it.

It's £730 on Amazon in the UK. That's about half the price in Denmark I think.

Meta Quest Pro - Advanced All-In-One VR/MR Headset : Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

• Like 1