Still massive FPS drops down low after newest update

Spetz

With the new updates hoped it would sort out the FPS issues.. Nope.

Brand new mission with air start Hornet over the mountains. FPS locked in game (new option) at 50 FPS (VR) started great with a constant 50 FPS (5000'ish indicated on the HUD). Dove down to a glacier to check it out and at roughly 4350 indicated it instantly dropped to 17 FPS about 200' off the ice. Up above 4350'ish it jumped straight back to 50 FPS.

Really want to like this map, but this has always been the case. Brand new update, cleaned and repaired after update, no mods.

12700H, 64Gb RAM, 3070Ti 

Edited by Spetz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can confirm, still seeing the 900-1,000ft AGL frame drop.  It doesn't seem to be location dependent.  This clip is on a south west track away from Rio Grande.  The frame rates were not terribly different.  In the 40s above 1,000ft, around 20 under.

It's damn pretty though.

Second video, note that the first pass is over the more populated part of town at over 1000 and it's very smooth, but the second pass is under 900ft and demonstrates some serious frame pacing issues despite being over a more desolate part of Rio Grande.

Edited by Biggus
Added second video after noticing some frame pacing issues.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Spetz said:

it instantly dropped to 17 FPS about 200' off the ice.

Yes sadly it's still the worst performing map we have. I see 23fps at most at low altitude, and even at high altitude I only get to 50-55fps whereas on other maps I get 75-90fps.
That's in VR.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

10 minutes ago, Bri01 said:

I Like Razbam but they really should stick to planes. This map has been a mess since day 1. It's the one map I wish I never wasted money on. Sorry thats how I feel. Like I said I like their planes.

I see the map as a kind of out-of-the-box experiment for DCS. As such, I was happy to support RB in the endeavour. But I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea.

For me, I love the feel of it, and I have reasonable confidence the bugs will get sorted out.

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I see the map as a kind of out-of-the-box experiment for DCS. As such, I was happy to support RB in the endeavour. But I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea.

For me, I love the feel of it, and I have reasonable confidence the bugs will get sorted out.
I agree! But I'm loving this map more and more. If we could get rid of the popping bushes and other artifacts, it would be awesome. This is a problem on all maps though.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1