CDU MISSION dial page shows created Markpoints

GumidekCZ

• ED Team

Hi, @GumidekCZ

I don't understand what you're trying to convey here. The OTHER page is only used to activate the function select keys (FSK), just below the CDU screen. 

The Waypoints don't disappear, they're still on TAD and you can see them on the top line on the display and even cycle them using the Steer switch (between the two dials). The OTHER page position is used to select the various sub-pages, it's not a navigation mode.

Screen_231123_090546.png

So in this Mission/OTHER position, if you're in the WP/Waypoint page, it's defaulting to the WAYPT page. If you add a number in your scratchpad and press LSK1, you'll get Waypoints, if you add letters you'll get Mark points.

Screen_231123_091809.jpg

Screen_231123_091851.jpg

Please tell me what am I missing here. 

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord

@Lord Vader My problem is, that when STEER PT dial set to MISSION, than when markpoint created then the CDU screen somehow (bug) switch like if the STEER PT dial is set to MARK, without abylity se cycle there by +/- rocker between waypoints, only markpoints can be selected there. Now switching STEER PT dial between MISSION and MARK show the same and have same behaviour - acts as identical page. No waypoints shown.
I've been going through the Baltics TEW 3.0 campaign for the past few months and I'm pretty sure this behavior wasn't there before the 2.9 update. I had been able to cycle through all waypoints AND markpoints.

As RW and DCS manual says:
obrazek.png
- Not able to do so, after markpoint created.

Edited by GumidekCZ

• ED Team

Yes, but the condition to use the rocker switch is not related to the OTHER page itself. If you want to cycle Waypoints using that, you need to be on the Waypoint page. In our manual it's never said the ability to cycle waypoints or mark points for navigation is available in the OTHER page. Just that it enables the selection of the FSKs. 

If you think you are seeing a discrepancy in the simulation, please send any non-classified public information about the actual operation to @BIGNEWYand we'll have a look. 

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord

4 hours ago, GumidekCZ said:

@Lord Vader My problem is, that when STEER PT dial set to MISSION, than when markpoint created then the CDU screen somehow (bug) switch like if the STEER PT dial is set to MARK, without abylity se cycle there by +/- rocker between waypoints, only markpoints can be selected there. Now switching STEER PT dial between MISSION and MARK show the same and have same behaviour - acts as identical page. No waypoints shown.
I've been going through the Baltics TEW 3.0 campaign for the past few months and I'm pretty sure this behavior wasn't there before the 2.9 update. I had been able to cycle through all waypoints AND markpoints.

As RW and DCS manual says:
obrazek.png
- Not able to do so, after markpoint created.

I think I see what you are saying. If I'm understanding you correctly though, it's not a bug.

This is the proper function of the system. Anytime you create a markpoint, the CDU will go to the waypoint page (Which is not the same as the steer point page, which I think you are confusing it with) and show you the information for the mark. While you will still be able to cycle your steerpoints with the +/- rocker switch, the waypoint page will be continuously displayed on the CDU until you change it. If you want to get back to the steerpoint page from the waypoint page you'll have to reselect it by moving the right nob away from, and then back to the steerpoint option (or push Function, 0 on the UFC)

That is how the system behaves no matter what position the left STEER PT dial is set to.

The STEER PT dial is selecting which database you want to to cycle through when you cycle your steerpoints. MISSION will be steerpoints 1-50, the last mark you took, then mark Z, then the remaining 2071 non editable steerpoints.

MARK will allow you to cycle through only the markpoints you've taken

FLT PLN will allow you to cycle through only your selected flight plan waypoints.

Regardless of what database you are looking at, you can go to the waypoint page (the bottom left LSK from the STEERPOINT page) to look at any waypoint. When you are on the waypoint page it will not change as you cycle steerpoints. It allows you to select which waypoint you are looking at and edit it (assuming it's 1-50). This is the page your CDU is jumping to any time you take a mark.

I hope that helps, If that isn't whats happening then there might be something wrong, and I might have misunderstood what you're saying the problem is.

• Like 1

I think, that it is still a BUG, proper way how it should work can be now achieved only by selecting WP FSK - then STEERPOINT - then WP FSK again - and now WAYPOINT ... here the created mark points and waypoints can be cycled as they should from the start, not only by going through here described process.
In my track, Im again trying cycle to saved waypoints, but without success, but then I use the above described process and voala, CDU WAYPOINT page working like it should be.

A-10C_CDU_WP_page_BUG.trk

Edited by GumidekCZ

There's indeed something funky going on, but I'm not sure whether this is intentional or not. Feels like it's not intentional, though.

This is one scenario (not involving markpoints, to keep it simple):

• Select WAYPT page in the CDU
  • Set CDU STEER PT dial to FLT PLN (and observe F1 displayed in line 1): Now the +- rocker does not cycle through waypoints
  • Set CDU STEER PT dial to MARK or MISSION: Now the +- rocker cycles through waypoints just fine

A-10C_CDU_WP_Cycle_vs_FLT_PLN.jpg

It is my understanding that the +- rocker should be able to cycle through waypoints when the STEER PT dial is in the FLT PLAN position.

==========

Interestingly enough, setting the CDU PAGE dial to WAYPT and thus selecting the WP INFO page allows to cycle through waypoints with the +- rocker, regardless of the setting of the CDU STEER PT dial (note this is the WP INFO page, not the WAYPT page!).

==========

When showing waypoints in the WAYPT and WP INFO pages, what is the intended effect of setting the STEER PT dial (and/or selecting a database via the UFC FUNC + FPLAN/MARK/MSN buttons)?

Should the selection of waypoints that can be cycled with the CDU +- rocker be limited to the flight plan, markpoint or mission point databases, just like it's the case for cycling steerpoints with the STEER rocker (on the CDU, on the UFC, or DMS Fwd/Aft Short with HUD as SOI)?

==========

Track from 2.9.1.48335 attached. A-10C II and A-10C appear to show identical behavior.

A-10C_CDU_WP_Cycle_vs_FLT_PLN.trk

• Like 1